What Keeps You Motivated to eat right and work out?

Options
13»

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    I love that picture! Did you create it?
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1.Remembering how good I felt when I was at my ideal weight and fitness level.
    2. Wanting to age well, in a healthy and active lifestyle.
    3. Noticing after a few short weeks my weight loss, looseness of clothes, increase in stamina, increased self esteem, etc.
    4.Wanting to fit into the awesome clothes languishing in my closet.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    1.Remembering how good I felt when I was at my ideal weight and fitness level.
    2. Wanting to age well, in a healthy and active lifestyle.
    3. Noticing after a few short weeks my weight loss, looseness of clothes, increase in stamina, increased self esteem, etc.
    4.Wanting to fit into the awesome clothes languishing in my closet.

And death. Impending death. That's a big one. I could keep sitting on my *kitten* and die or get up and do something about it.
  • jerry_smart
    Options
    I've been streaming episodes of "The Biggest Loser" off Netflix. Anytime I don't feel like working out all I have to do is watch one of those shows and it gets me pumped up and in the mood. I see those people on the show, many who need to lose more than me, and I think to myself "if they can do it surely I can".
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i came across this link, and believe it or not it actually put fear in me that if i dont do something i may end up like this....

dont know abt the rest of you but this worked for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpbpuPf3G0A&feature=related
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ditto for results.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I love that picture! Did you create it?

Got it off Google lol searched motivation and then clicked image
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    GREAT THANKS EVERYONE!!!
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Results. Even the small things like not being out of breathe when climbing stairs or people noticing the weight loss.
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    I also forgot to say. When I work out it helps me to eat right I figure if I'm that sore why mess up all that hard work with candy. Then when I'm eating right I feel better and I want to get to the gym to keep it up . Vicious WONDERFUL cycle.
  • annasamaniego
    Options
    Ive only been on this a week and i can already say i feel so much better. Even though ive only lost 4lbs i already feel lighter. I dont feel like i need to sit down or take a nap after doing something. Im already so excited about this and i cant wait for that after picture.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ok this is probably lame, but:

After I dropped my first 10lbs, I started buying myself two cute pairs of 'skinny'(er) panties every time I lost 5 more lbs. They make me feel good about myself when I throw a pair on every day, and they keep me encouraged. I find it helps me more to feel good about what I've accomplished now, than to dangle a carrot in front of my nose about where I might be three months from now. I'm an instant gratification sort of chick.
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    But what keeps your motivated before you have those success pictures and results? What helps get you there?
  • doublegnyc
    Options
    All the people on here that have succeeded keep motivated.

It means that a goal is actually attainable and as long as I continue on this path I'll get to where I need to be.

New to the site so add me for mutual motivation!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    A picture of me sitting, holding my baby grandaughter on top of my large stomach and not wanting the same type of pic when my next one is born in April
    Not wanting to go back on cholesterol medication
    Needing to take more stress/weight off my knees so I do another half marathon
    figuring I have another 40 years in this body and wanting to tell it what I want to do rather than being able to do what it allows me to.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    But what keeps your motivated before you have those success pictures and results? What helps get you there?

your REASON for wanting to get fit and healthier should be enough to motivate you, i will always remember this quote from a friend of mine who lost over 300lbs without surgery, she told me "motivation comes from doing" when you begin to move your butt,eat healthier and make fitness a everyday part of your life you will be successful and see results,those results will keep you motivated.
  • NaughtyKnockers
    Options
    The doctor's scale ever week + my HEALTH!