Why "MyFitness Pal"

13»

Replies

• 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    I agree with this!:flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I like tracking my food and exercise and this is a great tool that I can use anywhere.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    i love it because of my awesome friends i have made here who i can support, and who support me.

i love it because it is a good distraction from food, although addictive.

i love it because i have lost weight with it. :smile:
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Its different because you have the same types of people on the same boat that you are..We are all different but we have 1 thing in common. We are trying to better ourselves, for whatever reason..You will recieve support and encouragement from the friends you pick. it keeps track for you, you just input the info. Its an awsome site if your trying to lose 10 pounds or 110 pounds.. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.. I hope you reach your goal
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    I love that I can eat whatever I want as long as I'm mindful of how it adds up. No one is telling me 'don't eat this' or 'don't eat that', but logging my foods has motivated me to improve my choices anyway, w/o any program rules telling me I have to do it like its a homework assignment. LOL. Plus it works. If you put in all your info correctly and do what MFP suggests, you get results w/o starving yourself or feeling limited in what you're allowed to do.
    ^^^^^ This

I totally agree and that's why I love this site. It is also great for maintaining your weight loss, which is what I am doing now.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    we could all go on and on, but just look at the tickers: the proof is in the numbers.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV see?
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Well I am new and love this place for all the reasons already mentioned (real food, support, friends, etc).

I also love the fact that if at lunch I mess up and have a Big Mac, no one is telling me how I'm sabotaging myself and making me feel horrible about it! I just eat a lower calorie dinner and get some extra exercise in and I'm good to go...still right on track!

It's simple math...burn more than you take in, and try to keep your intake around the daily nutrient values!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    I'm not a believer in doing something short-term. I have friends who do shakes, or eat grapefruit instead of food, and I just wonder-- are they going to replace food with this stuff forever? No thanks, I think that's kind of silly.

I downloaded the droid app to keep track of what I'm eating, and how much I'm working out, as well as any WL progress. I used it for a while like that, now I use the app as well as the boards. The boards are great for info, though you have to cycle through a lot of blathering and bullying and other nonsense.

In a nutshell, it works, short-term and long.