How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Through a friend. I thought he was the biggest *kitten* I'd ever met. A few weeks later the same friend and I ran into him in a bar. We've been together since that night and it was almost 5 years ago!

wow , what changed?
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I wrote a blog post about this a little while back.....I bet I have the best story here!!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/diaryoffatdad/view/how-i-met-my-wife-174651

What a great story!!! I would say you do have the best story!!

Good luck to you guys...Just don't pi$$ her off :laugh:
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    In an alley 10 years ago. Now married for 5 years.

haha i love this.
    i thought my SO story was bizarre :love:
  • StoneColdLiger
    StoneColdLiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    On Facebook.
    We had a mutual friend and we both commented on his status and started chatting on there. Then I decided to add her as a friend as she seemed like a pretty awesome gal. So we continuted chatting on Facebook before deciding to hang out. Then within a month of the date we started talking, we were together and have now been together for almost 2 years and have a beautiful daughter.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In the gulf war.

She was an Iraqi refugee and I moved her to a safe holding zone.

I held her hand all night as she was scared becuase my because the allies had commenced bombing again.

I helped her to move through the holding zones and evantually managed to get her and her family to a relocation site

Neither of us could speak a word to each other but we just knew if you know what I mean.

So I went back to find her and like I said we knew.

She came to England and we are now married and I've learnt some Iraqi and she has learned much more English

We will be together forever
  • angiemartin78
    Options
    Through a friend. I thought he was the biggest *kitten* I'd ever met. A few weeks later the same friend and I ran into him in a bar. We've been together since that night and it was almost 5 years ago!

wow , what changed?

The night that I met him, he was with a girl and they were on the verge of ending their very short dating relationship. All in all he was just not very happy that night. He never said or did anything to me personally, he was just ticked at her.
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    craigslist. LOL. We have been together for over 6 years. =)
  • angiemartin78
    Options
    threw smarties at her, tried to get them down her boobies

been together since 1987

Love it!!!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    University, in 1990, now married 15 years :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Facebook. He followed me for a year and I just ignored him for the most part. He sent me a message asking me to dinner, very casually... I blew it off. But then I started to pay more attention, we chatted. We talked on the phone. He came to my house and basically didn't leave. We were together for 9 months before getting married at dusk in an urban park just a month ago. He said I was the most beautiful, that he wanted me like no one else, and still tells me this nearly every day... it's a nice thing to hear :-) I feel pretty lucky.
  • priescm
    Options
    eHarmony. No joke.
    We've been married for 1 year now and it's great. :)
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    We met as seniors in high school. Been married 1 1/2 years, been together for 13.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    A friend of mine worked for the Regional Jail. She invited me to the employee picnic where she set me up with my now husband. People always look at me funny when I say I met my husband at a jail picnic!

this story will have that affect on people..lol
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Blind date. We were fixed up by a mutual friend. Married 5 years. :)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options

haha i love this.
    i thought my SO story was bizarre :love:

True story. I was on my way to work and he was fixing his car in the garage. It was love at first sight.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I met mine through a "Booty Call" really. I was crazy and impulsive years back. I lost my first husband in a tragic accident and wasn't really wanting to have someone steady in our lives yet. We spent an entire weekend together and haven't been apart since. He is a great father to my girls, and we have another child together. My family loves him.
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Match.com...yep, we should be in commercials! It really does work! teehee

AMEN! Met mine on match.com, as well!!! Our first date was July 3rd, 2010... official on July 17th, 2010... he proposed to me May 20th, 2011 and we're getting married on April 14th, 2012!!! IT WORKS! I highly recommend it!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options

:noway:
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    We were childhood friends since about the age 11 and started dating at 35. We've been together 11 yrs.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I came across my handsome young man on a social networking site (like facebook) by chance... I was looking to add "friends" to my list so was surfing randomly through some profiles when I saw his photo and said Hmmm that looks like someone I could spend the rest of my life with (jokingly)...so I "friended him".

His status said something along the lines of being lonely, so I being me of course, wrote him a message saying Awww someone needs a hug... that got us talking, we exchanged quite a few messages lol, then MSN id's and discussed getting together for a coffee and that hug!

I knew there was something special about him the moment we started chatting a flow of electricity, a tingle, a connection, I know sounds far fetched and people say NAH that doesn't happen...a few weeks later I happened to be in Ottawa where we met up so I could give him THAT HUG, and when we hugged, I knew my life would never be the same lol and well life has never been the same since... he purposed on our 1 year anniversary and now we are eagerly looking forward to our happily ever after together :D October 06,2012

I never thought I would meet a man such as him, and I did, and I have NEVER been happier... as I once asked him WHERE have you BEEN all my life? His response... In Gatineau, (2 1/2 hours outside Montreal where I lived) Hmm who would have thunk! I may have had to go to HULL and back to find him but I did...