Who are you losing weight for?

Options
13»

Replies

• stevieb3052
    stevieb3052 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me, myself and any future Irene.

I was hit with a body blow when diagnosed with diabetes and high cholesterol. I don't want to medicate for the rest of my life, this site shows that it is possible to overcome this condition.

Also for my daughters, as it may be a long time before I become a grandpa..
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Myself, my future boyfriend/husband, strangers/friends.

I feel like if I can achieve the appearance I like, I will be happier around him ^.^y

How I act is very much related to how I look. If I look good, I will feel more cheerful. If I look bad, I will feel grumpy and depressed.

When I am overweight, I look more human. As I lose weight, I look more inanimate. I know it sounds messed up, but I feel looking more like an object helps me keep my emotions in check, and I also feel a bit more like I am living in a videogame world, rather than in real life (and I often make clearer, more direct-success actions in videogames).

If I exude confidence and happiness, I will attract much better things into my life...and ultimately, I want a happy life. I feel happiest when I am thinner. I care what most people think because they also help to determine my future and the ease of finding happiness~^.^
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for me....I want to feel good and comfortable in my clothes again, without the waistbands digging into me. I also have a bunch of clothes desperate to see the light of day again. My husband accepts me for who I am and if I complain about my 'jelly belly' reminds me that without that, we wouldn't have our 2 beautiful children, but at the same time, he has recently gained muscles and a six-pack and next time we go on holiday I want to look fab in a bikini next to him. I want to be the one people say they wished they looked like, especially as I'm a year away from the big '40'. I want to be fit and fabulous at 40!! I also want to set a good example to my children so they grow up with a healthy attitude to food and exercise
  • marzahl68
    Options
    ME, ME, ME!
    If hubby likes what he sees, that's great! But I'm losing the weight and fully intend to keep it off FOR ME!!!!!!!!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Me. BUT in the end "me" affects my children too. They need a healthy, happy mommy that can keep up. :) If I wasn't doing it for "me" though I would give up.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Me. I want to enjoy life to the fullest and have the stamina to conquer any health challenges that again come my way.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for me.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for my health and a future child. I want to be healthy when I get pregnant so there's no added stresses on the child. I want to give lil Roland Cthulhu the start in life he deserves!!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Me. It helps that my wife and I have embarked on this new journey together and that makes it much easier to do, plus she motivates me and hopefully I help her.
    It's about me and what I want for myself. In January I left the Endocrinologists office, Pre-diabetic, Grossly high BP (has been for 15 years) high cholesterol, no testosterone, non-functioning pituitary all from being crazy heavy. down to 1/4 of one BP meds instead of the plethora I was on and feeling like I can move again. No more pre-diabetic and lots of other great benefits from this so far. Plus Iove the folks here and feel like it has helped me renew my sense that there are still a lot of great folks out there. Support and love on this site is amazing. Good luck!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    For myself. I have too much weight for me to carry. My back hurts, my knees hurt, my ankles hurt.... I want to give ME a break. THEN I'll have the energy to be more giving of my time and talents to others. But right NOW, the answer is me. I'm trying to be good to myself by making me carry less.
    Selfish but simple....