42.5 Pounds Lost for the 2011 Marine Corps Birthday Ball :)

Options
Read my blog here: http://www.transformingabetterme.blogspot.com

PLEASE leave a comment when you request to be my friend. I’m just trying to keep my friends list manageable. Thanks for your understanding :)

Last night I met my very first big goal. When I began MFP 8 ½ months ago, I wanted to be able to wear a nice gown the 2011 United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball. My husband and I have been going to the ball now for years, but I haven’t really been able to wear a nice gown for many years because I’ve carried around so much excess weight. When you carry around too much weight, nothing fits you right. Nothing looks good on you, and no matter how much you primp in the mirror with make-up, new hair styles, or try to cover your “bulges” with a girdle, you just can’t make yourself look nice. That’s what it took for me. It took me coming to that realization (and my being frustrated every time I walked into a dressing room) to decide to make a change to get healthy again. I’m so happy I did!

It has been very simple, but not easy. It’s hard work to exercise, but IT’S WORTH IT!!! Lately, for about the last couple of months to be exact, I’ve been on a plateau. It’s been difficult to get off of. I’ve struggled through a foot injury the entire 8 ½ months, and a back injury for the last month. I’ve significantly had to reduce the intensity of my workouts, but you’ll have setbacks too. Just talk with your doctor if you have an injury and do what you can to keep on track. Just stay on track…you’ll make it through it too. I didn’t reach my goal weight that I set for myself back at the beginning for birthday ball, but I never gave up or quit. In order to get off this plateau, I've started a new exercise program to confuse my body. I've begun Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Biggest Loser Boot Camp. Between that and calorie zig zagging, I’m hoping that will do the trick. So far, my weight has started to go back down. I hope it will continue. I'm proud of how hard I've worked, my determination to get here and my refusal to throw in the towel when times were tough. I could not have said the same thing this time last year. I've come and long way baby and I've still got a little ways to go, but, "I'M GONNA GET THERE!" YOU CAN TOO!!!!

In 8 ½ months here’s the stats on my losses…

42.5 Pounds Lost, 10% Body Fat Lost, and 5.9 BMI Lost. I went from being considered “Overweight” to “Healthy.”

Measurement Lost Update:

Neck: -1.5”

Waist: -8.80”

Hips: -7.20”

Arm: -3.0”

Thighs: -10.00” (L & R thigh combined)

Bust: -7.05”

Calves: -1.5”

074-1-2.jpg

326-1-1-1.jpg

353-1.jpg

032.jpg

032-1-2.jpg

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I just saw your blog post. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a babe.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Your two different dresses say so much!! Congrats, you look amazing!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and what a gorgeous couple you two make!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! You must have felt fantastic!
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OMG., you are STUNNING!! Your husband should really consider contracting Secret Service for his HOT Wife, just as a precaution :) Great JOb!!
  • kcodding
    kcodding Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you look great! Inspiring.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are jaw-dropping gorgeous! WOW!!! Your husband must be so proud to have you on his arm!!! Good for you!!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    that dress, that hair - way to do the goddess look! You two are a very gorgeous couple.

GG
  • kamcclary
    kamcclary Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a former Marine myself, congratulations to you! You look wonderful and gave me inspiration to get up, use this application and get it done!
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!! Looking so gorgeous in that blue dress. Sweeeeettt!!! Oh so sweet! I feel so inspired today! thanks for sharing!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! All the hard work paid off!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful...and confident! Way to go!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Not only do you look amazing weight-wise, you also look a good 5 to 10 years younger! Amazing transformation. Congratulations!
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! I mean really WOW!

Great job!!!
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You're smokin' HOT! Fan-friggin-tastic work!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Such great work! Well done!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Great work. Im sure your husband is very impressed too
  • zumbasalsera
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB!! CONGRATS TO YOU!!!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    such a difference
    you're glowing!! :) xxxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!