Do your thighs rub together?

Options

Replies

• ellenrose25
    Options
    ugh i hate it. the closest i came from my thighs not rubbing together was when i was a size 28 (european) i think that's equivalent to a 4 US. that was in highschool...
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Not really meaning to plug a product or anything, but if you need to wear a skirt or something, and you chafe a bit, Monastat makes a WONDERFUL powder/gel that you can get in the feminine product area. It goes on very smoothly, and it smells like baby powder, and it provides HOURS of no chafing. You don't need to use much (thankful, too, since the tube is about $5, and it's not very big), and it's kept me from getting the chafing/razor burn pains from when I would wear a skirt.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Mine rubbed at size 20, 18, and 16, (these are US sizes) and still touch but don't rub at 14. When I got down to a 12 for about 5 minutes, they didn't even really touch, so that's the size that I'm going for again... hope to be there within 10 pounds!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you can do. Now that I am very over weight they rub even worse. When I was 112 They still rubbed. I think it is just the way some of us are built.

Yep! This is me too.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Mine do! It used to be a lot worse before i lost weight, I have scarring on my inner thighs it was so bad. Honestly it's all about the quality of the trousers, If they're made out of good thick material, they'll last longer. I'm a UK16 now and I havent worn through any of my new jeans...but they're new, lol. It depends on the person, too, where they hold their weight.

I used to get scars between my legs too. Big reason why I stopped wearing shorts/skirts! Can't wait to be at the point where I can wear them again. =)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    try cycling. helped my thunder tighs slim down/.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    This is one of my fitness goals--- To walk without my thighs rubbing.

Its not a self-hating thing...just a NSV I am aspiring towards.

Me too!
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine still do, just not as badly as they used to. I often see girls whose thighs do not touch even with their feet together....but when walking they still touch/rub together. I think the motion and the way you shift your weight when walking makes it very difficult for thighs NOT to touch!
    So, while this IS a goal for me, my bigger (and more realistic) goal is for my thighs not to touch AT ALL when standing with my feet together. I swear when I meet that goal...I'll probably jump up and down with joy!!! :D
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. Although, I didn't realize that was the cause of my holey pants until recently. Unless you walk with your legs apart (so that they don't touch), there will still be friction. Only my pants that are primarily cotton have this issue. Other fabrics handle the friction fine. Unfortunately, most clothes are primarily cotton, lol.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think it is how your hips are formed, not so much your legs or your thighs. And perhaps your gait. If you walk one foot in front of the other of course there is going to be some friction. I know it sounds a little strange, but back in "the day" women would wear panty hose under their tight jeans for a little control and support so the fabric didn't tug, sort of similar to sock choices for runners in their shoes to prevent blistering.
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    BOY! I wish I wore UK sizes... there so much smaller, make me not feel so bad about my clothes size....Im a US 20W what would that make me in UK?
  • odettedancing
    odettedancing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch and even when I was slim they still touched. I have the hourglass figure and when I gain weight my thigh circumference increases that's how my body is programmed! I heard that if your body stores fat around your thighs you are less likely to have heart problems latter in life! Although knowing all this I would like normal thighs in proportion to my upper body!
  • fearundercontrol
    Options
    Every womans body is built differently. I don't know exactly how to explain it but some women naturally have their legs closet together than others (maybe it has to do with hips or something). Others just have fat thighs.
    This is true. It does have a great deal to do with the hips. It can be a combination of your bone structure, your body frame size, amount of fat, etc. You can have a low body fat percentage and be very fit and still have your thighs rub together. It should not be a weight loss indicator. Although I agree that it is definitely an area of self-consciousness!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    size 20 US is a 22UK and a 24AUS
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    try cycling. helped my thunder tighs slim down/.
    I have to agree with engineman. I've rode almost 3000 miles so far this year and it has made a huge difference in my thighs. Not only slimming them down but also shapping them up a lot!!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i hate it so much... makes wearing skirts and things suck for me as well becuase they then rub together skin on skin...
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    BOY! I wish I wore UK sizes... there so much smaller, make me not feel so bad about my clothes size....Im a US 20W what would that make me in UK?

UK sizes are bigger then US/Can sizes by like 2 sizes actualy
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. My thighs rub, and it can be really painful in skirts or dresses. I have to wear bike shorts under my skirts.

As for jeans and other pants, I just buy a thicker material. Nothing else I've found that works.
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I HATE walking with shorts on because one short let rides up and I'm constantly pulling it down. grrr! But I have gone through a couple of pairs of pants also because my thighs rub together. That is why I'm on MFP now.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize it was a common problem? Mine don't touch, but maybe it has to do with the width of your hips too. Mine are much wider than my waist. Narrow hip people probably have it worse?