#1 sign you're getting dumped...

Options
13»

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Just heard the DJ on my local radio station say:

"The #1 sign you are getting dumped is your girlfriend starts losing weight."

And......................... discuss.

Story of my life...No really :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Fact. It was on the radio... it must be.
    The Internet is the new radio.

Was it on the Internet?

It is now..... look around. Lol.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I guess if I were going to dump someone, I wouldn't bother staying with him WHILE I was losing weight. I mean, what is that about? Keeping one on a line until you're ready to go fish for another? :sick:

When I've broken up, it's been because I knew he wasn't "the one". No sense hanging around hoping things will change if you know already, in your heart, that it's just not there for you.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I've heard this from a few guy friends. Its been true in a few situations...the girls are getting themselves ready for the 'BBD'

Bigger Better Deal
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    If this were true, I would have dumped my guy a few times already!
  • J_Matt
    J_Matt Posts: 13
    Options
    I am not losing weight to dump my wife.
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's true, I'm losing weight to look good to MARRY my other half, so it's bringing us closer together in fact!
  • samdancer86
    samdancer86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight and then got dumped! On my birthday to add to the pain and now I am wanting to eat EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This usually lets me know
    restraining-order.jpg
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Have a friend whose husband suddenly started losing weight and dressing nicer. Turned out he had met someone and was planning to get a divorce and pursue the other woman once he was in shape. Thankfully, my friend figured it out and they worked everything out - they are still married.

I would say barring any other significant reason (doc told them to do it etc.) someone 'suddenly' becoming interested in losing weight can certainly be a warning sign of issues in the relationship.

^^ This.

Also...many people gain weight once they are in a relationship, because they feel comfortable enough to eat in front of the other person, they go out more, etc. So depending upon the amount, they could just be getting back on track!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Here are a few:
    - Your keys to the house don't work any more.
    - Your joint checking account is cleared out.
    - Some other dude's truck is parked at your house.
    - You come in from a business trip and she's getting gussied up to go out.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Here are a few:
    - Your keys to the house don't work any more.
    - Your joint checking account is cleared out.
    - Some other dude's truck is parked at your house.
    - You come in from a business trip and she's getting gussied up to go out.

a few to add:
    - He claims he is working overtime, yet his checks don't.
    - He works a "dirty" job, yet comes home clean and smelling like cologne.
    - He says he's going to hang out with some new guy friend all the time that you've never met.
    - He heads out to the garage to talk every time the above mentioned "friend" calls his cell.

Or the home-wrecking *kitten* posts comments on his facebook and you innocently go to check her out only to find photos, comments, etc on how she is in a relationship with your husband, has been hanging at your house while you are at work, and LOVES your new bed!

Well... at least that's how mine went down LOL
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a self fulfilling prophecy if I ever saw one.

"You're losing weight and getting fitter! You're getting ready to go meet other guys aren't you?!"
    "WHAT?! Excuse me? You don't think I can do something for myself to make myself feel and look better without the motive of dumping you? Maybe I should..."

Boom, study/story proven.