How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    A club. We both saw eachother and i told my friend i wanted to talk to him and apparently he told his friends i was hot and he wanted to talk to me lmao
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    my though my ex boyfriend :-/
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mutual friend... Been together 20 yrs...Dec 26th will be our 19th wedding anniversary
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    At my uncle's funeral. I was 12 years old. First thing I ever said to him was "I am going to marry you someday". We married 11 days after I turned 19.
    January 11, 2012 will be our 20th wedding anniversary.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Back in the dinosaur age (1973) in high school, still together now. He was a geek I befriended because all my friends dared me into it, he fell in love at first sight, lol. Started asking me to marry him a week later.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My exhusband I met through dancing. He used to be a professional dancer(yeah, I hit the jackpot.). I was taking swing dance lessons during the swing revival(way before Dancing with the Stars made ballroom dancing popular again) in the mid 90's. He was the best student in the class.Little did I know he had a background in ballet, jazz, and actually tap danced with Savion Glover!

I thought he was full of himself..although a great dancer and was embarrassed to be partnered up with him because I was sure he would think I was the suckiest dancer ever partnered with him(which I am sure I was!). I projected in my head that he thought I was awful and decided he was a dance snob since he was soooo reserved dancing with me. At a swing dance club he asked me to dance. I was pretty sure he only asked to be nice and because I was in class. Well, after our dance I didn't want him to feel obligated to ask me to dance again so I ran off the dance floor(like Cinderella!) Well, later I found out he was nervous and liked me and thought I was a great dancer.

Unfortunately we are now divorced but are still good friends. He has our 6 yr old son this holiday and am about to leave home to visit him and our son in the burbs.

My current boyfriend and father of my now 6 month old.. I met through..ugh...craigslist 3 years ago. (I Hate admiitting that!)
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    AOL Chatroom....married for 13 years come next month!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Light Lunch (UK TV program) chat room. Friends for a year first.12th anniversary next month :)
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    at the pool. i used to see him around school-- he seemed like a really cute and shy person.

over the summer, i was tanning and reading beside the pool, when he and a group of his friends came by. soon after, my cell phone rang, and as i leaned sideways to reach for my purse, my pool chair fell over BACKWARDS :(

feeling extremely flustered and embarrassed, i plastered a huge smile on my face and pretended nothing happened; a last ditch effort to put forth a dignified facade.

soon after, he came over and commented on my bravery for still sitting on the same pool chair! went on a date the next day, and we're about to celebrate our 6 mo anniversary soon. I'm spending Christmas w/ him and his family :]
  • Manda_H
    Options
    at a church where his family and I had attended (he did not)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. True story.

Love it!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    A party in Manhattan. Been together ever since :-)
  • susanmartin45
    susanmartin45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It was a party, one night stand that has lasted for twenty six years now. This has been one long night.
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at our county fair. I have been with him for 26 years. We will be married 25 years on December 27th.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My hubby was the jerk that got me thrown off the bus because he stole my seat. Been together ever since & March 17th will be 8 years. December 14th was our first Wedding anniversary :):heart: :love: Wouldn't trade him for the world!
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cooking class. I realized it was about time my friend and I learned to cook and he knew how to cook, but was there " to meet chicks". That was 24 years ago.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    At my sister's wedding. I was a bridesmaid with an oversized bust...digging in the top of my dress for my phone, camera, keys etc while running to talk to a friend. He came as her date (friends since grammar school). Between that and me getting sloshed in the limo ride to the reception, I'm surprised he was so interested. According to him, I had guts and gone toe to toe with him and his dorkish sense of humor. I still say I was drunk and just giving him crap for constantly being in my way that night. lol. Been together 4 1/2 yrs now. =)
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was 14 and he was 16. He was dating my best friend and I thought he was the cutest thing I had ever seen! He was a BAD BOY for sure....drank, smoked, drove, skipped school....I was in love! When my friend's mom made her break up with him he called me to talk about it and that was it! 45 years later we have been married 40 years and I'm still crazy about him. I won't say it's easy being married to a bad boy, but it's been quite a ride! :) And under it all he has a soft spot for kids, animals and ME..... my best friend and biggest supporter.
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    plentyoffish.com
    we emailed for a few days, talked once on the phone and went out within a week, have been together pretty much every day ever since ♥♥
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    In the gulf war.

She was an Iraqi refugee and I moved her to a safe holding zone.

I held her hand all night as she was scared becuase my because the allies had commenced bombing again.

I helped her to move through the holding zones and evantually managed to get her and her family to a relocation site

Neither of us could speak a word to each other but we just knew if you know what I mean.

So I went back to find her and like I said we knew.

She came to England and we are now married and I've learnt some Iraqi and she has learned much more English

We will be together forever

Wow. Just *wow.* That is an incredible story.