Here is what's in the McDonalds McRib?

Options

Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Dont I know that! People order 3-6 of the nasty things at a time. And Im usually the one MAKING the sandwich so I gotta smell that. *retching over here* Besides why do I care if they boosted sales? I dont see a raise so makes no difference to me. lol.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Well I tried one this week just to see what all the fuss is about. It's a decent tasting sandwich, but I don't think I'd get it again. The sauce is yummy, but for 500 calories it wasn't worth it for me. I'd rather have some chocolate cake. :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Besides why do I care if they boosted sales? I dont see a raise so makes no difference to me. lol.
    Keeps the doors open, and folks in jobs.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Oh believe me, McDs isnt hurting for money. They do just fine without that nasty sandwich. Then again its like I always say.... The box of beef says 100% beef.... It doesnt say WHAT part of the beef it is. Cows is beef from lips to tail end!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This isn't worse than their chicken nuggets, or reconstructed fries with beef and milk flavoring and potato flakes.... No one says eww about that. :huh:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    This isn't worse than their chicken nuggets, or reconstructed fries with beef and milk flavoring and potato flakes.... No one says eww about that. :huh:
    I realize it isn't a McDonald's offering, but hot dogs continue to sell like hotcakes too -- despite their constitution.
  • katherinehurleynelson
    Options
    McBARF

hahahaha im with you.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    chicken-goo.jpg

Chicken goop for their mcnuggets! Nom nom nom
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I miss McDonald's. Too many calories for me right now but I plan to have a big quarter pounder with cheese someday again.
    It will most likely make me ill by then but at least I have my memories. :heart:
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    See this is the reason I stopped eating fast food all together...you never know whats in the stuff until you do your research and 9/10 your going to be disgusted at what you find out...ew!
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have an ex that loved the McRib. It looks disgusting without the sauce or whatever that is on it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    70 ingredients doesn't sound ideal, by any means. But the ones highlighted... so what if the bleaching agent is also used for other things besides food? And what do you have against organ meat?

That said, I've never liked McDonald's, and the McRib looks nasty.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for someone to post the "pink goo" chicken nugget pic!
    That's basically what the McRib looks like too, before it is shaped into...meat..with ribs in it? Isn't it kind of disturbing that the actual meat looks like it still has bones in it? No? Ok...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    How many ingredients are there?
    At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide - "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Ooof. What's the meat made of?
    Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together. 500 calories and 26 grams of fat.
    Also known as offal. Tasty, tasty,very very tasty.

You would probably be surprised at just how many meat dishes are made from offal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offal
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'll stick to baby back ribs
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    ...tripe...
    If you liked the McRib, you'll LOVE menudo!

No, seriously. When menudo (made with tripe) is made right, there's nothing better.
    I tried my mother in laws menudo once...didn't like it. Her tamales though...out of this world!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I was waiting for someone to post the "pink goo" chicken nugget pic!
    That's basically what the McRib looks like too, before it is shaped into...meat..with ribs in it? Isn't it kind of disturbing that the actual meat looks like it still has bones in it? No? Ok...
    Five posts up from your comment. Perhaps the image is blocked at your workplace.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Well I tried one this week just to see what all the fuss is about. It's a decent tasting sandwich, but I don't think I'd get it again. The sauce is yummy, but for 500 calories it wasn't worth it for me. I'd rather have some chocolate cake. :flowerforyou:

You can cut out some of the calories by skipping the bun and just eating the "restructured meat product" ie pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach!!! :noway:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I've never had menudo, but I've had tripe. I scraped the sauce off of it to see what it actually tasted like. It didn't seem to have much taste at all.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    That's f***ing disgusting.....

I so agree. :drinker: