Learn different tricks folks or you wont make it!

Options

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info!
  • jem728
    jem728 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.
  • fireman300
    fireman300 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks, been looking for a few ways, I seem to loose...then stall for a week or two then lose again...and I still have a long way to go.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the tips. I'm barely losing any weight despite serious weight lifting and a good amount of cardio. I'm only eating my 1200 calories a day, no exercise points. I'm scared to go over that, worried I'll gain! But it looks like I may have to try it.

You probably arent losing weight BECAUSE of the amount of exercise you do and the fact that you dont eat your exercise calories.
  • agearhart0410
    agearhart0410 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    My main concern with this post is that you've only been at this 6 months and you have already tried all of these "tricks"
    How can you possibly know what is working and what is not if you aren't giving it anytime?
    Sure, these things worked for you, but isn't it possible that had you stuck with what you were doing, you would have seen results as well?

I do agree things need to be changed up on occasion.
    But doing all the things you mentioned in a 5 month period seems pretty impatient.

PS: I've only tried a couple of these.
    These items have been passed down to me.
    I use OxyElite and it gives me a huge jolt of energy.
    Mental? Maybe but I like it as a Pre-workout in the AM.
    Abundant energy!
    The Fish, Flax pills are fantastic. The omega3 in it supposedly helps with stress as well?
    I'n january I'll be starting the LeanGains approach but I need to get my wife involved because she loves eating at night.
    Screw carb cycling! I love my fruits and probably wont be cutting those down.

My realistic goal here is over the next year to put on appx 10lb of muscle with minimal fat gains.
    I'll be doing that through proper clean bulking and cuts.

In the beginning I didnt have a lot of help so I only did the food part of dieting but after researching and talking to friends in the business, This list was what was given!
    =D
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    +1
    Your body is like a child
    In the beginning it does pretty much everything you tell it
    Its hungry for this new way of life
    The results are amazing
    but
    over time
    Its seen all the tricks
    Watched all the shows you're putting on
    It stops paying attention
    You get frustrated and keep doing the same things
    maybe you ask and someone says "lower your calories below whats recommended"
    This doesnt help
    You need to learn the new tricks!

If you are new to weight loss understand that at times you will stall out.
    The best approach to this is understanding what your body needs on a daily basis.
    I want you to throw out the term BMI.
    Its useless!
    Adopt the term BMR, the calories your body needs to live while in a coma
    and
    Maintenance Calories.
    Once you have these 2 numbers you can do anything with your body DIET wise until it learns and adapts.
    For some ppl this adaptation could take months.
    For some it could take weeks.
    Case and point when I started this lifestyle 170 something days ago I was 160lbs and fat.
    After doing the calculations I found out that my maint calories per day were appx 2200.
    I reduced my caloric intake down 20% appx 1780ish.
    My weight started coming off.
    I could swing it the other way if I wanted to Gain.
    The thing to remember in a cut situation is your body will loose a good amount of weight but at some point will say "Nope! No more! I love the fat! you can reduce more but not one more % of fat is coming off this puppy!"
    What will you do?
    You drink all the water
    You run
    You strength train
    Nothing works!

Suggested funk breakers!
    1) Eat at maint cals for 2 weeks.
    2) Carb cycle (this one sucks!) It works like a champ!
    3) HIIT cardio 3 times a week 20 mins a session
    4) Start introducing cheat weekends. Eat whatever and however but only up to maint calories.
    5) Introduce more mono fats. This is one way I broke a funk! I started taking Flax, fish pills.
    6) Adjust your sleeping habits. 8 hours gang! 8 HOURS!
    7) Carb tapering. Eat most of your carbs in the AM then slowly taper them to nothing at night.
    8) Up your weights used in training but lower your reps. This will create muscle so if you are against looking fantastic dont do it!
    9) For those with great digestive systems but really overweight look into a burner. OxyElite is the best in my opinion but This is a last resort.
    10) LeanGains approach. change your eating habits so you only eat within an 8hour window. the other 16 hours are water only. This causes your body to use fat stores as energy but maintains lean mass. This is the hardest one if you live with other people because they will be eating while you are in a fasting state.

Please feel free to add to this list.
    I'm in now way perfect and i'm learning this life also!

I hope this helps for some of the folks who feel stuck.
    I know that I've hit several walls in my journey but each one of these suggestions has helped me in the past.
    We really have to trick our bodies into getting the fat off.
    After that its time to build that lean mass.
    But thats for another post.

Add me!
    Hugs!
    Dan
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Reduce another 200 cal for the next 2 weeks and see what's happening.
    Hey, thanks for the tips. I'm barely losing any weight despite serious weight lifting and a good amount of cardio. I'm only eating my 1200 calories a day, no exercise points. I'm scared to go over that, worried I'll gain! But it looks like I may have to try it.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Great tips for a 30+ something year old who only has less than 20 pounds to lose! I would beg to differ on OxyElite. The answer to PERMANENT weight loss is never found in a pill.

Oops! Less than 30 pounds to lose. My bad.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Reduce another 200 cal for the next 2 weeks and see what's happening.

Do not reduce anymore. You need to stay above your BMR. 1200 calories would be a 4 foot tall person at about 90-100lbs.
    this can drop your nutritional intake too low even for proper body function.

Please do not go lower.
  • creativev7
    creativev7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info very interesting!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    bump

this is what i've been looking for!
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    thanks for putting this together, interested in what others say as well.
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump, very helpful. Thanks Dan
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump....need to study this later. thx for the info!!
  • leslieaht
    Options
    bump
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump...thanks :o)
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Interesting!
  • Lmezz11