people who LOST weight eating MORE

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• SewerUrchin
    Options
    In the last nine days, I lost 4lbs after a month-long depressing period when a) I found out my scales were wrong and I was heavier than I thought I was and b) I always ate under 1000 calories; not deliberately, but just because I didn't know or care about basic nutrition. Whereas, for some weird reason, a week and a half ago, I felt really hungry. So I ended up eating more all week, thinking "I'm going to hate myself at the end of this". Eventually, used the fancy digital scales, and I'd dropped 4lbs in about nine day, and could tell.
    That said, I don't personally know how upping your calories will effect anyone else, because everyone's different in terms of how much they need, but I'd recommend giving it a go if you're in a plateau or something.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    I was initially at 2000. I lost for a bit and then stopped. So did my strength at the gym. Upped to 2500 fat stated coming off and strength went up dramatically
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Lost 11 pounds over 5 months (Aug-Dec 11) at 1200 net, eating back some cals. Plateaued since Jan, now I'm trying the increased calorie amount (1900!) based on BMR and TDEE as calculated several places. Also lifting heavy/ Three days in. Will report back in two months.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    bump so I have the link to the original thread
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thread resurrection & update: It has been a month of eating more (1700-2000) calories gross per day with heavy lifting (NROLFW) and HIIT and I have lost 1 lb and gained noticeable muscle definition. Given that muscle definition is a more meaningful outcome (for me at least) than shifting around the few lbs I could lose, I am pretty happy. Oh yeah, and also I am happy because I eat 5x or more per day so I am not hangry all the time. :smile:
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    bump!!! after 3 years! lol