Do we really need water?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I feel better, not as sluggish, my face is clean and smooth and my hair is in much better condition than before I switched to an all water or milk liquid intake.

I'll keep my water, thankyouverymuch! :bigsmile:
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It's your body. I'm still going to drink my water. But, then again, I only drink water, almond milk and vodka.

i wish they had a like button here <thumbs up>Like
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    water is extremely important and yes you can get it from other sources. it is needed to rehydrate and flush your system so lighter your urin color the better. i drink as much as i can handle usually when thirsty. back in highschool when i did martial arts several hrs a week. i didnt go any where unless i had at least a full gallon jug on me.. and it was nothing for me to go thru a couple of those a day.
  • cressamarie
    Options
    I'm with "Therealhotash" if you drink iced tea, spring water and just throw a fresh strawberry or raspberry or blueberry in a cold glass of iced water-the essence is a treat all by itself. Beats soda's all to pieces! and good for you.:drinker: Cheers
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Dr Dean Edell says the 8 glasses of water thing is a farce. (sometimes I don't like him but sometimes he was interesting) He discussed the origin of the 8 glasses of water thing on his radio show one day. Just think about it...it doesn't make sense to me that I need all that water if I am drinking other things. On the other hand, I don't know if I have ever really tried it for a couple of days... People say it kills hunger. If it was sugar water I could believe that.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't track my water but I drink a fair amount of it when I'm thirsty.
    I don't drink water just to drink water.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I drink ten glasses of warm water everyday(sounds gross, but got used to it) to combat constipation and interstitial cystitis. If I did not have those problems, I would not have much concern for my water intake.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't keep track anymore. I've actually been living on Coke Zero for a few weeks now and uh... my pee has stayed the same as if I was just drinking water. Occasionally I will get in a liter or two, but yeah. It's weird though, because I'm taking a nutrition class right now and the textbook says to drink 8-9 cups on top of the water you get from food/other sources.
  • JohnPerryy
    Options
    I feel drinking lots of water actually helps losing weight.
    I read that it helps the kidney's, and in turn, helps the liver break down more fat.
    I drink 5-6L of water a day, sometimes even more when i feel thirsty; i worry i may be drinking to much water. but it's helped w\ my weight loss.