Do your thighs rub together?

Options
I am so sick of going through trousers like hot dinners because I have chubby thighs and they rub together. I wear trousers and eventually I end up with a hole where they have rubbed away at the fabric between my legs. I hate is 'cos it makes me me fat and huge. I am a uk size 14 at the moment, what size do I need to be to stop this from happening?

Anyone else have the same trouble? x

Replies

• LittleAngel25
    LittleAngel25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No idea, I have the same problem and hate it.
  • bookdame
    Options
    This is one of my fitness goals--- To walk without my thighs rubbing.

Its not a self-hating thing...just a NSV I am aspiring towards.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Mine do! It used to be a lot worse before i lost weight, I have scarring on my inner thighs it was so bad. Honestly it's all about the quality of the trousers, If they're made out of good thick material, they'll last longer. I'm a UK16 now and I havent worn through any of my new jeans...but they're new, lol. It depends on the person, too, where they hold their weight.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes! I was just looking at my favourite pair of jeans, that I splurged on and spent $120 when I lost a significant amount of weight... and I see that there is a small hole forming in the thigh area. One day I'll have thighs that no longer rub together!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Mine do too! Im a size 3-5 depending on the store
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Still happens me at UK12 but I do walk a lot so have previously always blamed it on that. My goal is to have an actual space between my thighs like a skinny person!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am two or three sizes below you and it happened to me
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine rub together even still, and I've lost quite a bit. I don't wear holes in that area of the clothes but I do get a lot of "pilling" of the fabric. I think it depends on how much fat you're carrying in that area, so no one would be able to definitively say "you need to be a size X for this not to happen". Honestly I think most thighs have some contact even when you're a healthy weight, they just don't rub together with a lot of friction. Only super skinny people have an actual *gap* between their thighs. :laugh:
  • talzybob
    Options
    ive lost an inch and half off both my thighsand they are now slender and toned and my thighs still rub together. i think most people go through it. it must be the quality of the fabric. ive had to resort to buying expensive quality jeans and trousers to make them last.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Not to put a dampener on things... but a goal of a lot of anorexic people is to have a gap between their thighs. I have a feeling that this magical gap is a sign of being underweight - so maybe it's not a good idea to want it? Just my two cents...
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you can do. Now that I am very over weight they rub even worse. When I was 112 They still rubbed. I think it is just the way some of us are built.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Every womans body is built differently. I don't know exactly how to explain it but some women naturally have their legs closet together than others (maybe it has to do with hips or something). Others just have fat thighs. I have fat thighs, but at the same time I'm not sure if my thighs will ever stop rubbing when I lose the weight or if they'll just rub with less intensity... and, I'm about to toss my fave pair of jeans due to the thigh rub (as well as the belt loop holes from yanking them on when I really shouldn't have).
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm a US Size 16, and my thighs rub together. Unless I have jeans or trousers, the insides of my thighs kind of do a ball-thing, where the fabric balls up, and there's little balls on the inside of my legs. It's actually pretty embarrassing. When I do my workouts, I make sure that I also lay on my right side, put my left leg bent over my body, and lift my right leg up, doing reps of 20 or however many I can do that day, and repeat the other side. Sorry that it's probably hard to picture.... But I've noticed less rubbing since I've started that exercise.
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most women's thighs do. If I do happen to notice someones thighs not touching, they usually look significantly underweight.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    See I have a triangle of not touching at the top of my legs (between crouch and legs) the more weight I loose the higher up my legs start touching and the bigger that "triangle" grows so I don't think that my legs not touching is a unreasonable goal for me but I do think that I have a lot of fat left to loose and I am well within my healthy weight
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most women's thighs do. If I do happen to notice someones thighs not touching, they usually look significantly underweight.

I agree with this. Mine always have even when I weighed less... It's just the female shape.
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine rub and it drives me crazy! I can't remember a time they never did unfortunately.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Me too! At least I know I'm not alone... the world would be a quieter world without all the swishing we create:laugh: !! Perhaps there is some untapped energy we could help create with all this friction!!!!!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not to put a dampener on things... but a goal of a lot of anorexic people is to have a gap between their thighs. I have a feeling that this magical gap is a sign of being underweight - so maybe it's not a good idea to want it? Just my two cents...

You are very correct... I have Anorexia.. (trying to recovery...) And my goal was for my thighs not to touch at a very young age. now 29 and i will never allow them to touch.
    Your thigh's are only not ment to touch on certain body shapes, normally when you have wider than "normal" hips in proportion to the rest of your body.

Healthy women should not aspire for this! You may never get a gap between your thighs! And i dont reccomend anorexia to get it!!!!!
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my thighs have always rubbed together from time i was 115 lbs in high school to now (over 10 years later....) at 180