OMG MICE!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Again thanks for all the advice. i certainly won't and was not planning on using poison #1 because I have two Shelties and #2 because I don't want the chance that a mouse will die in my walls or ceilings. As of this morning the little buggers have stolen the PB 3 nights in a row and not set off the traps. Methinks I'm just going to have to go make the executive decision to call a professional. I really a have no clue WHERE these little stinkers are getting in (the crawl space is huge and I'm not going in there). I know of two spots where I can definitely put the steel wool, so will get some today and have at it!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    tell your husband to get over it. We have two indoor/outdoor cats. No bugs, no mice. Last night my 13 yr old cat brought me a copperhead snake she killed last night. Cats rule!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    PEPPERMINT EXTRACT or reg. mint extract. It may take a few days but it will help out. Put out bottle caps with some extract in your house. They don't like the smell of the mint. Next year plant mint around the base or your house.

WE had 1 in our house one year. I ran and bought glue boards and we caught it and then I put out my lids. Never had another one. I put a cap in each window in teh basement and by the door.

Also try to seal up the house. Look for cracks.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh and I had a friend who lived by an area where they did bridge work and they distrubed the mice and they came to her house. She was catching a bunch. We found this and she did it and went from catching 10 a day to 1 or less. So i know it works.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    tell your husband to get over it. We have two indoor/outdoor cats. No bugs, no mice. Last night my 13 yr old cat brought me a copperhead snake she killed last night. Cats rule!

does not always work, i have two cats that would not catch a mouse if it sat on their head, now the yorkies on the other hand
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

first of not all cats are micers, i have two cats that would not catch a mouse sitting on their heads.

second sure lets bring a cat or cats into the house with someone who does not like cats , yes that would be the responsible thing to do.
    because that always works out well
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My mum found one in our kitchen cupboard on Saturday - horrible wee things!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Be careful if you use poison...if they die in your walls, it creates quite a stink. Also, If your dogs get a hold of them and eat one that is poisoned or eats the poison...very bad. See if you can borrow a cat from someone, even if its a lazy cat. A lot of times, just the smell of the cat will drive the mice away. We had a huge mouse problem, I mean to the point my dad was setting up bait traps and sniping them at night with a BB gun. The only thing that worked was when we took in a cat, within a month all the mice were gone! but she was a hunter and took out a good number of them :)