What it would be like to hit my goal 135...

Options
13»

Replies

• tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It only seems low because two-thirds of America is overweight! People who say that are the same people who think having a few extra pounds is good because if you ever get sick you wouldn't want to loose too much weight! No lie, I actually had a woman say that to me...."don't want to be skinny, not good if you get sick!"
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm just 5'2" and my goal is 127. No one''s told me that's too unambitious of a goal, but I don't really discuss my goals with people. I can't imagine I would care much what they said in any case...I'm doing this for myself, not them.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I am 5'7.5". My original goal was 145, then changed to 140, then changed to 134. I have reached all of my goals and I think that I may lose some more. If my body wants to lose more fat, then I am not arguing with it! I work out regularly and I have lost more than 34lbs overall (8lbs with MFP) in the last three years. I have gained a ton of muscle and lost even more fat! I am not going to be concerned with my number any more. And I think the advice about not sharing with others about the goal weight is a good idea. It may seem like a low weight to some people, but it may be because they feel bad about the weight that they weigh now.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When I originally lost weight, I really didn't have a "goal" so to speak.....I was losing as my doctor and I were trying to avoid me having to use medicine for adult onset diabetes.
    My lowest weight was 127, and in all honesty, for me, at 5'6", it was probably too low. Over the course of the last two years, I've gained back about 15 pounds, and now, my goal is to range between 133-138. I'm was 142 this AM, but know that my weight is always heavier on Monday than the rest of the week, especially if my daughter is home from college over the weekend or I've been out of town.
    I think for most women, 135 at 5'5" is a perfectly reasonable and healthy weight.
    Kaye
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I weigh 131 pounds. My goal was 125. That is not unobtainable nor unreasonable for you height. Although my personal trainer told me I don't need to lose anymore weight. I have 13.8% body fat. SO I'm doing strength training to tighten and build muscle.