How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Facebook. He followed me for a year and I just ignored him for the most part. He sent me a message asking me to dinner, very casually... I blew it off. But then I started to pay more attention, we chatted. We talked on the phone. He came to my house and basically didn't leave. We were together for 9 months before getting married at dusk in an urban park just a month ago. He said I was the most beautiful, that he wanted me like no one else, and still tells me this nearly every day... it's a nice thing to hear :-) I feel pretty lucky.

Ugh, I love that! :D
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    He dated one of my friends in high school. :blushing: Although, we didn't start dating until we were 26.
  • jalisa35
    Options
    Internet, 2007:heart:
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    We dated when we were 15/16 for a brief week. Fell out of touch by the end of high school and I moved away to college. Was "re-introduced" to him by a co-worker a few months after I moved back to my hometown and we've been together ever since.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    AOL chat room almost 11 yrs ago. You NEVER know who you'll find on line! lol
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    he was doing stand up comedy at a comedy club, I thought he was funny so I went up to him after the show and got his number.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I met my husband though a friend with benefits....

I love this one.
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Awwwww. Everyone is so cute on here.

Guess I should start trawling the internet / jails / alley ways / yoga classes for my future significant other.

Congrats, ya lucky b**stards!

I was thinking just the same lol :0)
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in high school 31 years ago. We dated off and on for 3 years. We celebrated 28 years together this last August!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    :heart: Actually meet my husband through my dad and his mom ...they were dating ewww. they are no longer together and my husband and I have been together for a total of 12 years but married for almost 5 in January :heart:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Cpixel.

He added me as a friend and wrote me to tell me how prettty he thought i was.
    We talked on yahoo messenger for 3 mos.
    The day we was suppose to meet was the first time I heard his voice on the phone, I got nervous and flaked.
    2 weeks later we was suppose to meet again, he flaked. Lmfao.

Goin on 7 years in february. :o)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    In the gulf war.

She was an Iraqi refugee and I moved her to a safe holding zone.

I held her hand all night as she was scared becuase my because the allies had commenced bombing again.

I helped her to move through the holding zones and evantually managed to get her and her family to a relocation site

Neither of us could speak a word to each other but we just knew if you know what I mean.

So I went back to find her and like I said we knew.

She came to England and we are now married and I've learnt some Iraqi and she has learned much more English

We will be together forever

Sounds like a romantic movie.
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    We worked together for 7 years before he asked me out. We've been together for almost 14 years. Been married for almost 8 1/2 years.
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    We both worked at the campus post office in college, but I didn't ask her out until I "ran over" her playing football. We are celebrating our 21st anniversary tomorrow and she still says I swept her off her feet, literally.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Online at BigBeautifulPeopleMeet.com! The first time we talked on line, I knew that he would be the one because he made me laugh. I moved to Texas to be with him and we have been together two years.
  • jmarek3
    Options
    We met rock climbing. It was a first time for both of us and we ended up being teamed together. We've been "tied in" together every since.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    plenty of fish dot com
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My husband is my ex boyfriend's best friend.

The ex hooked us up.

We are all still friends, 12 years later.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Downelink.com... imagine that!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    eHarmony!!