• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Nutella is very high in Sugar, it's like eating frosting

YUM FROSTING... :devil:
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Me, too. Could eat the entire jar in a day!
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Strong thread. It is meaningless to consider one single type of food as healthy or unhealthy outside the context of the whole diet.

Totally agree with this!

I still say PB&CO dark choc > nutella

I tried the PB&Co Dark Choc and it just wasn't the same! On the upside, though, it definitely didn't have the same trigger effect that Nutella has on me, haha.
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I can't buy Nutella. I'd eat the whole darn jar.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella - grew up on it way before it was ever here in the States. My mother used to smuggle it back from Italy when we went in the summer.

Now, I still love Nutella, but I use "Rawtella" or "la Nouba" chocolate hazelnut spreads - much HEALTHIER.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Natural or PB2 (www.bellplantation.com)
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I make my own "nutella".... all you need to do is roast 2 cups (9 oz. on the food scale) of hazelnuts and put them in a blender/food processor with 3 1/2 tbs. unsweetned cocoa powder and stevia to taste (I have used agave and it's worked well too) - blend away and keep it in the fridge!!! :)

I LOVE "nutella"... but I love peanut butter. Pretty much I love ALL nut butters
  • Cherisehirz
    Options
    Nutella is loaded with sugar!!! Stay far away from it! It is promoted as "healthy", but really it is frosting in a can!!! :devil: Stick with your natural peanut butter! If you want a switch there are other yummy nut butters, like almond, cashew, sunflower, etc.... :wink:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i just don't see why it's advertised as a healthy start to the morning if it's really not healthy? the commercials make it sound so nutritious... skim milk, hazelnuts and cocoa.....
    i do love the stuff and like someone else mentioned, a little goes a long way... if you use too much it's just too much sweetness, thick, etc... i would buy and use when you get tired of PB and use in moderation!

where do you get pb2 from? i have never seen the stuff here where i am from in canada ....
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    oh and FYI the original Nutella from Italy which they still make has way less sugar than the one sold in the US. Figures they add more sugar to the American version because that's what kind of culture we live in!