No Sex Drive

Options
2»

Replies

• JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think it is pretty normal to go through phases like this. You are a busy lady! You go to work, school, workout! I went through that when I was in nursing school and working full time and trying to keep the house going, sometimes I was just tired and not in the mood! My trick is to do something for myself to make myself in the mood, take a hot bath, light some candles, put on something sexy... this way it was on my terms not my hubby's. Good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just due to routine, in my opinion.
    When life gets routine and boring, so does sex.

Maybe a vacay would help, even a day trip? A romp in the woods or somewhere a little more risky?

Or maybe you are just exhausted and value sleep time more than sex time, lol.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Guys don't really like to snuggle without getting it first-that's why I love my dog so much-no expectations. This is really the only thing we fight about. Unfortunately, he has a very high sex drive and mine has faded away. I'm on meds that take it away though. He still doesn't get it though, that I can't help it. Guys think that if you don't put out, you don't love them. How much more reassurring do they need? I wash his underwear and watch his various sport's highlights for God sake!:laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...EXACTLY!!! hahahahahahahahahah
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I think, personally for me it has been the BC...ortho tri cyclen lo (sp?) I mean before that, I was pretty excitable & now it's like...pft :yawn:

lol

I was on that when I was younger.. It didnt change anything..But ive been on this forever and at first I was crazy, but now, I love it. I cant see that being it all of a sudden

Yeah you're probably right... I guess each woman's makeup is different!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Maybe a vacay would help, even a day trip? A romp in the woods or somewhere a little more risky?

I really value my sleep.. Plus I have a 3.5 year old step daughter..Im just tired...
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

I totally believe it. My hubby makes me feel like it's another duty or chore.:cry: I've been on vacay, still doesn't help. I don't know what to do either. I even had my hormones tested. And I really enjoy it when we are together, I just don't want to. Best 5 min of my life actually:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding-God he'd KILL me if he knew I was saying that. It's at least 7 or 8!:laugh: jk again.:laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I tend to run either hot or cold too. :embarassed:

I think hormones play a large part in our libido. A "little" (subjective :laugh: ) red wine doesn't hurt to get me in the mood either. :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I totally believe it. My hubby makes me feel like it's another duty or chore.:cry: I've been on vacay, still doesn't help. I don't know what to do either. I even had my hormones tested. And I really enjoy it when we are together, I just don't want to. Best 5 min of my life actually:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding-God he'd KILL me if he knew I was saying that. It's at least 7 or 8!:laugh: jk again.:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: You're cracking me up.

I know there are times too after I've been at work, then came home made dinner, helped with homework, etc..that I want a little "me" time when da kid's asleep. Sex sometimes feels like another thing that has to be done. :indifferent:
  • hmo4
    Options
    My husband ALWAYS mawls me after a few beers after hockey. He stinks like a brewery, and thinks he's Don Juan. :laugh: Let me sleep. He asked me too have on some lingerie on for when he got home last night. Ummmm, no. I'm cold, tired and have no desire. I'll get the lotion.:laugh: :laugh: jk
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Thats what I told him last night. Its only been like for a week. Not too long...but he gets so upset when I tell him no! I am hoping this passes within the next week...Its just odd that I am not enjoying it when we are doing it! That has never happened before.

A week isn't that long - EVERY month I go through phases:

Week 1: Warm
    Week 2: Hot!
    Week 3: Warm
    Week 4: TOM - hands off
    Week 5: Freezing Cold - Don't Even Think About It Buddy

And the cycle repearts.
    Like clockwork - hubby jokes he can set his watch to my "womanly cycle", lol.

Maybe a little bit of info about hormones, etc. will help your BF see that it isn't YOU or HIM. It's natural to have ebbs and flows of desire.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Well I googled one time because I always get excited around that TOM and it said it was pretty normal to feel like that I guess because of the ovulation cycle?

So my week 3 can be pretty hot! lol Even tho I don't like to be messed with during that TOM lol
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So how does a Hubby help the situation.

My guess is just be patient.
    :ohwell:
  • hmo4
    Options
    Yup, but you know, I seriously wish I could get "it" back.:cry: It does bother me to feel this way, cause I love him and he's like my bestfriend. Well, kinda. My bff is a girl, and we're not attracted to each other.. How do we get it back. I'm afraid it's gone forever...:sad: :cry:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have work, homework, school, training. I'm just tired and stressed. When I finally fall into bed it's to sleep, not play. :ohwell: I think it's also related to my pill, which is sort of odd because I had more of a libido when I was on a higher dose. I haven't ovulated in a looooooooooong time. That may also play a role.