How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Yahoo chat rooms, talked for about 5 years before we actually met, been together ever sense. Going on 6 years!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Firing range, 12 years ago. :love:
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I first met him, we were coworkers and he was engaged to marry someone else. I had a crush, but kept it to myself - I'm no homewrecker! A wedding, a kid, a divorce and 4 years later, he came back to work where I was. Apparently, he had a crush too because we got together almost immediately and have been together ever since!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Walmart. Yep, you really CAN get EVERYTHING at walmart. :laugh: We've been together almost 10 yrs now. I still say he's the best thing I ever found at walmart. :heart:

Awww, cute :-) That's really sweet.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    on Plenty of Fish!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Her Brother was a classmate of mine and we had an appartment after graduation. She flew in from the West coast and spent a day with us waiting for her Mom to get her and bring her home. She walked in, about noon ,and I offered her a beer and she declined. So I said, "What are you, some sorta prude?" But I know I'm an *kitten*, so I got up early the next morning and made her blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I persued her all summer until we finally hooked up, we dated until she went back to school, then when she came home for Christmas I asked her to marry me right there at the gate in the Philly airport...15 years ago yesterday and we'll have been married for 14 years 12/20. When I first saw a picture of her on my Brother-in-law's computer he stated, "If you ever touch her, I'll kill you." He still reminds me every year at Christmas that he's going to kill me someday...:)
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    He was my next door neighbor when I purchased my home in 1998. We started dating in April 2005. Got married June 2007.

We STILL live next door to each other and are very happy.
  • lt_mrcook
    Options
    You had to resort to that? WOW! What is this world coming too????
    on Plenty of Fish!
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    www.writeaconvict.com
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    In the gulf war.

She was an Iraqi refugee and I moved her to a safe holding zone.

I held her hand all night as she was scared becuase my because the allies had commenced bombing again.

I helped her to move through the holding zones and evantually managed to get her and her family to a relocation site

Neither of us could speak a word to each other but we just knew if you know what I mean.

So I went back to find her and like I said we knew.

She came to England and we are now married and I've learnt some Iraqi and she has learned much more English

We will be together forever

I hope this story is true, it's so sweet!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    on Plenty of Fish!

That's exactly what I was thinking!
  • lt_mrcook
    Options
    Firing range, 12 years ago. :love:
    Now that's HOT...:) Military or Civilian?
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    on Plenty of Fish!

Seriously, how do I find women like you on there? lol
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    we met through a mutual friend when I was 14 and he was 19...we didn't like eachother at first (I was a dumb kid, he was a jerk lol) we struck up a friendship after I went out with a younger friend of his and after a couple years we tried dating. Lasted about a year but I was still young and stupid so we broke up. We stayed best friends and helped eachother out with relationship advice. I got married to a loser (he told me it wasn't a great idea) and after that ended about a year later we thought to ourselves how come we aren't together? We have fun, been best friends for years so we know everything there is to know about eachother and are attracted to eachother and so we jumped in. It's been almost 9 years now (married 3.5) and we have two beautiful boys. I love him more than anything. We laugh all the time about our age difference back then but now 5 yrs doesn't seem like much at all. (I always thought I was grown and hung out with the older kids lol)
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    At a bar. :laugh:

I had met some friends for a few drinks after an art show and he came up to the table to talk to a coworker of mine. I didn't pay much attention to him (I had been single for over a year and had gotten to that "I love my single life I am not looking for anyone" point) The next weekend my co-worker invited me to the Birthday Party of one of her friends.

It was his Birthday, we ended up talking that night and started dating a week later. I don't know how I didn't notice him the first time we "met" cause he is smoking hot. But I just didn't pay attention. We even held a short conversation that night. :laugh:

We are getting married in May and have a beautiful daughter together. :love:
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    on Plenty of Fish!

That's exactly what I was thinking!

lol I think it's easier on a dating site and faster! Highly recommended :)
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We met at my sisters wedding reception got married 11mths later & have now been married for 13yrs.
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    at my parents friends house and saw a pic of their son and jokingly told them to call me when he came over to visit (their all british) well 6months later they called and weve been together ever since! it'll be 8 years in Feb married for 6 in march :)
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    We meet at a mutual friend's 4th of July BBQ. We both kinda sat there and talked **** about this girl who was trying to have sex with another mutual friend of ours that already had a girlfriend. We both don't like people who try to bang people with significant others.

Funny, the mutual "friend" that introduced me and the fiance later tried to hook up with him. :noway:

Needless to say, no longer a friend of either of ours. What is it with people that go after people that are taken? :explode:
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I met him through mutual friends.

We met the first time when he was engaged to someone else. I figured, well, there's another awesome-yet-unavailable man I've come across. All the good ones are taken...

But then they ended the engagement.

Then he and I went to a get-together at the mutual friends' house without knowing each other at all. After throwing giant knives at a tree, watching a zombie movie, and him throwing up four different times from all the vodka and hooch, I somehow wound up snuggled on his shoulder, and then we somehow wound up making out on the couch, and then . . . some other stuff happened . . . and we made it official four days later! It's been seven and a half amazing months, and we are completely in love!