Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• MsxIndie
    Options
    Awesome thread, thanks!
  • chica559
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!! So much useful information that will definitely be used!!!!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Bump , this is great info
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the consolidation of information. I'd also add:

--Don't trust the MFP calories and nutrition information as they are OFTEN incorrect.
    Recheck and/or enter your own-
    AND:
    --Use a scale. Small medium and large are subjective (size matters here) and non-liquid volumes are difficult to estimate!
  • phindilee
    phindilee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great Info.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting this together and sharing
  • kimmarie63
    Options
    thank you for the tips
  • susieeasterwood
    Options
    :yawn: thesse are really good suggestions and thank u for taking the time to put them out there. i am pleatauing right now and i know i need to up my activities. thanks for the suggestions. wish u would join our group, Lubbock County Diet and Fitness Group. we would love to have u.

Trashy
  • PrincessPixee
    Options
    Thank you for the info, which I need to re-read and absorb.

This is my second week.

The first week, I lost 7lbs and was over the moon. This week I have lost nothing.

I am obviously doing something wrong. I am following the Hairy Dieters Cookbook, weighing and measuring everything and calorie counting.

I am really hungry all the time.

For instance, I have just had a coffee and two crumpets with nothing on for breakfast and my stomach feels as though my throat has been cut - it is gurgling away like no-one's business.

Any advice would really be appreciated Please !!!!!!!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You're most welcome! I am no professional, but these are things I have gathered through numerous threads on here, websites and personal experience, it would be wrong not to share especially knowing how difficult it is to get through a plateau. If you instill a couple of these things in your routine you most likely will never plateau, you just have to always keep your body guessing, just always change things up! :glasses:

THIS ^^^^^^
    I did not understand calorie zig zagging until you explained it. I thought I was doing it and just choosing a random number each day but not adding it for the week just keeping it from anywhere between 1200 and 1650 and under 100 carbs. Thanks for taking the time to post these suggestions I needed them. :flowerforyou:
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good post.
  • SukiRob
    SukiRob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the consolidation of information. I'd also add:

--Don't trust the MFP calories and nutrition information as they are OFTEN incorrect.
    Recheck and/or enter your own-
    AND:
    --Use a scale. Small medium and large are subjective (size matters here) and non-liquid volumes are difficult to estimate!

Absolutely true! HRM and a scale will really help in understanding exactly how much one eats and burns! :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that information with all of us. I am curious if there is a way to save this information...not computer savy at all, and somewhat new to mfp.
  • SweetLillyM
    Options
    I'm having this problem. I've been told that it's because I wasn't eating back any of the calories I was burning from exercise. I don't have a HRM and I know I'm not burning as much as MFP says I am so I was afraid to eat them back. My net calories were usually around 500 calories a day (based on MFP's calories burned) but I DO take vitamins. I haven't lost any weight in a few weeks and it's very frustrating. This week I'm eating back some of the exercise calories and I'll see what happens...blah...

Love this thread! So many helpful ideas...
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info, which I need to re-read and absorb.

This is my second week.

The first week, I lost 7lbs and was over the moon. This week I have lost nothing.

I am obviously doing something wrong. I am following the Hairy Dieters Cookbook, weighing and measuring everything and calorie counting.

I am really hungry all the time.

For instance, I have just had a coffee and two crumpets with nothing on for breakfast and my stomach feels as though my throat has been cut - it is gurgling away like no-one's business.

Any advice would really be appreciated Please !!!!!!!

try complex carbs like oatmeal or granola with greek yogurt for breakfast. Stay away from processed or sugary pastries. I don't know how healthy your crumpet is, but if it has a lot of sugar, it'll just make you crave carbs throughout the day. Go with healthy carbs, fiber, and protein to curb your appetite.