What is your go to snack

that includes protien?

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 584 Member
    nuts
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Greek yogurt has always been my go to protein snack... I usually eat after morning workouts.
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    lean deli meats and light laughing cow cheese wedges

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    yogurt... or fiber one 90cal brownies (so bad I know)
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    light yogurt or mixed nuts

811442.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Serving of nuts, string cheese and grapes. SO good!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Nuts are good and all but they just pile on calories far too fast, its unfortunate.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I just ate a can of salmon mixed in tzatziki sauce. Really good, 210 calories, 40g protein.
  • killagb
    Nuts are good and all but they just pile on calories far too fast, its unfortunate.
    Yeah, the protein to calorie ratio is not the best on nuts. They are a better go-to for a source of fat.
  • Yoplait or a protein shake.
  • Dried squid strips. Lots of protein and you can chew on it for awhile.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I just ate a can of salmon mixed in tzatziki sauce. Really good, 210 calories, 40g protein.

My god that sounds interesting. Srs.

I'm trying to imagine what that tastes like. I've had both separately but I only put tzatziki on gyros (which I eat regularly).
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Roasted chickpeas! crunchy and satisfying!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
  • yogurt
  • killagb

My god that sounds interesting. Srs.

I'm trying to imagine what that tastes like. I've had both separately but I only put tzatziki on gyros (which I eat regularly).
    It's pretty damn good. I put pepper on too. It's good that way for a sandwich too, like on tuna too. I got the tzatziki and salmon in a can from Trader Joe's, personally. Easy and great protein.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Dry roasted almonds. It has the protein, healthy fats, and fiber that I need to hold me over if I have to work a long shift and cant sit down for a meal. Is very satisfying for me.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Raw, unsalted cashews are good but a bit expensive. Also I like the Planters Nut-trition line of nut mixes.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    apple or banana with pb OR edamame :D
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Seconding string cheese, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese (add cinnamon as a blood sugar leveler); also mini Clif bars (100 cals), sliced chicken, and crustless spinach quiche (made with ricotta).