Replies

• RachelRunner78
    RachelRunner78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I love my bodybugg!!
  • aldroe
    aldroe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing weighloss as well? I have read some many people that say they think the counters are not accurate. If you are seeing loss, that is great! I am debating between the Body bugg one, or the fitbit, OR the new one called UP. cant decide but i do want one of them !!!
    Andrea
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    wow....it does look well worth the $$.

What types of workouts do you normal do?
    I wonder sometimes if what I do is worth it in the long run, since havent seen any major changes in a while. I am trying to mix up workouts to see which is effective.

The very high burns are from my work days. I am a nurse to just one person and all I have to do is take care of her and some house chores. Not much but apparently it's still a lot. I walk and bicycle a lot. On work out days I do exercise videos of different kinds. I get bored easily or I go out for a run. Haven't started on weights yet because I am now saving up for weights to do at home :).

thats nuts you burn that high on a day you work! sadly I sit at a desk on my butt all day at work...so that wont change anytime soon!!
    Im going to look into the bodybugg thanks SO MUCH for sharing the results! I had no idea what it was really all about.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing weighloss as well? I have read some many people that say they think the counters are not accurate. If you are seeing loss, that is great! I am debating between the Body bugg one, or the fitbit, OR the new one called UP. cant decide but i do want one of them !!!
    Andrea
    Sure I think I have lost some weight (2 pounds since the day I got my bodybugg, but I guess I was bloated that day) but since I have only had it for 5 days now I am gonna give it a week to do an official weigh in. I will post results as weeks pass by.
  • kaspily
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Does anyone know if these devices work to track exercise calories spent while bike riding? Or does it work more like a pedometer and works better for running/walking?

Thanks!
  • jem728
    jem728 Posts: 88
    Options
    I just ordered a body media fit off of ebay a few days ago. I should be getting it some time this week.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Does anyone know if these devices work to track exercise calories spent while bike riding? Or does it work more like a pedometer and works better for running/walking?

Thanks!
    It tracks bike riding fine. They fixed the problem it had with bike riding with the Version 3. Now it has 4 sensors instead of 3. Some people recommend using it on back of calf for stationary biking and elliptical. When I used it on back of calf on stationary bike it gave me similar burn as the machine says, but we all know that the exercise machine numbers are not accurate. You can also decide not to wear it for stationary exercise machine exercises and manually log in that work out. The bugg has to be off body for at least 30 minutes to be able to log in manually.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    I just ordered a body media fit off of ebay a few days ago. I should be getting it some time this week.
    Congratulations. It will exciting when you will get it. I think it does encourage me to move more so maybe 30% more burn as they promise.
    Using MFP 30% more loss
    Using Bodymedia products 30% more loss
    Using Shirataki noodles 30% more loss :) 90% extra loss.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!!!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Love bodybugg!!
  • inspiration345
    Options
    A non work day. Did house cleaning, walk to and back from groccery shop 15 mins each way and 30 mins of low impact workout videos.
    L8Ahk.jpg
  • Korrinn
    Options
    Just a note to people thinking about buying one, go for the BodyMedia Fit. Its the exact same device without the Biggest Loser branding and so its usually atou 50 bucks cheaper. If you look at the actual device, the BodyBugg actually says BodyMedia on it!

I love mine. And the people asking about how well it calculates biking, it does it pretty well. It doesn't solely rely on movement (like a pedometer or the FItbit). It also calculates your skin temperature and conductivity to measure how much you're sweating and temperature. Putting it somewhere that isn't your arm can mess with the results.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Yesterday. Another work day. I work 12 hours but also have 3 hours of commute where I cycle 10-15 mins, take train for 40 mins and walk 20-25 mins each way. I have been doing this for the last three months to get some exercise in on work days.
    Zwask.jpg
  • inspiration345
    Options
    A week has passed and here are my results. I weighed 150 lbs the day I got my bodybugg. I was bloated and today I weigh 147.8lbs and I am still bloated from eating pizza that last two days. I am very glad to see weight loss on high calorie diet so I am going to keep eating just as much. I also lost 2 cms off my tummy and 2 cms off my hips. All other measurements were the same as a week before. I guess I am one of those that needs to eat a lot to lose weight. I am also a muscular person because my job requires physical strength. All good here. Oh, I am not overweight by BMI anymore and I have lost 8 lbs since I started MFP on 2nd September this year.
    5q0so.jpg
  • grasshopper7780
    Options
    This is great, thanks for sharing. I really want one, have for years. May have to be a Xmas present to myself.
  • aldroe
    aldroe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok, i just ordered one yesterday and am anxious to get it and try! should help this month with all the temptations around!
  • hibiscus89
    hibiscus89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Here is a three weeks update. The first week I lost 2.6 pounds- next week gained 2 pounds and third week lost 1.4 pounds. Body weight fluctuate for many reasons. Here is a summery of my last 3 weeks. The first one is based on how many calories I recorded that I consumed and the second one is based on how many calories the bodybugg thinks I must have consumed in the three weeks according to the change in my body weight. I weigh everything before I eat. It's hard to believe that I must be underestimating-maybe I will see a drop in body weight next week to make more sense out of the results.
    EOBha.png
    VAKnj.jpg
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Ok, i just ordered one yesterday and am anxious to get it and try! should help this month with all the temptations around!
    Nice. Good luck with it. Let me know if you have any questions or trouble with the bodybugg after you get it. I think by now I have it nicely figured out. The bodybugg is a very good motivator to make people burn more calories.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump