Diet Pills??

Options
Anyone using any diet pills to help speed up your weight loss?
I know many people have opinions about weight loss pills but i really wanna hear from people who have taken them and if it helped or not.

I went to gnc and bought a pretty expensive one called Refine. And your supposed to take it 30-60 mins before a work out. its a thermogenic, so it makes you warmer, but i don't feel it working at all. all it does is make me unable to sleep at night...

So i bought a kinda cheap one at walmart called Leptoprin. And there were good reviews on it.

Just wanna know your feedback on stuff you've tried and if it helped or failed.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to have your diet in check. Other than EC, there aren't many OTC "Fat Burners" that do anything but give you a bit of an energy boost
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I took one in high school, don't remember the name of it... ended up being rushed to emergency as my HR went up to 220 (resting) and I was in danger of a heart attack. At 14!! imagine that!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Took Hydroxycut when i was 24 (i'm 31 now) lost 20 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. I managed to keep it off by exercising and dieting after I lost (not to mention during the weight loss also). I'm 31 now went from 205 to 159 and still going without the aid of diet pills. I honestly believe they're a gimmick!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I took one in high school, don't remember the name of it... ended up being rushed to emergency as my HR went up to 220 (resting) and I was in danger of a heart attack. At 14!! imagine that!

Ditto on this. I took something in high school and I had a similar reaction. I did not go to the ER, but I was pretty wired. I know a lot of women who take them and their weight goes up and down. I think that diet pills are a temporary solution. Lose the recommended amount of weight and you will be able to keep it off in the longer term.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I've taken many different brands over the years. Apple cider vinegar pills, the ones you get from Beach Body with the Turbo Jam DVDs and so many others from walmart that never really did anything. A couple would boost my energy a bit but not enough to really do anything. I kinda think they're not worth the cost, personally.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Many pills where taken off the market for this reason (ephedrine sp?). Just keep in mind that while it's monitored it's not regulated very much and pills usually have caffine in them.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Took Hydroxycut in college. Thought my heart would fall out of my chest. The old cliche is true....the only thing that gets lighter is your wallet.
  • Itsurgil
    Options
    I'm using Alli, which I've used previously to lose weight and it works. But it has to be combined with a low fat diet. There are awful side effects if you break the fat recommendation intake requirements.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am taking Orlistat, which is a fat metaboliser, supposed to stop your body absorbing the fat in the food that you eat, I am losing steadily (but I was before too) and no side effects. I wouldn't want the ones that suppress hunger or increase your metabolism.
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Taking Animal cuts and they are awesome... no afederine
  • cupcakethefatclown
    Options
    I take b vitamins and amino acids, they help a ton with energy! and they dont have crazy side effects..
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Take them back. GNC has a fabulous return policy. The only thing the pills will lighten in the end is your wallet.

Also, NEVER trust online reviews. There are many people out there who are paid to post positive reviews of products online, even when they have never actually used them.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm using Alli, which I've used previously to lose weight and it works. But it has to be combined with a low fat diet. There are awful side effects if you break the fat recommendation intake requirements.

This one is probably the best because it's FDA approved. I don't do any, but that's what I'd take if I did.
  • rebel_girl11
    rebel_girl11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Take them back. GNC has a fabulous return policy. The only thing the pills will lighten in the end is your wallet.

Also, NEVER trust online reviews. There are many people out there who are paid to post positive reviews of products online, even when they have never actually used them.

I might just take them back. Most the bottle is still there. And they do nothing for my fiance who's doing this diet with me. He took 2 and then fell asleep 2 hours later.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Yeah, you *kitten* your pants! Yay! Sign me up for that!:noway: :noway: :noway:
    :wink: :laugh:

(ALL diet pills are horrible, stupid, and a huge F-ing waste of money)
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just no. Lots of money, little to no extra weight loss, plus who the hell really knows what they're actually doing to you?

Even if it did work, would you really be happy with your weight loss if it depended on buying this pill indefinitely?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    drugs are bad, mmmkay :wink:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Won't lie, I'll periodically buy some cheap ones for an energy boost...meh...I don't expect them to suppress my appetite, but I do like the jolt I get to keep me going

Vitamins are FDA regulated either...jus sayin
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I take Oxy Elite Pro once a week before my greatest burn of the week. Oxy is a thermo that heats you up and gets your heart rate up and keeps it up for a few hours. I take it in the morning only and the effects last about 5 hours. It will dehydrate you and its important to drink plenty of water.

Basically I use it to stay hyped up so I can burn calories for 2 hours straight. I don't need it to work out, but it does give me the boost I need to compete.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Yeah, you *kitten* your pants! Yay! Sign me up for that!:noway: :noway: :noway:
    :wink: :laugh:

(ALL diet pills are horrible, stupid, and a huge F-ing waste of money)

never once crapped my pants or had anal discharge with Alli.... If you eat right you won't get that. gees some people believe everythign they hear!