C25K week 7

Options
13»

Replies

• ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    C25K Week 7 COMPLETE!!

Yay!
    I really didn't want to get out and run this AM.
    What is worse is that my daughter ( who runs with me ) didn't want to run this AM either.
    That is never good b/c we usually encourage eachother on our weaker days...lol.
    Time to pull up the big girl panties and just do it.
    So, layering up, out the door we went. It was 36 degrees but otherwise a gorgeous morning.
    Supposed to rain this weekend so it was now or never in my mind b/c I would MUCH rather spend my rest days on the weekend if its going to be rainy and cold and not out there running.

We stretched and warmed up.
    Did our 10 min warm up run.
    Walked our uphill 10 mins.
    Took off running and ran nonstop for 30 min again. There were a couple times my mind tried to convince me to just do the 25min that was necessary but my feet kept on going.
    I knew I had done it on Wed. so I knew I could do it again today.
    I pushed myself to do it just a little faster too.

All in all - I am happy to have it done and I feel successful and not like Wed.'s 30 min was a fluke or anything. I proved to myself that I could do it 2x.
    YAY!

Keep pushing forward...we are DOING IT!!:flowerforyou:
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    Well, I am happy to announce that I think I have found a solution to my problem. Turns out my new job has a fitness center right on the premises. It's nothing fancy, but it has treadmills. I was told that the treadmills are okay for walking on, but not running. Needing to find out for myself I took a little trip down there at lunch today and tried out a treadmill... it is perfectly fine for running! So, I believe I will be able to squeeze my runs in after work. In the comfort and safety of my job. I am thrilled!! (mostly because I can sleep in in the mornings, tee hee!!!)
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well, I am happy to announce that I think I have found a solution to my problem. Turns out my new job has a fitness center right on the premises. It's nothing fancy, but it has treadmills. I was told that the treadmills are okay for walking on, but not running. Needing to find out for myself I took a little trip down there at lunch today and tried out a treadmill... it is perfectly fine for running! So, I believe I will be able to squeeze my runs in after work. In the comfort and safety of my job. I am thrilled!! (mostly because I can sleep in in the mornings, tee hee!!!)

That is great news!!!

I'll see all of you on Week 8!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hello? Is there a week 8?
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options

That is terrific news!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Week 8's thread is at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/402548-c25k-challenge-week-8

Good luck!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options

You are the BEST, Russell!!
    Thanks for doing this