My bodybugg results

Options
I got my Bodybugg a few days ago. Here is how the results look like for the last three days.

Bsokd.jpg

Q9YKf.jpg

Nlg0Q.jpg

Replies

• mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have the body media arm band...I love it!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    love the charts, great info...great job creating a calorie deficit.

keep up the good work.

:smile:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I wish I could afford a bodybugg! Do you enter in your foods consumed?
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I wish I could afford a bodybugg! Do you enter in your foods consumed?
    I log food on MFP and at the end of the day I custom create a food log on the bodybugg site. I have a digital display with me so I can keep an eye on how much I burned and eat accordingly. I have been eating 500 calories more than usual the last three days. It keeps my energy level up to eat as I burn. It is expensive. I had gone very long time before getting it.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    that's so cool. I'm fascinated with these things, can ya tell? haha
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I got my body media arm band off of eBay for $100, same idea as body bug
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting the graphics - looks like a cool gadget.
  • katydunham
    katydunham Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is it worth the price? I have heard really great things about it, but I am hesitant because of the price.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    For me it's worth it because I like to eat. Now I can justify why I need to eat because I am very active :). It's also good that I did not try to continue low calories for longer time to slow down my metabolism. My body is smart, so it did make me eat up the extra calories I lacked so that was good. You can see what type of metabolism you have on the bodybugg because it registers your bure when you are sleeping. I burn 1.2 calories a minute which is high for people my size- average is 0.9-1.0 cals/minute. Also it tells me which exercises are worth the effort for me and which isn't. You get higher burns for certain exercises than others even if you are putting in the same effort. It shows slower burn if I have been trying to push myself for too long a duration. After I rest it gives me higher burns. It also hates that I sit :). I burn only 1 cals/ minute sitting compared to 1.2 cals/minute sleeping. If I am sitting with eyes closed I get 1.2 again. I have a digital display which shows me real time burn and averages so I have been observing all sorts of situations the last four days.

Here is another day
    O7BIk.jpg
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Yesterday. Non work day. Did a bit of shopping and ran-jogged-walked for an hour later in the evening.
    U4EtN.jpg

Because I wasn't at work yesterday and wasn't afraid of fainting from undernourishment I could eat a bit less. The calories deficit is high but I am going to use it up for a pizza treat tonight.
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow, I really want one of these now... if you don't mind me asking, did you buy it online or at a bricks and mortar store? Also, roughly what price range was it in?
  • inspiration345
    Options
    I live in Sweden and Bodybugg doesn't ship international. I got mine from ebay from people that were kind enough to ship international. I paid 208 dollars for mine with a digital display and 1 year subscription. The digital display is awesome because it tells you how you are doing throughout the day. Without a display it's for 175ish. Also you can buy used ones from e-bay upto 6 months old. Make sure to buy V3.They are smaller than the other versions. You can also buy bodymedia fit- it tracks how you sleep. If you buy new chances to sell them within 6 months is very high if you think you have collected enough info of your burn and have very identical days.
  • hellyarms
    Options
    Wow this is awesome!! Thanks for sharing that, I am getting my BB soon and can't wait!! I'm excited to see what I burn on an average day so that I can more accurately budget my calories, especially on big workout days.

Awesome!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That is so neat. I really want one of these...someday, maybe.
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome results! For those with the BodyBugg or Body Media - I don't have issues with the upfront cost, but what about the monthly subscription fee? I've read that it's necessary for it to work and if I'm going to spend $100-150 on a product I don't want to also pay a monthly fee for the rest of my life... (I mean who does really!) So, what are your thoughts/info for those who have one?
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    HI

I have a Ki Fit (UK version of the Bodybugg) and love it have been using it about 3 weeks and really keeps me on track and keen to keep beating my personal best

Lucy
  • inspiration345
    Options
    @ gdb86:Most likely you will collect enough information in 6 months to not need more feedback, and if you in the future regain weight you can buy one month subscription to see how things are going. People on e-bay also sell subscriptions for much cheaper than the website. Or you can also sell your bodybugg/bodymedia fit after 6 months.
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    wow....it does look well worth the $$.

inspiration345 : What types of workouts do you normal do?
    I wonder sometimes if what I do is worth it in the long run, since havent seen any major changes in a while. I am trying to mix up workouts to see which is effective.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    For those looking to get one, 24 hour fitness has a killer sale here: http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/search.php?subcat=23

It's the V3 with a 12 month subscription included. Now it doesn't sync with a smartphone/iphone, but that model is much more expensive. With coupon code AFP5024 it'll give you an extra 15% off and free shipping (and they don't charge tax!). My out the door total was $126.99.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    wow....it does look well worth the $$.

What types of workouts do you normal do?
    I wonder sometimes if what I do is worth it in the long run, since havent seen any major changes in a while. I am trying to mix up workouts to see which is effective.

The very high burns are from my work days. I am a nurse to just one person and all I have to do is take care of her and some house chores. Not much but apparently it's still a lot. I walk and bicycle a lot. On work out days I do exercise videos of different kinds. I get bored easily or I go out for a run. Haven't started on weights yet because I am now saving up for weights to do at home :).