Are you stressed about money like me?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My husband is taking an internship ..(he's an OBGYN) with a hospital in Cape Coral, the pay is 1.5 times..(US dollars that is...lol...that makes a huge difference, when our dollar is so crappy right now...) what he makes here, and we have a home that we don't plan on selling here....just in case, the price of food and the like doesn't so much worry me, because food and gas prices here are ridiculous, more the health care. ....either way we're in Florida for at least 5 years..yay! for sunshine though! :laugh: we'll see about the rest...the kids are a little worried, more worried because they don't think they will fit in,...ahhh to only have those types of worries :tongue:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My husband is taking an internship ..(he's an OBGYN) with a hospital in Cape Coral, the pay is 1.5 times..(US dollars that is...lol...that makes a huge difference, when our dollar is so crappy right now...) what he makes here, and we have a home that we don't plan on selling here....just in case, the price of food and the like doesn't so much worry me, because food and gas prices here are ridiculous, more the health care. ....either way we're in Florida for at least 5 years..yay! for sunshine though! :laugh: we'll see about the rest...the kids are a little worried, more worried because they don't think they will fit in,...ahhh to only have those types of worries :tongue:

Cape Coral is a nice place, it is actually a part of my territory for work so I have to go over there a couple of times a year. The beaches are beautiful and from what I've seen the homes are quite nice, I'm sure that comes with a nice price too, but sounds like a great move for your family.

I know things will get better in our economy as a whole and for us, eventually, just up until that time, I really appreciate everyone listening!!:flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Ah money - have very little of that now days and both My H and I are employed. - it's just become really hard

You'll like Florida - I've been here 16 years came from NY - so this was a way to afford a home - cause in NY was way too expensive.

I'm in South Florida - and we are happy - property values everywhere were going up and down -

Cape Coral is very nice I think you'll like it there

Good Luck
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread. "motivation and support" So empoweing we are all reaching out to each other here at MFP for matters in addition to fitness/weight loss. I wish us all strength and peace to get through such tough and challeging times. Porka29, I admire your courage to start the money talk thread! :flowerforyou: It's like the scariest subject to talk about right now yet we must. Take good care of ourselves and each other. :happy: Thank you.
  • heal4444
    Options
    kinda scary cause we're moving from Canada to Florida, a job offer for my hubby is taking us there, but wow, all I hear about Florida recently is how there's no work! frightens me a little to leave everything behind here.....schools, jobs, healthcare, friends...so scary.

You're leaving Canada! :cry: As a fellow Canadian leaving in Ontario. Wish you and your family all the best. Take good care.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    kinda scary cause we're moving from Canada to Florida, a job offer for my hubby is taking us there, but wow, all I hear about Florida recently is how there's no work! frightens me a little to leave everything behind here.....schools, jobs, healthcare, friends...so scary.

You're leaving Canada! :cry: As a fellow Canadian leaving in Ontario. Wish you and your family all the best. Take good care.

Thank you, it's not really by choice though, the way OHIP billing works, and the doctor shortages here, you would think that the goverment would try to keep the doctors here, but it's not the case, they would rather hire doctors from abroad...like India....to investing in people who have lived, paid taxes, volunteer and raise their children here, as well as paid numerous dollars for education.
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Going through the same thing sweetie... Keep your chin up and be your own best friend! Things will get better!!!

:glasses:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    It's so scary out there. My advise to everyone without a job - try to get a government job. A federal government job. Now.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    In ways that cannot even be imagined!!!
    hear ya on that!:noway:
  • heal4444
    Options
    Porka29,

You reached out to others for support rather than reaching for a cookie, or chocolate to quiet your anxiousness. That's great. That's BIG!! Congrats to ya! I'm raising 2 glasses of water! :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - I just sent my daughter to the bank to "rob peter to pay paul" :ohwell: (transferring from one account to the other)- had too many bills to pay all at once - I guess part of it is remnants of Christmas spending.

Oh Well - me and my family are healthy - I am head over heals in love :heart: with my hubby and he me too - so LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Going through the same thing sweetie... Keep your chin up and be your own best friend! Things will get better!!!

:glasses:
    what a positive encourager you are my friend!:drinker: :wink:

FC:heart:

Glad you posted Porka:flowerforyou: Though we can't fix things for you we can continue to encourage one another and it does help to realize we're not alone in this:flowerforyou: