Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

People at work commenting on your diet/weight loss

2»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    Most of us here have worked together for about 16 years, so everyone knows everyone's business and honestly, no one seems to mind. I brought back Taco Bell for lunch the other day and one of the girls stops by my office and says "Are you allowed to have that?". I explained to her that I believe in everything in moderation. It fit in my calorie range. Then I told her to leave me the hell alone so I can eat my taco. She just laughed!

The "are you allowed to eat that?" thing when people see you eating something that isn't widely accepted as "diet food" is what gets to me. I'm a grown woman, and I'm allowed to eat whatever the hell I want.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    When I started my weight loss one person kept bugging me about "the secret" behind it at my last job. So finally I told them the "secret" was eating fresh, raw stem cells.

I never had to talk to them again!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    There's a guy at my work that always brings in goodies for the department (which is fine). He's very sweet, says I'm beautiful etc (we're both married, it's strictly platonic, he's too old for me, etc etc etc etc just so we're clear there is NO chance of romance here), but always pushes me to have treats and says how I am fine the way I am and don't need to lose weight.

Uhhhh....yeah, I do need to lose weight. He's so sweet and I just have to be like "Oh stop it" and walk away.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    -If you refuse some food someone brings in, they take offense.

-Or, someone offers you food, and a third part jumps in to "save" you with: "He can't eat that he's dieting."

-My personal favorite:
    -"How'd you lose all that weight?"
    -"I exercised and stopped eating so much."
    -*blank stare*

I really, really, want to punch people sometimes.

I think I like you. :happy:

How much weight did you lose?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    How much weight did you lose?

Started out around 250. At my lowest I was 170. Currently 185, goal is to add muscle.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member

-My personal favorite:
    -"How'd you lose all that weight?"
    -"I exercised and stopped eating so much."
    -*blank stare*

A coworker asked me that exact same question and I gave her the exact same answer and yes, I did get the blank stare! LOL

Ditto +1000

Then when asked for details I tell them about MFP andm y exercise schedule and I get "Oh that's too much work- I'm looking for something simple and easier to do" as they shove the left over halloween candy in their mouths and waddle out.
  • LOL thats funny!! Better to be safe than sorry
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    I get asked daily how I am losing weight... like it's some kind of secret. People see me eat my apples on break, and always have my water bottle around. But the once a month that I have a diet soda, everyone freaks out about how I can't have that. Or the other day there were donuts, I grabbed a donut, took a bite, enjoyed my one bite, and then threw the rest away. Two of my coworkers saw this and freaked out, saying that how can I be on a diet if I just ate some donut. Clearly no one understands what moderation means.
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    I don't really have a problem with it. I'm pretty new at work so nobody really knows I've lost weight. Plus I eat whatever they do.. .if they go by Starbucks I get something low fat or whatever fits into my calorie goal that day. If my boss orders pizza for the monthly eating, I won't deny eating that either.

It's more about portion control for me. If they eat 3 pieces of pizza I'll settle for 1 and half or whatever.