Options

Replies

• Hewitt347
    Options
    So...nasty...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Also known as offal. Tasty, tasty,very very tasty.

You would probably be surprised at just how many meat dishes are made from offal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offal
    Very many tasty dishes. I love pig intestine tacos -- "tripitas" in Mexico.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I tried my mother in laws menudo once...didn't like it.
    You need my mother-in-law's menudo! :laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I've never had menudo, but I've had tripe. I scraped the sauce off of it to see what it actually tasted like. It didn't seem to have much taste at all.
    Like many things, the preparation and complimentary ingredients make or break the dish.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Disgustingly delicious :P I've been hooked on their South Western Grilled Chicken salad. God I hope it's close to a real chicken.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's it. I just didn't like the texture or flavor of the tripe. Maybe it has something to do with the smell of it cooking...nasty!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I don't think that's it. I just didn't like the texture or flavor of the tripe. Maybe it has something to do with the smell of it cooking...nasty!
    Believe me -- it has everything to do with how it's prepared. My mother-in law and wife make it nice and tender, not chewy. The flavor is incredible, thanks to the seasoning they use. We'll save a bowl for you on Sunday. C'mon over! :drinker:
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    OBVIOUSLY its not "rib" meat, its effin mcdonalds for pete's sake. how people think this sandwich is actually made of pork meat is just beyond me. i could elaborate, but that would take a lot of ****** on my comment
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled chicken snack wrap from the Evil Empire today. It was pretty good! 250 calories of artifical tastyness. I still have a pulse.
  • stefchica
    Options
    Believe me -- it has everything to do with how it's prepared. My mother-in law and wife make it nice and tender, not chewy. The flavor is incredible, thanks to the seasoning they use. We'll save a bowl for you on Sunday. C'mon over! :drinker:

true, if the stomach isnt prepared right it will taste like what its made to create, *kitten*. it smells like *kitten* when its prepared and it will taste like *kitten* if it isnt cleaned and prepared right!!
  • stefchica
    Options

true, if the stomach isnt prepared right it will taste like what its made to create, *kitten*. it smells like *kitten* when its being prepared (cleaned) and it will taste like *kitten* if it isnt cleaned and prepared right!!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    who the **** wants to eat something that looks like that? it doesnt even look real...its like fake **** lumped together and then cookie cut out of a "rib" *vomit*

I feel exactly the same. A comercial came on the other day and my husband asked if they're any good. Well I had one once a long time ago. I told my husband that yes it did taste good, but it's not really ribs... it's meat stuff shaped to look like ribs. Lol he looked very disapointed. But really what do you expect from McDonalds? Real ribs? Lol
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Well I would say eww to the McRib but I have been known to eat potted meat & I don't think the ingredients are much better for that. :laugh:

I've never had a McRib- mostly because it reminds me of the weird fake ribs they served for school lunch. I don't want my meat to look like it has bones in it if it doesn't :sick:
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think one of the top 5 things I miss about Houston is real spicy pork tamales made with LARD.
    So, sooo good.

That said, McRib time only comes around once a year, and I'm driving 26 miles into town to get one of them on Sunday. I've been a good girl, I won't go over my cal mark and I'm not gonna feel even a little bit guilty about it.

Nom!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    WHY IS THERE MORE THAN TWO TOPICS ON THIS?

Do people not use the search button anymore?
    What is this "search button" you speak of?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I think one of the top 5 things I miss about Houston is real spicy pork tamales made with LARD.
    So, sooo good.

That said, McRib time only comes around once a year, and I'm driving 26 miles into town to get one of them on Sunday. I've been a good girl, I won't go over my cal mark and I'm not gonna feel even a little bit guilty about it.

Nom!
    Tamales? Driving 26 miles for a McRib without guilt? :heart:
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Oh gawd.. I made a grammatical error.. ._. I need to stop sleeping only two hours a day.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well I would say eww to the McRib but I have been known to eat potted meat & I don't think the ingredients are much better for that. :laugh:

I've never had a McRib- mostly because it reminds me of the weird fake ribs they served for school lunch. I don't want my meat to look like it has bones in it if it doesn't :sick:
    Oh potted meat! I used to like that when I was a kid. I wonder if I still like it.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Oh gawd.. I made a grammatical error.. ._. I need to stop sleeping only two hours a day.
    You did? I was kidding about the search button -- you made a great point.