Why do some people have to be so mean?

Options
Phoenix24601
Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
So today at chick-fil-a, I was having a really bad sugar craving, and I was really good on my food for the day, so I went up and bought an Ice-dream KIDS SIZE not even a small. The guy behind me turned to his girlfriend and said "She really doesn't need that ice cream" loud enough for me to hear. When I turned around and looked at him, he just got this smirk on his face. I wanted to yell "What in the world is your problem? I am 5'6" a size 4, and have a 27 inch waistline?"
I track my calories and excercise and the one day I really want to "treat myself" some jerk that doesn't even know me has to mouth off like that. I felt like I was back in high school. Why do some people have to be so mean? :cry:

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    That was you? I'm sorry.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    You should have said, "you really could loose 10lbs" "And when I mean 10lbs, I mean off that attitude."
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Seriously? That is so stupid that he did that, what an *kitten*, he doesn't even know you....why does even care? I guess people just think they can say those things and get away with it because they don't expect anyone to ever say anything back, someone will beat his *kitten* someday lol
  • AbbeySue9585
    Options
    Can I tell you something so similar happened to me not too long ago. My fiance and I live literally across the street from an ice cream shop. Before my "being good" phase started, I walked over to get us some sundaes. On my way back, I was in a good mood... it was nice out, and we were just going to have a good night. Until two boys drove by and yelled, "You don't need that." I was shocked how fast my mood turned. I was shocked. I couldn't believe that someone would do that in the first place, and to someone they don't even know. I walked in the house and just started crying! I didn't eat my sundae.

THEN I snapped out of it and realized how stupid those little boys were. It's not worth spending our time worrying about what other people say. It's clearly an issue they have with themselves, when they feel the need to hurt someones feelings. I say you enjoy your ice cream and forget about those people - they're not worth spending one more minute of thought on! There will always be rude people and we can't really control how they act, but we can definitely control how we react. Brush it off and keep working hard!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I wish my fiance had been there. He definitely would have taught him a lesson. :smile:

edit: for spelling
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You should have said, "you really could loose 10lbs" "And when I mean 10lbs, I mean off that attitude."

Haha, I'm really glad you didn't say this...

That is a sad story though. Some people just seem to have no idea how rude they are, or don't even care. What an *kitten*, I really hope you don't let him bother you for too long. He must be very insecure himself. What a douche.
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    People think alot more of themselves than they ought too, and people that say things out loud are morons, and yes he will say something to the wrong person and he will get his butt kicked.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It would have been worth it to get the cone, turn around, and smush it right in his face.
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with you. It's his problem. There are some people (I notice a lot of them being men) who think that if a woman doesn't look like the models he sees in Maxim, they must be fat. Feel sorry for him. His standards and priorities are way out of whack. It must keep him from being very happy.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's just weird. And you are pretty small at a size 4! Geeze, what would he say if he saw me eating ice cream?
  • AbbeySue9585
    Options
    I know!!! Mine was so pissed when I got back and told him what happened! He was just upset to see my feelings hurt. I wish I got a good look at them!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    wow wtf!!!! ugh ignore negative people like that...i'm sure he was just jealous and bitter!
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Next time trip and let him wear it....

BTW, think of the emotional abuse HIS girlfriend endurs...what a shame he's so miserable inside.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    So today at chick-fil-a, I was having a really bad sugar craving, and I was really good on my food for the day, so I went up and bought an Ice-dream KIDS SIZE not even a small. The guy behind me turned to his girlfriend and said "She really doesn't need that ice cream" loud enough for me to hear. When I turned around and looked at him, he just got this smirk on his face. I wanted to yell "What in the world is your problem? I am 5'6" a size 4, and have a 27 inch waistline?"
    I track my calories and excercise and the one day I really want to "treat myself" some jerk that doesn't even know me has to mouth off like that. I felt like I was back in high school. Why do some people have to be so mean? :cry:

He'd have wore it. Seriously.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Really!? WHY would someone say such a thing? I had a 'friend' say that to me (potato chips) I don't know WHAT their problem is but IMO the planet would be much less crowded and all around nicer place without them. I act accordingly. They simply don't exist. Look thru them, not at them. disregard them completely. they are a non-factor in my world
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    It would have been worth it to get the cone, turn around, and smush it right in his face.

This, this, this! lol
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    He was just showing his immaturity and most likely his insecurity and lack of self esteem! One of those people who has to put down someone else in order to feel good about himself. Don't waste your time worrying about a loser like that.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that person did that. It was cruel. But people usually say things like that because they're insecure about themselves. To make themselves feel better, they are cruel to others. People who feel good about themselves do not have the need or desire to say cruel things about others. So try (and I know it's hard) to overlook the creep and realize he's a loser. You're not! :heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I think he wanted your attention.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Are you sure he was talking about you? I find it hard to believe that even a complete jerk would say that about someone as tiny as a size 4.