Jillian says NOT to do 30 Day Shred Everyday

Options

Replies

• spoonflipper
    spoonflipper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ah. Well, at least that makes me no longer feel guilty about missing a day after four in a row :-p.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I knew I didnt like her for some reason ! LOL
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ._. I do it everyday. The pain went away after the first few days.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting. i ordered the dvd a couple days ago and was wondering about that..
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I alternate 3 of her videos. the 30 day shred, the ab, and the buns & thigh video. I go through all three and then repeat and it works great. The ab and buns & thigh videos are a little longer than the shred approx 35min.
  • NewChristine1483
    NewChristine1483 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    GREAT, useful information. THANK YOU!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    No wonder my boyfriend and I were feeling like it wasn't getting easier..
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WHAT. I literally just finished the 30DS on Saturday...I missed 2 days and felt horribly guilty about them, but otherwise did all 30 in a row. grrrrr.....
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    do it with other cardio and strength training exercises? Well, I'm pretty much swamped doing the 20 min workout.. and yeah, I agree..they should've made it clear when the DVD came out!

^^^This.....ughhh!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Now I don't feel guilty for not doing it on weekends.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I even did it twice in one day as I'd missed it the day before!!! Ha Ha! I was happy to try to do it for 30 days in a row (did 34 days with 4 days off). However I did Burn Fat Boost Metabolism today for the first time and it was AMAZING! Felt like such a good work out! I'll probably do this a 3-4 times a week and alternate with other dvd workouts!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I honestly think she did intend for it to be everyday (hence, 30 Day) and probably received backlash because of a lot of people hurting themselves.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I agree that the initial intention was daily. And as far as 400 pound people doing regular jumping jacks everyday, I don't buy it. I'm not that heavy, but my knees were a mess.
  • Sucy1
    Sucy1 Posts: 52
    Options
    I only do it 5 times a week then take the weekend off!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wow great info! Thanks!!!
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's good info. Three times a week it is. Thanks!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure she says at the end of level 2 "see you tomorrow"...

I've been doing it 3-4 times a week and I spend longer than 10 days at each level mostly because I also belong to a gym and do other stuff, but even if I didn't, I don't think I could take her voice daily...
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of level 3 today. I was curious about this post because I had assumed it was supposed to be done every day, which I have done. So, I looked at her website and couldn't find anything related to this topic. I decided to send an email through the Jillian Michaels website and see what they said. Here is the email I received:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support. The 30 day shred is intended to be used consecutively for 30 days doing each level for 10 days.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply and let me know. If you prefer to speak to a live representative, you can always call us toll free at 1-866-348-9729, 9am-8pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Regards,

Stephanie L.
    Customer Service
    Jillian Michaels Online
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    It's been about a year since I did this, but I was pretty sure on the main menu, or somewhere on the actual dvd (not on the case) there was something that said 4-5 times per week. I did hear her say that on her podcast, though. I'm so glad she got her radio show back, I've learned a lot from listening to her!

Ok, had to edit because I just read the above post. That would be crazy! You have to give your muscles time to heal. :huh: Maybe someone should forward that to Jillian.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just went out and bought the 30DS dvd today. I figured it would be like any other exercise - do it as frequently as you are comfortable, take a break for recovery when needed. I'm not going to freak out on myself if I miss a day here and there. With 2 kids to keep up with, it's not likely that I could do 30 days back-to-back even if it were easy. And it's probably going to kick my butt. LOL