Operation: Sexy Claus Week #9 11.14.11 (Closed Group)

Options
Good Morning ladies! I hope everyone is having an awesome morning so far and is ready to do some work this week!

I think it is safe to say that some of us have been less present in the past few weeks and some osf us feeling down. But I don't wany anyone to quit! You all can do this! We can all do this! So why not now!? I wanted to see how everyone felt about possibly extending the challenge to the end of th year. This would give everyone a fresh 6 weeks to lose even more and end 2011 with a BANG!!! This leads me to my question of the day!

Question of the Day: I want everyone to reflect on this challenge and tell me why it is they joined in the first place. I want us all to refocus starting today! That is not to say that some of the ladies have not been doing an awesome job! But I want us to forget about any slip-ups that we have had in the past 8 weeks and focus strong and get back to doing what we all know how to do!

Don't forget to log your weight for this week, and we will do measurements next week!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE81SVEtMGVTaFFpLWJveDJJOXNWOUE6MQ

Replies

• MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello Sexy Claus

QOD: Well, I first joined as I like the accountability factor of a challenge, I find that I need that from time to time to keep me focused and centered on the end goal. I've also found and accepted (for me) that it will take alot longer for me to reach my goal -my weight loss has been slow but steady...I'm seeing more inches lost than scale or weight loss-it gets to the point where I'm right now, not wanting to step on the scale but am more focused on making sure that I'm working my program and getting my workouts in...which has helped to keep me somewhat sane and in the game!:wink:

Personally I wouldn't mind keeping it open until the end of the year, as the workout programs I'm currently doing will also extend into the new year!
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: I want everyone to reflect on this challenge and tell me why it is they joined in the first place. I want us all to refocus starting today! That is not to say that some of the ladies have not been doing an awesome job! But I want us to forget about any slip-ups that we have had in the past 8 weeks and focus strong and get back to doing what we all know how to do!

I definitely started this challenge because I was in need of group motivation and something to stick with. Life has become hectic and I for sure let it get the best of me! I've refocused myself to continue the challenge and to continue to lose the weight I know I need to lose.

I am 100% for extending the challenge to the end of the year!!!!!!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    I'm down for extending the challenge until the end of the year!

This challenge has helped me stay focused and start losing again. So far I've lost 13.2lbs out of the 20lbs I want to lose during the challenge. I have been doing awesome! I fell off here and there, but overall I worked out HARD and logged as much as possible. I really think having to check in every week has helped me stay motivated and not fall off the wagon completely. I hope the challenges continue next year, to be honest! :)
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    QOD: I joined so that I would have the motivation from people who are trying to do the same thing as I am. Every so often I get down on myself and ask myself "Why am I doing this? I should just quit." But then I come to this thread and see all the other ladies who are struggling to find that balance and it makes me think "I am not alone! And I WILL do this, no matter how long it takes!!"

So I finally am seeing what consistent work outs and eating well does! It helps you lose weight...WHAT REALLY? :laugh:

LW: 157.4
    CW: 154.4

What?? 3 lbs?? Who am I? :noway:

I would love to keep the challenge going to the end of the year. I will enter 2012 well on my way!!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Good Monday morning!!

QOD: I joined this challenge because I needed the accountability and the motivation I get from being part of a challenge. And while I love being part of this challenge, I have been absent from the thread for the past few weeks. I got on a plateau pretty much when the challenge first started, then because of that I had weeks where I didn't lose weight not because of the plateau but because of self-sabotage. So I didn't feel like I had much to say, and I just weighed in and didn't participate.

As far as continuing the challenge through the end of the year, I think that's a fantastic idea!! I finally got off my plateau and actually lost 3.4 last week!! Being in the challenge will keep us focused through all the holiday parties!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: I want everyone to reflect on this challenge and tell me why it is they joined in the first place. I want us all to refocus starting today!

Just last week I had gotten congrats and praise for logging in for 95 straight days. But I didn't deserve it. I logged in, but I didn't fully participate in this site in the way it was intended. Didn't comment much, didn't log anything, and didn't put forth my all. I had joined this challenge hoping that it would be the motivation I needed to kickstart my "post-vacation getting back into things" swing. After 8 weeks, I found that I have squandered that opportunity and have not taken my goals seriously. I spent a lot of time blaming the scale not moving on a plateau (despite the fact that I had started to eat like crap). So yesterday I intentionially did not log in so that I could have a restart. And it is very appropriate now that you have called on us to start refocusing today! I am fully on board from now to the rest of the year. My goals will be to hit my calorie and exercise goals every week and to be a full participant on this site once again.

We can do this, ladies! :smile:
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Don't forget to log your weight for this week, and we will do measurements next week!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE81SVEtMGVTaFFpLWJveDJJOXNWOUE6MQ

I started this challenge so I would be accountable. I have really sucked the last past week though seems like i've gotten really busy or something. I don't know but this week I said I was gonna do better. I think I have like 3lbs give or take until I reach the 15lb mark. I wanted to lose 20 by the first of the year so I definitley need to focus and get it together. So it's time for me to go hard or go home...I'm so close to my goal I hate when I get side tracked.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options

:( so much going on in my life really hard to focus on myself. I joined the challenge to help me get to my goal especially since I am getting married in June. My dress shopping appt is in 2 weeks and I am not even close to what I wanted to be at this time. I keep slipping. It's my own fault I really need to let the stress not get to me and focus on myself. My fiance wants to start exercising so hopefully he will help me so we can do it together. I feel like I am losing myself I havent stepped on the scale because I know what its going say. :cry: Doesnt help I am pms too! I am sorry ladies I havent been myself. I have been reading the posts so PROUD of EVERYONE *hugs* this too will pass ... did good today didnt eat junk :)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Krys, It's like you're a mind reader!!!

I woke up this morning and realized that I have been totally slacking off since July... and even with this Challenge, It's not changing. So what I have decided is that I need to really commit to loving who I am and living the life I deserve....
  • dmnosu17
    Options
    Hello I joined in the first place to continue with accountability. I didn't love my results from the summer challenge so I wanted to continue trying to make some progress. Seems like the past 6 weeks I've fallen off logging and my exercise routine. Not too happy to see the scale move in opposite directions but I know I need to refocus with holidays and a surgery coming up. Right now I want to get back to logging everyday might not be able to post all the time but I'll work harder at being more visible on the posts! Keep up the hard work everyone
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Showing a +4 this morning... but I had some high-sodium meals, and it's that TOM, so I'm hoping it's because of that. I'm also uber stressed and have been battling major emotional upheavals lately... so that could be why.

I joined for accountability and because competition usually motivates me. I did really well in the Summer Sweeties challenge... but I just can't seem to get it together right now.
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone:)

I joined because I had wonderful success w/ Summer Sweeties. This time not so much, not sure what the heck is going on with me but I need to seriously get it together!! I am definitely good w/ extending to the new year:) Thanks Krys!!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

The reason I joined this challenge is because I really enjoyed the Snowflake challenge and got really good results. And I did the Summer Sweeties, and really got no where. I like the accountability and was hoping to see some results. No results thus far for this challenge. Very frustrating. I am almost always in my calories and exercise everyday and haven't lost more than 5 pounds in the last 6 months.
    I am rededicating myself! I want to lose 5 lbs before the end of the year... actually I really would like to make it to a total loss of 50 lbs for this year. I am trying to increase my protein hoping that will make a difference.
    Let's give this year a real shove off and bring in 2012 healthy, slim and strong!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm back from Hawaii. Weighed in this morning. I am 173.8 which is hiogher than when I started this challenge.....:blushing: Ready to recommit and make progress!!!!!!!

QOD~ Well, I joined this challenge because I want the accountability and because KRYSTLE rocks! :flowerforyou:

I have had some good weeks and some bad. Unfortuanatly the bad ones have outweighed the good ones...

I would LOVE to extend the challenge through the end of the year!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I joined because I need an extra push toward my goal. I think that having to weigh in weekly and log measurements are a good way to keep me motivated. I also want to reach my goal by the new year.....Thanks Krys_T
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon wonderful ladies! I hope everyone is well! Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving!? AHHHH I am freaking out here!

Question of the Day: Share a healthy recipe that you like to prepare for yourself and or yourself and the family?
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It was great to read that people are wanting to extend the challenge. I think it is a good idea because I noticed that a lot of us have been having some hellish kind of weeks with just LIFE in general. But I want us to all think about is...this is apart of our LIFE now. Would we forget to pick up our kids, or to take out the dog, forget to clean the house, or go to work? Nope, because it is a part of our everyday lives and responsibilities...and so is this! The greatest responsibility we have is taking care of ourselves! And I will speak for myself when I say....I have not been doing a good job...at all! My pants are feeling a little tight this morning and I almost had a mental breakdown! No way! I am going to do finish this damn thing! Who is with me?!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: I want everyone to reflect on this challenge and tell me why it is they joined in the first place.

I joined becuase I had a horrible summer and I wanted to re-focus and get back on trck little that I know my new job would have changed my life so drastically. Dont get me wrong I am grateful for this new oppurtunity its just that I'm having a hard time getting back on track. But I'm happy to report that although I dont get exercise in 6 days a week like before last week I excercise 3 times and I'm very happy about that....we went walking on the beach right after work so it was a nice way to get exercise in with the family plus de-stress and over the weekend I did my Zumba DVDs. So far this week things are looking even better....my goal from now on is to do some form of exercise even if its 20 mins a days but I need to do this so it become 2nd nature like it once was...

Healthy recipe: thats a hard one becuase my boyfriend does most of the cooking...
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    QOD: My favorite recipe is roasted potatoes. I slice potatoes (any kind, but I like red skinned) and toss with extra virgin olive oil and some Montreal Steak Spice and roast in the oven for 40 mins. Hmmm so good!
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone:)

I joined because I had wonderful success w/ Summer Sweeties. This time not so much, not sure what the heck is going on with me but I need to seriously get it together!! I am definitely good w/ extending to the new year:) Thanks Krys!!

This for me too!!! I had done so well during the Summer challenge...and I think honestly I just got extremely frustrated with the scales being at a plateau for so long and then on top of that having life get in the way I've been so stressed w/ some personal things that have been going on and of course as a result feeding my feelings.... and then having this plateau... I've just been on overload.... I've been exercising here and there... but not like I should be... so yes I would love to extend to the new year and heres to me getting back on track.... Lord have mercy I need to ...and I know what I have to do and I know no one can do this for me but me....so I'm in.... thanks for the reminder Krys!

As for a recipe I'll have to think about that one... :) I'm at work so I'll try to post something tonight when I get home!