Does Anyone Get Annoyed...

Options
Does anyone get annoyed when you see really skinny people on here?

I am NOT talking about people that are completing their weight loss journey (kudos to you!).

I am NOT talking about people that are recovering from eating disorders (good on you for getting help!).

I am NOT talking about people who are just looking to maintain their current healthy weight.

I am talking about people who are slim, always been slim, SERIOUSLY don't need to lose a pound or worry about maintaining weight and yet they are still on here, complaining about not being able to lose 5kgs. Especially when losing another 5kgs would put them even further into the underweight range.

ARRRGH!

/end rant

Replies

• greeeek
    greeeek Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not annoyed by them, just insanely jealous! We all have our insecurities.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not trying to deny I'm jealous! Although it does annoy me that these women are so close to making themselves sick, especially because most of them don't grasp the seriousness of being dangerously underweight.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt say annoyed, rather worried. If you are small or petite and feel the need to loose more weight it makes me think you may have a body issue or a mental insecurity. I hope that anyone who is going thru any issues or insecurities recieved the help they need. Having a nice body doesnt make you beautiful you make your self beautiful by the things you do and say. well good karma to you all!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Not really, because it isn't up to me to decide what anyone else should look like or feel like.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    No. This is my FITNESS pal. Not necessarily only weightloss.
  • Dexy_
    Options
    Okay point proven, no one else doesn't like seeing underweight people complaining about being overweight. :)
  • Dexy_
    Options

So being dangerously underweight and wanting to lose more weight is part of "fitness" now?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    And we know they been skinny all their lives how?

The site is for fitness, to gain and lose weight right?

A lot of people track their fitness on here so of they are fit more power to them!!!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed by judgmental folks. >.> Just cause someone is skinny and always has been surely doesn't mean they are healthy.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

So being dangerously underweight and wanting to lose more weight is part of "fitness" now?

i'm fairly certain this is not what she said...at all.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm saddened by the women that are Pro-Ana on here...but that's about it. :(
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    I do get annoyed at them because I know just how hard I have to work to lose anything at all. Now, I have gotten my fiance on MFP, he is 6'3 and weighs in at 155 right after eating a big meal, soaking wet, and clothed. I got him on here because he was just diagnosed at hypoglycemic and needs to keep an eye on what/when he eats. But his sister is the exact same body type and it just makes me irritated that no matter what I do, I will NEVER be that skinny
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    No. I don't see the point in being jealous because someone is in better shape than I am. I don't know their story, it may be terrible. Not everything is perfect just because the outer packaging is immaculate.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Okay point proven, no one else doesn't like seeing underweight people complaining about being overweight. :)
    That wasn't your initial question.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    There are many people on here who are either already suffering from an eating disorder or dangerously close to developing one. Body dis-morphia also seems quite prevalent. But if they want to starve themselves, that is entirely up to them, I just choose to ignore them.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am not annoyed because I am here to do my thing, and encourage the people I choose to have on my friends list. People can do whatever they want.
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You get that in everyday life not just on here and yes it annoys me, some little size 8 whinging about how fat her thighs are, BUT that person obviously has some self image issues and like another poster said this is My Fitness Pal and I would hope that we can all learn about wellbeing and health and be positivly influenced.
    I know that in the past I have been very judgemental of people and that is my problem not theirs but I'm working on that, then I can't get annoyed about things that shouldn't concern me and be supportive instead!
    If someone is not happy in their own skin and they come here to change that I would hope that they can find positive support if it's someone wanting to lose 5kg or 150kgs. :flowerforyou:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Worried, Sad, frustrated,

That they are wasting time and energy obsessing over a losing couple of pounds which would endanger their health.

Instead of using that energy loving themselves and living a fabulous life doing fabulous things, learning fabulous things,and just being fabulous.

Your body should be SUBJECT not OBJECT.

Your value is NOT as ornament or status object...
    If you happen to look great what a wonderful bonus, but your body is a vehicle that has to get you through the rest of your life (no trade-ins). You to take care of yourself so you can have a strong body so that you will be CAPABLE and able to DO everything that you want it to DO whether... Swimming, hiking, mowing the lawn, kayaking, rocking it in the sack, dancing, rock climbing, swinging your kids around, skiing, scuba diving, bicycling, climb trees.... whatever you want to do.

You need a healthy body to serve you, don't be a slave to how other perceive you because you'll never meet everyone's expectations.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    No
    I don't know what their issues are or why they are on here, and it's not my place to judge.

I will say that this place has probably helped a lot of people have a lot healthier of habits, including myself.

To be "annoyed" by such a person just seems a little wrong.
    Try to remember that next time. People are on here for all sorts of reasons trying to get healthier. It doesn't always mean losing weight.