Diet Pills??

Options
2»

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    I used xantrex (bought at walmart for $20) to help me kick start my weight loss and I lost my first 50lbs with the pill. It does make u jittery if u dont eat enough and drink lots of water and I never take it for dinner only before breakfast and lunch because the caffeine will keep you awake at night. I honeslty cant say it was the pill that helped me lose the weight because I ate crazy healthy, no red meats, not past 7pm and worked out 60-90mins a day for 5 days a week however I am considering taking them again to help boost my energy levels since I work so much and give me the ummph I need to workout. Its important for you to understand theres no magic pill that if u take it ull lose weight however I think in combination with diet and exercise and takin responsible some people can benefit from them
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I'm using Alli, which I've used previously to lose weight and it works. But it has to be combined with a low fat diet. There are awful side effects if you break the fat recommendation intake requirements.

Yeah, you *kitten* your pants! Yay! Sign me up for that!:noway: :noway: :noway:
    :wink: :laugh:

(ALL diet pills are horrible, stupid, and a huge F-ing waste of money)

never once crapped my pants or had anal discharge with Alli.... If you eat right you won't get that. gees some people believe everythign they hear!

The quote said there are side effects "IF you break the fat recommendation" .
    IF. Do you know what "if" means?
    I stated what those side effects would be.

Good for you for not eating too much fat while taking a stupid pill.

But it's not just "believing everything I hear". I had the pleasure of laughing my *kitten* off at a dumb chick at work who had **** running down her legs daily and had to bring 3 changes of underwear and pants to work for a WEEK before she gave up.

Besides FAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU FAT.
    Restrict nuts? peanut butter? olive oil? avocados? hell no.

Have some willpower and just don't eat the damn Burger King. You don't need a scary pill to strike fear of Anal Leakage into your heart to stop you from eating the crap. Just don't put it in your mouth.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I think you can ask yourself, would i want my baby boy to take these when he's older if he were having weight problems... my guess is, your answer is going to be no, i dont want him to feel like he has to take these, i want him to be healthy, naturally. If you're answer for him is no, then it is for you. If your answer for him is, he can do what he wants, then do what you want.

You say they dont really make a difference for you, so what's the point?
  • Loolypooly
    Options
    In the UK you cannot buy them like you can in the US. I took some bought from the internet (silly and dangerous) and suffered side effects.

No judgement on using them but please be very careful, you dont need them to lose weight, no one really does, it may speed it up or allow you to relax the diet and still lose weight, it depends on if your trying to learn a new lifestyle or lose the weight as quickly as possible, whichever is the priority.

For me the moment I stopped taking them the weight went back on because I hadnt learnt my lessons in healthy eating which is whats lead me to do a plain old diet and exercise approach.

Best wishes
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've lost 118 lbs the ol' fashioned way - through hard work, sheer will and determination to improve my life.

You don't need a pill. Don't put *kitten* like that into your body. Feed it with good food, move it about and you will get results

Good luck

By the way - your wee one is gorgeous!! xx
  • callymcq
    Options
    My ob-gyn dr prescribed me phentermine 37.5, 1000 calorie per day and 150-300 minutes per week exercise, 100 gram protein life style change, and one or two is a meal replacement. I work in the operating room and our anesthesiologist is on the same program as myself, so if it's safe for him which he is a dr and he wouldn't take a medication that was not safe to use or safe in general. I have lost 25lbs. I was only on the phentermine for 2.5 months the 1st week I started the pill I lost 11lbs. I helps to see results right away that way you feel good and you start looking at the calories closer and it creates a overall life style change!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I took OxyElite Pro you get it at GNC, its cheaper at vitacost and I lost 32 lbs in 8 weeks it took away all my carb cravings and after that I lost another 30 lbs on my own so I say it works. You can only take it 8 weeks at a time also.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I took OxyElite Pro you get it at GNC, its cheaper at vitacost and I lost 32 lbs in 8 weeks it took away all my carb cravings and after that I lost another 30 lbs on my own so I say it works. You can only take it 8 weeks at a time also.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down with weight my whole life and the one common denominator is diet pills. You buy them, lose some weight really fast, then stop taking them, then you gain the weight back. Sound familiar? They increase your heart rate, and you burn calories faster, but it isn't a permanent increase in your metablolism. So when you stop the pills, (which you will because they are expensive) your metabolism crashes so even if you stay on the diet the pounds come back on.
    This time I have lost 50 lbs drug free with just keeping my calories down and doing cardio. It sounds boring,but it works.
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lol nice! Mr.mackey reference I do it all the time lol
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    drugs are bad, mmmkay :wink:

Lol caught the mr.mackey reference lol I say it all the time
  • awoutlaw
    Options
    When I first started, I took Hydroxycut Max for about a month. Because they are expensive, the second month, I did it the old fashioned way and I lost the same amount of weight both months.

I understand both sides...but, I also don't want the yo-yo effect.
  • loopie2534
    Options
    Just a little FYI for anyone using diet pills....the only kinda safe ones are the FDA approved ones like Alli all the other ones can cause MAJOR cardiac issues! I've have taken care of many people who have heart attacks and blood clots that were traced back to these types of medications. Play it safe and do things the right way. I know its hard, but you will be happier and healthier in the long run :D
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Diet pills will help sure, I've done them before but as previous post they get expensive and increase you blood pressure, which could very well cause your to have a heart attack or stroke, you got alot to live for (i.e your baby) you and your husband need to stop taking pills and do whats cheap! Take walks, get a cheap membership to a gym, USE THIS WEBSITE, People on here have lost weight just by logging there food, but the awesome bonus is if you work out you get to eat more! One of my fav things someone said about there weight loss..... "Its taken 20 some yrs to put on this weight, its sure as **** not going to be easy to lose it" So true, I've been over weight a majority of my life and I have tried all the fad diets, some pills, and WW, diet meals. The only thing that has been working for me it Logging my food and working out. Yes my ticker (cause I started this in Aug but been working on this since June) says I've only lost 11 lbs but My highest weight was in the 300's and total I've lost 20 lbs! Also another issues will losing weight fast is that it doesn't stay off. Please be healthy about it and try to do whats healthy for you and your family. They need you!! Add me if you like, I like supportting my friends and the support they give me!
  • britkip
    Options
    I say heck no to the diet pills, Do it the natural way the pills will mess up your body, yes you will lose weight but it can give you health problems too even if they say they won't, I have never taken diet pills and for good reasons!! .. My mom use to be a fitness crazy and she took diet pills and later found out that one can cause heart attacks, seziures, blood clots, and even death and other strange illnesses. Also taking the pills really really really badly messes up your metobolism! horribly it's not worth it. My mom gained weight back over the years but is now on weight watchers and she is doing amazing!!! I suggested that before any pill!!!

Stay fit. ♥brit