• Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    THANK YOU GOD!

LOL
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have known this before I finsihed the 30DS in 30 days. Will certainly share this info, thanks!
  • Riara11
    Riara11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's clearly misleading! Why call it 30 day shred?!? I have this video and although I like it, it annoys me that she gives you no guidelines on what size weights to use!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I did the shred everyday. I took days off only when necessary (extremly busy day). I knew if I took a day off I'd get lazy and not want to start back up. I'm still like that now with any dvd that I do now; everyones diffrent though
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? Oi, I'm on level 3 day 7... and I haven't skipped one day... (10 days of level 1 and 10 days of level 2). And I thought I was doing it right... oi vay... oh well, I'll finnish it up how I've been doing it and "do it right" next time...
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    rhank you so much for posting. i just bought it and was like i dk if i can do it everyday lol.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cool, when I did it I took a rest day when I felt fatigued. For example if I went from being able to do 8 pushups to barely being able to do 2, I took the next day off. It wasn't that I was all that sore, just obviously tired and needing some time to rebuild. I ended up doing it 2-3 days in a row and then taking a rest, and I also did c25k at the same time when I could fit it in.

I'm about to start ripped in 30 and plan on doing it 2 days on, 1 day off.
  • Malroy907
    Malroy907 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    on her ripped in 30 dvd she says at the beginning to workout 4-6 days per week (may have been 4-5) with at least one day of rest.
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of level 3 today. I was curious about this post because I had assumed it was supposed to be done every day, which I have done. So, I looked at her website and couldn't find anything related to this topic. I decided to send an email through the Jillian Michaels website and see what they said. Here is the email I received:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support. The 30 day shred is intended to be used consecutively for 30 days doing each level for 10 days.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply and let me know. If you prefer to speak to a live representative, you can always call us toll free at 1-866-348-9729, 9am-8pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Regards,

Stephanie L.
    Customer Service
    Jillian Michaels Online

Well, hot damn. I have my shred set up on a calendar. 11 days for each level, I made it 11, so i could allow one break day if/when needed. So i cross out days when i do it, and when i absolutely need a break, I just put a big B on that date. Haha. i'm so lame.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For the people not doing it daily: I wouldn't fret :) It's exercise, just like any other exercise. You do what your body is comfortable with, with just enough discomfort to see some changes. It's not science or magic, missing a day won't undo all the good you've done. We're all going to see varying results, but if we stick with it we're all going to see results. Don't worry, just do what feels right to you :)
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Pretty lame that they didn't convey that info for people just starting out with the program. So many people on this web-site alone have complained about knee pain.

Yeah, I have attempted the Shred 3 other times and never complete it due to knee and back pain. I am on day 14 now of my 4th attempt and am just finding this out lol. Atleast I know now.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Interesting that reps of her site are sharing different guidelines than she is... sheesh.

I am doing the last day today and only skipped once and made it up the next day with 2 - I had also assumed that it was intended to be every day for 30 days.
  • mackenzienicole
    Options
    I had started the DVD once before but only did the one day and not the next. Since I figured it was supposed to be every day, I decided to quit at it. Well I started up again on November 14th, and was just coming on the topics to look for results and came across this. Glad I didn't get too far into the DVD and then realize this! Thank you for the information!!
  • spoonflipper
    spoonflipper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eh, I'm gonna keep doing it six days a week. I'm on Level 2 and I've been doing the knee circles from Level 1 before her Level 2 warm-up and in general, when my knees feel wonky the next day, I do some knee circles and it really helps. Not that this would work for everyone! I certainly don't want to be responsible for anyone screwing up their knees (for all I know I'm screwing up mine, they sure make a lot of noise).
  • bobbhebe
    bobbhebe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed any weightloss or inches since you started 30 day shred?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    It's clearly misleading! Why call it 30 day shred?!? I have this video and although I like it, it annoys me that she gives you no guidelines on what size weights to use!

She uses 3 lb weights. She says that somewhere in the video. 3 lbs wasn't fatiguing my muscles, so I switched to 5, then 8 by the 3rd level.
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    Options
    hmmm mixed info here.. i think i will prob to it 5 days a week and have weekends off (do other stuff instead) mostly cuz i dont want to do jumping jacks in front of my fiancé hahaha...
  • Little_Ms_
    Options
    Very glad to hear this as I'm on Day 8 - Level 2 and I'm sore from yesterday. Whats with those plank jumps!!!!??!
    It will be nice to do something different today!
  • Little_Ms_
    Options
    Yes I lost a centremetre off my neck since starting - as if that's where I want it to go from!!!!!!

I suppose everyone missed the post from aimeeturner on page 2 of this post?????

She emailed the Julian Michaels office and they said it is supposed to be 30 days consecutively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I honestly think she did intend for it to be everyday (hence, 30 Day) and probably received backlash because of a lot of people hurting themselves.

If I was to try to do it 30 days consecutively I would probably injure myself. I did day 1 two days ago and I am still in a lot of pain, my knees are weak, somewhat unstable if I'm not careful and my thighs are so sore I hobble up the stairs and have to come down sideways for it to be bearable. It's sad how out of shape I am for a 29 year old. LOL. But seriously, I think it's all about your personal fitness level and how you feel on a daily basis. I think the workout is designed to give great results after 30-ish workouts, not necessarily 30 days if that's not something you can sustain at your fitness level. I applaud and envy those that can do it daily. Can't wait to be in better shape to be able to do it that way myself.