How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was friends with his sister but engaged at the time.....a year later broke of my engagement, two months later he asked me out, 6 months later married. Married for almost 17 years and love him even more today. :o)
  • MSH63
    MSH63 Posts: 19
    Options
    At the kennel.
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    Right here on MFP. We became friends over a year ago and began to pursue something more in July. He's coming to visit and meet me in 1 month :heart:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine met her hubby on the internet and when she flew across the country to meet him for the first time, she gave her hubby's best friend my number. He called me when he was drunk and we talked every day after that. I finally went down to meet him about 6 weeks later and that was that. When he came home from his next deployment (Jan 2009) I moved across the country with my friend so we could be together. We got married July 2010.
  • pelican37
    pelican37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend spilled a beer on me....that was his big way of getting me to talk to him. LOL
  • ILNANA
    Options
    I came from another Burger Chef to help his store out. After he left Burger Chef he came in and asked me out. That was 29 ago, we have been married for 28 years now.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    highschool.....13 years later we are still together.
  • IamBrande
    Options
    On-line!

Ditto this...

I met the man that I love to pieces.........On-Line ♥
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Party before high school started sophmore year. :) then we had english together that year

9 years and counting
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    Grade 10, in High School!
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    We both belong to a Kayaking and canoeing club. Became friends and 3 years later we're now dating.
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    In a cult.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    High school sweethearts . . . he was actually dating my best friend . . . . that is how we met. She decided to break up with him the same time she told me that I was "too perfect to be her friend." We started hanging out and were friends for a year before we started dating. He took me out on my first date and now we have been married for 16.5 years. :heart:
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    We have been in the same school and church since I was 5 and he was 6. I didn't even know he existed beyond a face until 10th grade. We became good friends in 11th grade and at that point my parents let me know I could hang out with him over their DEAD BODIES. So.... a year later, right after I graduated, I jumped out of my bedroom window and we eloped. We have been married for 11.5 years. =)

wow, great story..
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    College, through mutual friends.

He was married but seperated at the time, so we were just friends, but a few years later after his divorce we went out for our first date, on New Year's Eve of 2000. Never looked back and been married 10 years.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Was driving home one night and saw my buddies truck. I stopped to talk to him, and she was in teh passenger seat. We sat and talked for hours that night, exchanged numbers and were dating very soon after. That was 14 years ago, with our tenth anniversary coming up in June along with our first born :-)
  • SherriH69
    Options
    He was talking to my stepbrother and offered to do some renovation work for my stepdad. My stepdad set us up and 18 years later we're still together!
  • Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I met my wife at a college party my sophomore year in my apartment. One of my roommates had a bunch of his weirdo friends over and according to her I was the most normal looking person there, so that's why she started talking to me.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Was driving home one night and saw my buddies truck. I stopped to talk to him, and she was in teh passenger seat. We sat and talked for hours that night, exchanged numbers and were dating very soon after. That was 14 years ago, with our tenth anniversary coming up in June along with our first born :-)
    Nice story, see, country songs are right, 'somethin about a truck' LOL
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com

I wasn't so sure after first meeting, but after third meeting, I was hooked.

I met mine on POF too...he was my last ditch effort before I cancelled my profile. Our first date was amazing, and we've been together for 4 years, getting married in 3.