Partner thinks I have a problem!

Options
2»

Replies

• littlewrists
    Options
    It's not really a fine line. People who have never experienced an eating disorder think it's a fine line but it's actually a chasm. Chances are, if you think you're unwell, you're fine.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well really if you were over weight than you have or had an eating disorder to. Just not the same as mine..I didnt eat any....Is it controlling your life?In a bad harmful way. How are you losing weight..is it in a healthy way? Are you taking pi;;s, starving yourself, exercising for hours upon hours, throwing up after you eat, eating a large amount of food and then purging of some sort? Or are you trying to lose in a good way in which you MUST be mindful of what you are eating and how much. There is much more to having an ed check out go fishy website if you want..I dont think you do from what you have said in the post unless there is more.but self awareness is a good thing
  • stix_n_stones
    Options
    There is some excellent advice on here. From people who have EDs, anything that is normal for a non-disordered person is fine. Like looking at nutritional content, saying no to cake, exercising regularly. Those are fine things, they are great for someone who doesn't have disordered eating. If you are doing the above things and more because you are terrified of weight gain, you need to control something in your life, you feel this is the only way you can make people care about you, I think that is stepping into dangerous waters. Everyone's ideas and advice are their own and it is fine. But you do have decide for yourself your motivation for losing weight, not your partner.