I just ate 830 calories. Too much at once?

Options
I just ate 830 calories. Is that too much in one 20 minute period? Am I gonna get insulin poisoning or become a diabetic, or something?

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Damn! That's quite a lot of calories.

But I think you'll be fine :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    you might grow a tail...keep an eye out for that. some are very pointy and cause some real damage
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Gonna go ahead and assume this isn't a troll..
    I wouldn't think it would be an issue if you don't have some underlying medical condition. The way my doc explained it to me, a calorie is a calorie no matter when you have it. Eating small meals 5 times a day, eating one or two massive meals...it's all the same thing as long as you don't ultimately exceed your daily goal.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Prepare your will. You are going to die.
  • JaydenDraco
    Options
    I depends I guess on what you ate.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just ate 830 calories. Is that too much in one 20 minute period? Am I gonna get insulin poisoning or become a diabetic, or something?

::SIGH::

first not knowing what grilling referred too and now this
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Gonna go ahead and assume this isn't a troll..
    I wouldn't think it would be an issue if you don't have some underlying medical condition. The way my doc explained it to me, a calorie is a calorie no matter when you have it. Eating small meals 5 times a day, eating one or two massive meals...it's all the same thing as long as you don't ultimately exceed your daily goal.
    agreed
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? If that was the calories, what do the other numbers look like?
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You crack me up...
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    say three Hail Mary's and a 30 minute walk. This too will pass my son.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've done worse.

That's actually the amount of many "combo meals" at fast food joints. Let's not pretend that we've never eaten those.

You can still lose weight. Just don't eat like that at every meal unless you're wiling to put in several hours of working out.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options

::SIGH::

first not knowing what grilling referred too and now this

lmao...your going to be just fine!! No worries.. just stay under your net cals... :wink:
  • cupcakethefatclown
    Options
    psh thats nothing.. thats like two hamburgers silly
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options

LMAO...
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    LMAO!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My guess is that's too much for anyone. I doubt it will kill you --- unless you do it often.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Thats a lot of calories for a meal.especially if your trying to lose weight. But even though it sounds like you just eat a cow you probably only had like one double cheese burger or something hahaha Calories add up fast and if it is taking most your calories for the day then try to avoid doing that again.

Good luck hang in there!!!

p.s. you probably were just being sarcastic but just in case..... YOU CAN NOT GET DIABETIC JUST FROM EATING ONE BAD MEAL!!!! IT'S A LIFE STYLE OF OVER EATING AND BAD CHOICES AND SOME PEOPLE INHERIT THE CONDITION NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, BUT YOUR NOT GOING GET IT JUST FROM ONE MEAL lol and if you were just being sarcastic then umm hahah very funny, not!!!!!!!!! I am border line diabetic and its not a laughing matter. Its a very scary thing to go through
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Might turn you into a troll.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well, you know that it's better for your metabolism to spread it out, eating every 2-3 hours to keep your engine burning most efficiently, but now and again, I can't really see that it's a problem.

Danny, you so silly!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My guess is that's too much for anyone. I doubt it will kill you --- unless you do it often.

Wrong. He's had it for sure. :smile:

Seriously, don't stress. I'm a diabetic, and I doubt that one meal will kill you. Do you feel like taking some exercise? Go for a walk. And don't do it again. LOL