STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) FINAL WEEK

Options

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    It's o.k life happens. At least you posted it!

QOTD 11-15

What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?

I haven't reached my weight loss goal of 205 but I am only like 3 pounds off. I haven't reached it but I have gotten so many NSVs the scale doesn't even matter as much. And the way I feel is a better payoff as well.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    QOTD 11-15 What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?
    My goal was to get under 150 ( i have been going up and down 5 pounds). No I don't feel I got there at all. This last 10 pounds has been rediculous to lose. Today I decided to take it back to basics and really try to keep my calories around 1200 and do what I can to work out again doing something that doesn't cause pain. But I have loved the interaction of the teams and having a partner.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    QOTD 11-15 What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?
    My goal was to get under 150 ( i have been going up and down 5 pounds). No I don't feel I got there at all. This last 10 pounds has been rediculous to lose. Today I decided to take it back to basics and really try to keep my calories around 1200 and do what I can to work out again doing something that doesn't cause pain. But I have loved the interaction of the teams and having a partner.

what have you been doing lately?
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    QOTD 11-15

What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?

No I didn't reach my weight loss goal. But I have done the following since starting:

1. Lost 6#
    2. Lost 3" @ waist
    3. Nearly doubled excercise
    4. Increased strength and endurance
    5. Consumed a minimum of 8 glasses of water all but 4 days in the 9 weeks.
    6. Logged my food all days but 2 when I had no access.
    7. Started training for a 5K.
    8. Made some new and very cool friends.

I see that as a success. Sure I wish I had lost 14 or 15#. The reality for me is this is progress:)
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    QOTD 11-15: What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?

I didn't lose what I wished, but I have made SO much progress internally and how I react towards food. I feel like I am the one in control. It's fantastic! Like my awesome partner Clifford2010 said "I see that as a success."

I am SO bummed this is coming to an end. I hope that we can all keep communicating. It's made such a difference for me!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I am not sure if I ever actually stated a weight loss goal for this challenge, but if I had, it would have been between 13.5 and 18.0 pounds (1.5 to 2.0 pounds per week). As of today, I weighed 193.0, down from 210.0 -- a total of 17.0 lbs. lost!!! I am definitely happy with my progress and hope I continue to lose at this rate.

I often have to look back at the last month or two and how much I have lost in that time frame to remind myself that I am losing at a nice and steady pace. I have been frustrated over the last 3 to 4 weeks because I have been in an up and down cycle (I have lost less than 3.0 lbs in the last 4 weeks, going up and down and up and down...). However, now looking at how much I have lost in 9 weeks, I am much more satisfied with my rate of loss.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

My goal was 10-15 lbs. No not yet but I will soon:wink:

Thanks ladies for the words of enouragement :flowerforyou:
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    QOTD 11-15: What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?

My goal was -20 pounds in the 9 weeks. Didn't happen, not even close. Unfortunately I lost my fire somewhere in the middle :( I do however, feel liked a gained a fantastic group of supporters who will be with me through the rest of this journey. Hopefully we will stick together and continue to offer the support we have been giving. I am hoping my positive attitude is here to stay!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    QOTD: 11/14/11
    How do you feel now that you are losing those unwanted pounds? How is the weight loss changing your life?

This is an interesting question. I thought that I would be excited to lose the weight, but the more I lose, the more I realize that I still have to go. I thought that my goal of 160 was a really good one, because it is the smallest I have been as an adult (and I was never really a big person). But, the closer I get to that goal, the more I think that I still have a long way to go. It is very frustrating. I am not sure if I am just being overly critical because everyone around me is petite and I am not, but I definitely feel worse about myself some days. Today is one of those days. :( And eating out all week because I am in Singapore definitlely is not helping with these feelings, nor are all the mirrors in my hotel room. I am sure that I am just being critical because I haven't been able to work out since I got here, but feeling pretty crappy today. :( I hope you are al having a better day than I am.
  • NaomiLyn15
    Options

I have to say that I am seriously bummed that this challenge is almost over. This has definitely been the best challenge I have been a part of. You ladies are all amazing and I am so happy to be going through this journey with you. I hope we can get another challenge going that is so organized and intensive. Great work!

My goal for this challenge was to lose the last bit I had to go to get to my goal weight. I have not achieved it yet. I feel like these last 5 lbs are holding on for dear life. They just don't want to leave. But, I have definitely lost inches all over, and that makes all the hard work worth it. I recently got into an old pair of capri jeans that I loved and was so excited. They were tight, but not too tight to wear with a loose shirt. Well, yesterday I put them on here in Singapore, and guess what?!?!?! They were a bit to loose. I have finally lost inches in my waist. It waited until the very end, but it is coming off now. I am much more comfortable in my skin. So, although I haven't quite reached my goal, I have come so far, and with three weeks until my cruise I still may be able to do it!!! Thank you all so much for the motivation along the way. And I will continue to work to lose a bit more before the last weigh in. I should finally get a chance to go to the gym at the hotel tonight. This time difference is brutal (16 hours is absolutely crazy) but feeling a bit more like myself today after a good night sleep. Hoping it will be even better after some gym time tonight. :)
  • luvmybee
    luvmybee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm sorry that I have been missing from the QOTD thread. I'm at a really hard time in my life and it's been hard for me to focus on this. I'm so sorry :(

But I don't want to let you down by not posting a question, so here it is:

Wednesday Nov. 16 QOTD: Do you drink caffeinated beverages? Why or why not? Do you feel like it helps or hinders your weight loss or neither?

Mini challenge: 100 jumping jacks

I do drink coffee. It is the only thing that really helps to wake me up. Being on an antidepressant makes me very fatigued. However, the caffeine can make me shaky and sometimes feel even more hungry. I'd like to stop the caffeine (gradually) someday, but now is not the time for that! Besides, it is such a treat in the morning. Right now it isn't helping or hindering my weight loss, but if I drank too much, I'm sure it would hinder it somehow.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options
    QOTD 11-15

I didn't really set a weight loss goal for this challenge, but I did have the goal of overcoming struggle with healthy food choices and portion sizes. I have done immensely better with both of these--especially portion sizes. I have had a couple set backs during this challenge, but overall i'm feeling very positive about continuing my weight loss journey.

This challenge has been very motivating for me. I want to thank all of you for the extra boost! (:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

My goal was -20 pounds in the 9 weeks. Didn't happen, not even close. Unfortunately I lost my fire somewhere in the middle :( I do however, feel liked a gained a fantastic group of supporters who will be with me through the rest of this journey. Hopefully we will stick together and continue to offer the support we have been giving. I am hoping my positive attitude is here to stay!
    DITTO - guess tht is why we were paired as partners!
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    Wednesday Nov. 16 QOTD: Do you drink caffeinated beverages? Why or why not? Do you feel like it helps or hinders your weight loss or neither?

Mini challenge: 100 jumping jacks

I do not drink coffee or non-herbal teas for religious reasons. I almost never drink soda because it makes me feel crappy so that's not an issue. I've never had an energy drink and don't want to. I worked at a medical company for 9 years and watched people in their late 30's and 40's develop osteoporosis because they consumed so much caffeine. It runs in my family anyway and I don't want to accelerate any conditions if I can help it.

If I drink anything but water, herbal teas-unsweetened or fresh raw juices it does hinder my weight loss. I'll do my challenge tonight.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Yep, I am a caffeinated beast. I don't drink soda much though - carbonation is not good for you. i drink adiet soda or sugar free redbull as an occasional treat (the soda) or when I need a pick me up to get through my workout. I prefer to just get enough sleep and not need that but its not always possible.

I have coffee or tea most mornings. Its yummy, its an appetite suppressant, and it helps me get more water in!

Forgot to answer my OWN question so:

I don't remember what my goals were now but I think it was to get back on track with exercise and lose at least SOMETHING.

I for sure lost a few pounds over the last 9 months (Very slowly) and more importantly my exercise has been REALLY good - I've been running 3 times a week, doing strength at least 2 times and sometimes 3 per week, and playing dance central. It really helps to eat back my exercise calories because I think to myself "oooh I really want to eat a burger, I better workout after dinner" instead of "I can't have a burger, I nly have 400 calories left"
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I do drink coffee on a regular basis. I don't drink fruit juices and I rarely every drink soda. I don't think drinking hinders my weight but my sweet tooth does.
  • NaomiLyn15
    Options

I don't cut them out on purpose, but I truly don't really drink many. A bit of tea here and there, and every once in a while I have a glass of coke. But, that is about it. I don't think it affects me, but that is probably because I don't drink much with caffein in it. I think that I stay away from it because I get a bit jittery when I have it. I used to have an issue with my heart and had to cut it out back then, and just never started drinking it when the issue went away.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I go through my coffee spurts, but for the most part I drink nothing but water. I don't really feel it helps or hinders my weight loss at all. Of course, I don't think any particular food or drink does unless it is because I ate too much of it and went over my calories! lol
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

It is very hard for me to work out when I drink caffeine. Inadvertently I completely cut out sodas. I don't even know how it happened. I think I was broke in college and couldn't afford anything but water. Now sometimes I might drink some tea or a little coffe but that is it.I don't really see a difference as long as I don't overdo it.