Learn different tricks folks or you wont make it!

Options
Your body is like a child
In the beginning it does pretty much everything you tell it
Its hungry for this new way of life
The results are amazing
but
over time
Its seen all the tricks
Watched all the shows you're putting on
It stops paying attention
You get frustrated and keep doing the same things
maybe you ask and someone says "lower your calories below whats recommended"
This doesnt help
You need to learn the new tricks!

If you are new to weight loss understand that at times you will stall out.
The best approach to this is understanding what your body needs on a daily basis.
I want you to throw out the term BMI.
Its useless!
Adopt the term BMR, the calories your body needs to live while in a coma
and
Maintenance Calories.
Once you have these 2 numbers you can do anything with your body DIET wise until it learns and adapts.
For some ppl this adaptation could take months.
For some it could take weeks.
Case and point when I started this lifestyle 170 something days ago I was 160lbs and fat.
After doing the calculations I found out that my maint calories per day were appx 2200.
I reduced my caloric intake down 20% appx 1780ish.
My weight started coming off.
I could swing it the other way if I wanted to Gain.
The thing to remember in a cut situation is your body will loose a good amount of weight but at some point will say "Nope! No more! I love the fat! you can reduce more but not one more % of fat is coming off this puppy!"
What will you do?
You drink all the water
You run
You strength train
Nothing works!

Suggested funk breakers!
1) Eat at maint cals for 2 weeks.
2) Carb cycle (this one sucks!) It works like a champ!
3) HIIT cardio 3 times a week 20 mins a session
4) Start introducing cheat weekends. Eat whatever and however but only up to maint calories.
5) Introduce more mono fats. This is one way I broke a funk! I started taking Flax, fish pills.
6) Adjust your sleeping habits. 8 hours gang! 8 HOURS!
7) Carb tapering. Eat most of your carbs in the AM then slowly taper them to nothing at night.
8) Up your weights used in training but lower your reps. This will create muscle so if you are against looking fantastic dont do it!
9) For those with great digestive systems but really overweight look into a burner. OxyElite is the best in my opinion but This is a last resort.
10) LeanGains approach. change your eating habits so you only eat within an 8hour window. the other 16 hours are water only. This causes your body to use fat stores as energy but maintains lean mass. This is the hardest one if you live with other people because they will be eating while you are in a fasting state.

Please feel free to add to this list.
I'm in now way perfect and i'm learning this life also!

I hope this helps for some of the folks who feel stuck.
I know that I've hit several walls in my journey but each one of these suggestions has helped me in the past.
We really have to trick our bodies into getting the fat off.
After that its time to build that lean mass.
But thats for another post.

Add me!
Hugs!
Dan

Replies

• mattyhaddon
    Options
    Just joined mate and hoping to lose quite a bit.
    Thats very helpful indeed

Many thanks
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Suggested funk breakers!
    1) Eat at maint cals for 2 weeks.
    2) Carb cycle (this one sucks!) It works like a champ!
    3) HIIT cardio 3 times a week 20 mins a session
    4) Start introducing cheat weekends. Eat whatever and however but only up to maint calories.
    5) Introduce more mono fats. This is one way I broke a funk! I started taking Flax, fish pills.
    6) Adjust your sleeping habits. 8 hours gang! 8 HOURS!
    7) Carb tapering. Eat most of your carbs in the AM then slowly taper them to nothing at night.
    8) Up your weights used in training but lower your reps. This will create muscle so if you are against looking fantastic dont do it!
    9) For those with great digestive systems but really overweight look into a burner. OxyElite is the best in my opinion but This is a last resort.
    10) LeanGains approach. change your eating habits so you only eat within an 8hour window. the other 16 hours are water only. This causes your body to use fat stores as energy but maintains lean mass. This is the hardest one if you live with other people because they will be eating while you are in a fasting state.

A lot of broscience in your post
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Will definatly keep an eye on it.
  • hernoodlyness
    hernoodlyness Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great post! Added you :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Capsiplex help me get started as I was 12st 7 and restricted physically due to fatigue and co-ordination issues. It gave me energy to be able to exercise for a few hours and get to a state where I was burning off fat, when I dropped carbs also its just coming off weekly... dunno how long it will last but lost one and half stone so far (21bs) so I'm thrilled with that!... still got another 21lbs to go to be in healthy range for my height.

I do the carb tapering, but didn't know I did it!... if I want a treat.. ie gluten free choc muffin one day or a bacon butty I have it in the morning, no carbs after lunch (not including veg) but dinner (around 3-4pm) is salad or veg with fish/prawns or lean white meat.. then nothing until next morning so kind of do the 8hour eating, 16hour fast too but didn't know it was an official dieting strategy!!

I'm gonna copy these tips to my iPad incase I get stuck with losing the second half!

Thanks
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I like this....!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice Post!
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Dan. I found a lot of interesting (and useful) information. I am wondering what a Carb cycle is.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the tips. I'm barely losing any weight despite serious weight lifting and a good amount of cardio. I'm only eating my 1200 calories a day, no exercise points. I'm scared to go over that, worried I'll gain! But it looks like I may have to try it.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Eh...
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...hoping some of this will help me :-)
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Nice post.
  • iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I like the motivational aspect of this. You do need to trick your body to do what you want it to do from time to time.

Some of those methods I'm wary of the effectiveness of but like I always say, if it works for you, all power to you! I never dismiss anything I haven't tried for myself...

Jay
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I used to weigh 294 and lost about 100 on a vegetarian diet. Gained a little and am now trying to lose the remaining 85 or so. I always get stuck somewhere and have found that cutting calories back is not the ticket. Exercising doesn't always help either, especially lifting weights, because it adds muscle. So I will keep these tricks in mind. Can use a lot of help with these last 85.