I am MOVING! Where do you think I should live?

Options

Replies

• ambie443
    Options
    I live in southernmaine and it is beautiful here. we have the ocean, and we have some mountains, however I have been out to Washington state and have this to say there mountains make ours look like ant hills, lol..... we get snow and that makes it fun for skiing, and snowmobiling and sledding which are all great exercise activities. in the spring it gets muddy, that is when you get a 4 wheeler and play :) the summer is great for swimming, and BBQs. and the fall is just perfect, not to hot not to cold beautiful changing colors on the leaves. have fun making your decision and hope I painted a pretty photo for you of the seasons here in maine.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    NOT chicago! LOL too cold LOL

how about Florida, nice weather nice men.. I MEAN. lots to do! ha ha Northern FL though

No mountains, limited green space. Florida is actually quite ugly, to be honest.

Somewhere in the Carolinas might suit you better. Even Georgia, but unless you're on the West Coast, it's going to be tough to find all the things you're looking for close to each other.
  • rml_16
    Options
    NEVER pennsylvania!!!! too boring here..except dorney park :]

The entire state is too boring?
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Virginia! Mountains in the western part of the state, beaches on the coast. Plus, we have four seasons. Love it here.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    how about california, santa cruz or san diego would be perfect. Lets us know where you decide to move
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    These are all great....I am doing google searches right now! Thankfully, I am actually transitioning into a new job position in February and in my work, I am completely mobile - my phone and my computer and I am set, which is why I am open to explore!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Northern California seems like it would be a perfect fit. Maybe around the bay area?
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

No, not the entire state. Bucks County is beautiful and only about 1 1/2 hours away from the beach. Philadelphia is a great place. And PA offers tons of beautiful scenery.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Denver, CO. seriously, check it out.
  • Jess22542
    Options
    I live in Dallas and love it. It's not by the mountains, but we have a surprising amount of parks and activities available. Cost of living is low compared to a lot of places, so you get more for your money. And jobs aren't nearly as hard to come by as they are in a lot of other places. There is tons to do, lots of nice people, and tons of shopping! Tons of vacation options in driving range. I really enjoy it.
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    B.C., Canada!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Paris.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    If I could afford to I would sell my house and move to San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX love both those cities!

If it weren't a hassle to move countries I'd move to Vancouver-LOVE IT THERE and I have lot's of family there too!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have decided to move to a completely different city/state in the late spring and now just need to figure out WHERE to go! Where do YOU think I should go. I am seriously looking for suggestions....

I absolutely love the outdoors (mountains, ocean) and must be close to green spaces. Want to live either around or near the mountains or close to the coast (prefer east over west coast)...educated, mostly white collar. I am single and active and will be done with my grad degree and want to live in an active town/city where I can jump into the local community. I love the idea of living local in a small beach town or a college town that has a lot going on culturally.

I'm really open to all kinds of suggestions!
    California central coast is great. You get mountains and ocean in one place. All kinds of stuff to do, and the weather isn't too crazy here!
  • BethanieK
    Options
    If you're looking for East Coast-try Bar Harbor Maine, or Providence RI.

Seattle and Portland are both beautiful for West Coast, or Northern California is beautiful as well.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you every considered moving to a different country?
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I live in Mechanicsville, Va...in a nice suburban neighborhood probably about 15 minutes from downtown Richmond.

We're about 1.5 hours from Va Beach (closer beaches than that, but Va Beach is a popular destination), 1.5 hours from the beautiful mountains in Charlottesville, and 1.5-2 hours from DC (depending on the traffic). We are central to pretty much everything.

Themeparks: We are 25 minutes from Kings Dominion and 45 minutes from Busch Gardens

Malls: There are probably 5 malls within a 5-25 mile radius. Most within a 5-10 mile range.

Seasons: We have seasons. Cold in the winter time, we usually get snow (not to terribly much, but in the past couple years we've gotten right much). Hot in the summer, temps get upwards of 105. Most importantly, spring and fall...beautiful flowers blooming in spring, leaves turning colors in autumn, 60-80 degree temps.

There's suburbs, city, very rural places...and its all about 20 mins (if that) to find any kind of scenery you'd like. I used to hate being in Va when I was young, but now that I'm grown, and old enough to appreciate things...I really love it here. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    Options
    These are all great....I am doing google searches right now! Thankfully, I am actually transitioning into a new job position in February and in my work, I am completely mobile - my phone and my computer and I am set, which is why I am open to explore!

I WANT YOUR JOB!!! lol

I'm writing a novel (or two or three). My hope is they get published and make at least enough money that I can write for a living and live ANYWHERE. The plan is to move to Europe for a few years and move around from country to country, then come back and live in New England.
  • rml_16
    Options

No, not the entire state. Bucks County is beautiful and only about 1 1/2 hours away from the beach. Philadelphia is a great place. And PA offers tons of beautiful scenery.

Well, *I* know that! lol

I grew up on the NY/PA border near Mansfield (on the NY side). It was beautiful there, though very rural in that area. We used to drive through to visit family in Baltimore all the time and it's a gorgeous drive, for sure.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    would love to live out of the country...but a lot harder to do. ; )

i really appreciate you guys just jumping in....i've been amazed by how many great and specific suggestions you have given and am looking into all of them!