Operation: Sexy Claus Week #9 11.14.11 (Closed Group)

Options
2»

Replies

• Stephinow
    Options
    QOD: I have like a million things I like to make. It seems that the longer my husband is away (he's a truck driver), the more I find myself in the kitchen...idk. But for a quick and tasty comforting food I love to make sliced baked sweet potatoes (or yams). I peel and cut 2 med-large potatoes in slices -- not too thin, you don't want potato chips -- about 1/4 in. thick. I place them in a big freezer baggie and drizzle about 1 tbsp. olive oil, little sea salt and pepper and shake it up really well. Then I bake at 350 on a foiled cookie sheet for 20 min., turn and cook for another 15-20 min. Delish! Oh, that makes about 4 servings.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A Family favourite, more for my husband and I than my 7 year old daughter is filet of salmon bbq'ed with either fresh dill and onion chopped on it with grilled veggies. Yum! It's getting a little chilly for BBQing now, but I don't mind if my husband does it! :laugh:

Thanks for the ideas for sweet potatoes!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry to be late getting to our threat this week. My youngest sister had a baby yesterday (it was stressful awaiting my nephew's arrival, b/c w/her last delivery, she hemorrhaged to the point of a priest, surgery & multiple blood transfusions). I am happy to say Mommy & baby are both doing great!

Also yesterday, we got the test results back on my other new nephew (my other sister had twins 3 weeks ago). He has a rare metabolic disorder called MCAD. the next 4 months are the most critical. It's tricky b/c he needs to be fed every 3 hours and the clock starts at the beginning of a feeding. He also has a cleft lip - so he is a slow eater so someone is basically up all night - and they live 1.5 hours away from family. We are so blessed though . He is such a lovebug!!

So - the goings on there have been making my schedule very crazy & I am quite "scrambled" schedule & organization wise. I am doing my best to keep up with at least maintaining during this stressful crazy time.

I am heading to my sisters tomorrow, which means added work stress from missing a day (I had 2 kids home sick Monday, so I'm already behind)... and added scheduling stress - but what is family for? My sister is having a really hard time right now with a 2 year old + twins - her hubby working - and the worry about baby boy (plus - hello - hormone central!).

I hope to be able to be a better support to all of you in the coming weeks.

Many hugs,
    Amy
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry to be late getting to our threat this week. My youngest sister had a baby yesterday (it was stressful awaiting my nephew's arrival, b/c w/her last delivery, she hemorrhaged to the point of a priest, surgery & multiple blood transfusions). I am happy to say Mommy & baby are both doing great!

Also yesterday, we got the test results back on my other new nephew (my other sister had twins 3 weeks ago). He has a rare metabolic disorder called MCAD. the next 4 months are the most critical. It's tricky b/c he needs to be fed every 3 hours and the clock starts at the beginning of a feeding. He also has a cleft lip - so he is a slow eater so someone is basically up all night - and they live 1.5 hours away from family. We are so blessed though . He is such a lovebug!!

So - the goings on there have been making my schedule very crazy & I am quite "scrambled" schedule & organization wise. I am doing my best to keep up with at least maintaining during this stressful crazy time.

I am heading to my sisters tomorrow, which means added work stress from missing a day (I had 2 kids home sick Monday, so I'm already behind)... and added scheduling stress - but what is family for? My sister is having a really hard time right now with a 2 year old + twins - her hubby working - and the worry about baby boy (plus - hello - hormone central!).

I hope to be able to be a better support to all of you in the coming weeks.

Many hugs,
    Amy

Wow, Amy, and at the end of all of that your wish is to be able to support us! What a wonderful person you are. God bless your family and those beautiful little angel babies :) Make sure to take care of yourself while you're taking care of others. ***hugs***

Stephanie
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Are we no longer allowed to have customized "signatures" on the message boards? I went to change mine and the only option that's available is whether my ticker is located at the bottom. Did someone ruin it for the rest of us?
  • jreese5226
    Options
    Nevermind... :blushing: there's already been quite a response about it and I've just been too busy to notice the change. No big deal. I actually do like seeing the feeds without all the clutter. I'll just have to post my goals on my profile now.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Nevermind... :blushing: there's already been quite a response about it and I've just been too busy to notice the change. No big deal. I actually do like seeing the feeds without all the clutter. I'll just have to post my goals on my profile now.

I didn't notice until now that you mention it. :laugh:
  • Kkmama
    Options
    I noticed it too. Darn. I liked being able to see other peoples goals and "personality" in their signitures. :sad:
  • jreese5226
    Options
    Where is everyone? Hope you are all having a good week. It's Friday, so I know it's HIGHS and LOWS. I actually have something to share. :wink:

HIGHS: I am officially BACK ON TRACK!!! I've gotten four workouts in so far this week and it feels fantastic! And despite it being a very hectic week, I managed to "just do it!"

LOWS: We have not been grocery shopping in 3 weeks!!! So the options for healthy eating have been minimal. Virtually no fruits and very few veggies. I've been keeping at or near my calorie goals each day, but the quality of the food that's been going in has been less than desirable! Big grocery trip is planned for tomorrow for sure!

Happy Friday! :drinker:
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Good Afternoon wonderful ladies! I hope everyone is well! Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving!? AHHHH I am freaking out here!

Question of the Day: Share a healthy recipe that you like to prepare for yourself and or yourself and the family?

This is not perfectly healthy, but a great alternative meal:

Rhodes Frozen dinner rolls (the uncooked dough balls)
    (spray cookie sheet w/olive oil or the like)
    Let the dough balls thaw & rise (about 1-2 hours)
    Stretch out as you rotate clockwise (like a mini-pizza dough)
    Top with your favorite pizza toppings
    Bake in 350 oven for about 10-15 minutes

I love this, b/c I do mine without sauce, lowfat cheese & lots of veggies. The kids can still have sauce, cheese (turkey) pepperoni... and still it's ton less calories & fat - and a serving size of 2 is much healthier than big slices of pizza.

**FROM MONDAY**:
    Question of the Day: I want everyone to reflect on this challenge and tell me why it is they joined in the first place. I want us all to refocus starting today! That is not to say that some of the ladies have not been doing an awesome job! But I want us to forget about any slip-ups that we have had in the past 8 weeks and focus strong and get back to doing what we all know how to do!

I joined this challenge b/c challenges give me the xtra accountibility when I feel like giving up. I have not rocked it as I hoped due to an unexpectedly crazy schedule & stress (with the arrival of my 2 nephew's & niece and medical issues for 1 mommy & 2 babies).

So, I have told myself if I can at least maintain my ~20# loss for now, when life eases up a bit, I'll be in the perfect spot to gear back up.

Hugs,

Amy
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Stephanie - thanks for the support! Hugs right back :)

Jreese - great work getting back on track!!!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Happy Friday!

jreese, thanks for reminding us about HIGHS and LOWS :)

HIGHS: I was down 3.4 at last weigh in, and I've managed to stay on track this week with my eating.

LOWS: I haven't worked out at all this week. I have good intentions and then when I get home I'm tire, stressed, and just want to curl up in bed, and I gave in every day...boo!
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope yall have a great weekend ahead!

Highs: I've lost about 2 or 3 lbs this week!! I'm definitely back on track too!

Lows: I was feeling quite under the weather for a few days and it sucked the energy right out of me, but I am still going at it. Despite my extremely "heavy" lunch today from chipotle... all else has been very good this week!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    His: I survived
    Lows: I want to do more than survive....:huh:
  • Kkmama
    Options
    Wow! Are we ever a quiet bunch this week!
    Unfortunately I am right there with you Sugar_Apple! I survived another week.
    Highs: I think I figured out what I need to do... get back to basics.
    Lows: Didn't set the world on fire with my work outs, but at least did something.

I think part of the problem is that I am finding the time change difficult and hate it getting dark before 5pm! In really hope I get out of this funk soon!

December 28th will be my one year anniversary here really "working it" and I am really wanting to hit the 50 lb mark... or at least really really close to it!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, sorry I missed last week entirely! I should be back now! I have less CONSTANT stuff to do, but still a LOT to do. I hope I can be more around here. :happy: