Replies

• kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    online. I know, how boring.
  • torkmdeg
    torkmdeg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Haven't met mine yet! (aka I don't have one :grumble:)
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I met her in high school. Didn't ask her out until I graduated. Joined the military and was away for about 10 years. When I came home she was still single. Started dating again and eventually married her. Happy ever since.
    Beautiful!
  • barbijean29
    barbijean29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I met my husband aug of 97 we were 15 and he was riding a bike past my friends house and I yelled Hey Baby Nice *kitten* out the door... and he came back and has never left since... I never thought it would be anything and now we have been married for 11 years and together 14 with 3 kids..
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My Grandma was an alcoholic and his Mom was a bartender. We were 15. Been together ever since.
    That sounds like a country song.

Was just thinking that! LOL
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow, love all these amazing stories!! Great thread!!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We met the day I moved to a small town where I knew nobody, in order to take a job. I went to an AA meeting on my lunch hour, and he was there. 7 months later, I asked him to be my date for my company Christmas party so I wouldn't be the only person there who didn't drink. I call that one our first date, but he didn't think it was because I didn't let him kiss me goodnight. A few weeks later, we finally had our first kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve, on the dance floor of an AA convention. That was almost 3 years ago, and we are getting married in August!
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I worked at a home for mentally disabled persons with my now husbands sister. Her and I got along pretty good. I had a boyfriend and he had a girlfriend and she hated both of them so she tried to get us to dump our so and date each other. Well my sister in law is a little nuts, she has 5 kids all with different men, she abused drugs and she has crazy mood swings. My hubby and I split up with our so's the same week but he was a little hesitant to date me because most of his sister friends are nuts and I was worried about dating him because he was related to her.

Well she went out of town one weekend and he called me and wanted to know what I was doing that night. I was going to my home town rodeo and I invited him to come. So I had to get ready and I would let him know when I was ready to go. Well I was just about to call him and he called me trying to bail to go fishing! I told him look you got one chance if you bail don't call again. Well he came with, 2 weeks later we moved in together and got married a year after that.

I would also like to add about a month after we started dating he admitted he never had a fishing thing to go he got really nervous at the last minute and that's why he tried to back out
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    At a virtual yacht club. It's not a dating site but a sailing site. nonetheless people still meet there!
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    We met the day I moved to a small town where I knew nobody, in order to take a job. I went to an AA meeting on my lunch hour, and he was there. 7 months later, I asked him to be my date for my company Christmas party so I wouldn't be the only person there who didn't drink. I call that one our first date, but he didn't think it was because I didn't let him kiss me goodnight. A few weeks later, we finally had our first kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve, on the dance floor of an AA convention. That was almost 3 years ago, and we are getting married in August!

That's a really awesome story. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and your sobriety!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    on here actually :) and he absolutely gets me the way no one else ever has!

Holla.

For the record, she added me first :)
  • cycle_queen
    cycle_queen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We played on the same co-ed sports team when I was 14 or 15. We instantly became great friends and had a lot of common. 10 years later he professed his love for me when he moved away to the UK for law school. We started dating while doing long distance and now it has been 2 years in January. :)
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    He's my sister's best friend haha!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    On a bus trip to a Jimmy Buffett concert
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. True story.

THAT is exactly how I met my significant other. Now, try telling that to the border guards every time you go & visit, it never gets any less embarrassing, because they all give you that look & ask you twenty more questions. :)
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I stole my hubbys seat on the school bus in high school. We were just buddys till a year after I was out of high school.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i love all your stories! people cant believe that i have known my hubby since first grade. we graduated 8th grade together. we didnt go to the same high school but his mom came in to where i was working in the fine jewelry dept and i recognized the name and she showed me his pic and i thought wow, he really got cute! been married 20 years with 3 boys.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    A few of my friends and I went out to a ladies night out at the club, this place was called "Hunters" but now it's "Hooters" (yes the restaurant). Well the line to get in was wrapped around the building and we were standing in line and he was right in front of me. I didn't even pay him any attention. Honestly I was not even a little attracted to him, he came off as a prick and I am not attracted to *kitten* holes. I met his cousin, and his cousin and I exchanged numbers. 2 weeks went by, his cousin calls me, we decide to hang out, I met my husband again, this time I was attracted to him, totally different person, had a really funny sense of humor, was a lot of what I was attracted to in his personality, which made his over all appearance a 10. I knew that his cousin and I were not going anywhere especially when he blew in my ear, and right then I was like "This guy's an idiot!". A week went by, he called me (my husband) and asked me to hang out, this time he came and picked me up and met my dad. We've been together ever since. January 13th will be 11 years since we have been together, June 27th will be 9yrs we been married :) I was 19 when we met.
  • ANYANA44
    Options
    IN A BAR...9YRS AGO....N WE STILL @ IT!!!..LOL..
  • heb12345
    Options
    we met at school! we were in the same night class and both showed up tipsy one day. bonded instantly.