lifes not fair

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    breast implants.

Ahh I think I'm gonna get my boobs done. I'm probably gonna get yelled at for it on this post but I'm marrying a marine so it's free. And I'm getting super toned and losing my boobies):

They are free through health insurance?? Whaaaa?

Uh sorta. Military wives get 2 free plastic surgeries a year while their men are enlisted.It's a small reward though, as is the health insurance. Not seeing him for 9 months at a time is a huge price):

It isn't that simple. You have to prove to them that the surgeries are medically necessary to improve your mental health. Once they approve the surgery (which can take a year) then you have to buy the implants yourself.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    breast implants.

Yes, if only it were that easy for everyone. Let's just slice ourselves open and shove plastic balloons filled with saline inside our bodies for the sake of vanity. All the risks, totally worth it.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I will probably get mine lifted back up once this weight loss is over. Mine are deflating and sinking. They used to be pristine perfect perky D cups. It's heartbreaking.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Uh sorta. Military wives get 2 free plastic surgeries a year while their men are enlisted.It's a small reward though, as is the health insurance. Not seeing him for 9 months at a time is a huge price):

You might want to check your info. I'm from a third generation USMC family... and it's not really as simple as you're making it sound. It is, however, a very popular rumor/urban myth.
  • usmcmp
    Options

You might want to check your info. I'm from a third generation USMC family... and it's not really as simple as you're making it sound.

Thank you! I am a Marine, I know it's not that simple.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Im glad mine are going down - the smaller bra's are the nicest ones - lacy and sexy. None of this full cup old lady style soon for me! Woo hoo!!

I agree with that. I look forward to when i can buy bras from regular shops and not have to get them from speciality places on the internet.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    breast implants.

Yes, if only it were that easy for everyone. Let's just slice ourselves open and shove plastic balloons filled with saline inside our bodies for the sake of vanity. All the risks, totally worth it.

I should have seen this coming. If its not your cup of tea then don't do it. And I would never slice myself open, obviously I would have a plastic surgeon do it and I would never have plastic balloons filled with saline inside of my body. That would not make for a very attractive boob job.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Nice to know we're paying for this crap.

breast implants.

Ahh I think I'm gonna get my boobs done. I'm probably gonna get yelled at for it on this post but I'm marrying a marine so it's free. And I'm getting super toned and losing my boobies):

• adjones5
    Options

Yay taxes.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    breast implants.

Nah we don't. I am a military wife and we don't get plastic surgery without there being a medical or mental health reason for it. They use to do them free so that the doctors could get in practice... but not anymore :(
  • usmcmp
    Options

breast implants.

Guess you missed all of my posts about how it really isn't like that. Not even close.
  • Beezil
    Options
    breast implants.

I should have seen this coming. If its not your cup of tea then don't do it. And I would never slice myself open, obviously I would have a plastic surgeon do it and I would never have plastic balloons filled with saline inside of my body. That would not make for a very attractive boob job.

That's pretty much the gist of what it is to have breast implants put in. The risks involved aren't emphasized enough, imo, and I just don't think you should be promoting something that says your body isn't good enough the way it is. Not only that, but not everyone can afford to have something like that done - so it's not exactly a practical solution you've suggested, risks aside.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well good. Because that would be freaking crazy. :)

breast implants.

Guess you missed all of my posts about how it really isn't like that. Not even close.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: You cant please all of the people, all of the time :wink:
  • adjones5
    Options
    breast implants.

That's pretty much the gist of what it is to have breast implants put in. The risks involved aren't emphasized enough, imo, and I just don't think you should be promoting something that says your body isn't good enough the way it is. Not only that, but not everyone can afford to have something like that done - so it's not exactly a practical solution you've suggested, risks aside.

I know how breast implants work. If its not something that you are interested in then don't do it. If someone else decides its worth the risk to do it then why do you care? I wasn't suggesting breast implants as a practical solution to a man who posted a joke about boobs and weight loss.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    it would be crazy. The reason they use to do free surgeries was to practice for the surgeries they would need to perform in the heat of battle... so to speak... Probably not the guys you would want cutting on you for visual reasons anyway. These rumors bother me only because it makes people think money is being poured into the military for ridiculous reasons and it simply isn't like that. Half the time my husband has to pay for his own equipment if he wants stuff that works, and people want to cut our funding because they think wives are running around with new breasts on their dime... not how it works.
  • Beezil
    Options
    breast implants.

I know how breast implants work. If its not something that you are interested in then don't do it. If someone else decides its worth the risk to do it then why do you care? I wasn't suggesting breast implants as a practical solution to a man who posted a joke about boobs and weight loss.

It's certainly not the first time I've seen you suggest it.
  • adjones5
    Options
    breast implants.

It's certainly not the first time I've seen you suggest it.

If you don't like what I post then I invite you to not read it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've had three surgeries on the girls for tumors. I want them fixed up, and I want insurance to cover it. But since that hasn't happened, at least I can say they're currently HILARIOUS!!!!
  • Beezil
    Options
    If you don't like what I post then I invite you to not read it.

Right. lol