Caloric Intake Results

Options
1235»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi there:

Okay ... I *think* I understand this, but I don't think I understand how to apply it!

Using the Katch-McArdle formula, Fat 2 Fit calculates my BMR is 1519 and my LBM is 117.

50 yr old Female
    I weigh 156, Body fat is 25.5
    I have a goal of 147 (just because it would keep me under 150 even with the periodic girl swings of 3 pounds) and body fat goal of 24.5 (because I want to stay in the healthy range it is less than 25% which *seems* too high)

So, I used your 15.2 x 117 and that is 1778. And then, since I'm between moderate and very active, I used 1.6 and I get 2430

Now what do I do with that information and, second question, how do I use that information in MFP to keep track?

Thanks for your help!

If you use this information, it means, that you should set your calorie goal to 1778 for weight loss. You can set up a custom profile within MFP to set calories and macro's. Based on your stats, 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats would help you hit 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass.
  • cherylad
    cherylad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there:

Okay ... I *think* I understand this, but I don't think I understand how to apply it!

Using the Katch-McArdle formula, Fat 2 Fit calculates my BMR is 1519 and my LBM is 117.

50 yr old Female
    I have a goal of 147 (just because it would keep me under 150 even with the periodic girl swings of 3 pounds) and body fat goal of 24.5 (because I want to stay in the healthy range it is less than 25% which *seems* too high)

So, I used your 15.2 x 117 and that is 1778. And then, since I'm between moderate and very active, I used 1.6 and I get 2430

Now what do I do with that information and, second question, how do I use that information in MFP to keep track?

Thanks for your help!

If you use this information, it means, that you should set your calorie goal to 1778 for weight loss. You can set up a custom profile within MFP to set calories and macro's. Based on your stats, 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats would help you hit 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass.

Wow! Custom profile? I feel like one of the cool kids now!

One last question (for right now ... ;) ) 1778 is the net goal I want to set and I eat exercise calories?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hi there:

50 yr old Female

Thanks for your help!

Wow! Custom profile? I feel like one of the cool kids now!

One last question (for right now ... ;) ) 1778 is the net goal I want to set and I eat exercise calories?

To custom your calories go to: home <-- goals <-- custom goals <--- custom and then you can adjust calories and macro. Also, since exercise is in your TDEE, then you just eat the same thing daily. Set your goals to 1750 calories, 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats.

Out of curiosity, what is your workout plan?
  • cherylad
    Options
    Got it, so 1750 daily total and ignore the "exercise calories" part.

I do 3 times/week, 50 minutes each of cardio/strength (with either weights or resistance or both); 3 times/week, 50 minutes each of pure cardio, 5 times per week of power yoga, 45-50 minutes each and 2 times per week of yoga for staying flexible.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I do 3 times/week, 50 minutes each of cardio/strength (with either weights or resistance or both); 3 times/week, 50 minutes each of pure cardio, 5 times per week of power yoga, 45-50 minutes each and 2 times per week of yoga for staying flexible.

I would start with 1750. You seem to be doing a lot of exercise, so it's possible you need a bit more calories. But start with 1750 and if you feel sluggish, then add another 200-300 calories.
  • cherylad
    Options

I would start with 1750. You seem to be doing a lot of exercise, so it's possible you need a bit more calories. But start with 1750 and if you feel sluggish, then add another 200-300 calories.

Thanks! I've already discovered that getting all the protein in will be a heck of a challenge.
  • Valdivz
    Options
    hmmm.....so based on this formula, I should be eating around 2,700 calories?

Here are my stats:

Weight: 172
    Height 5'5
    Bodyfat %: 18.2 %
    LBM: 140.8 lbs.
    BMR: 1,749

I work in front of the computer all day long and workout in the evenings, but I go hard in the gym to try and make up for sitting down all day, burning around 600-800 calories.

I'm going to have to choose higher calorie foods.

any help would greatly be appreciated.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psuLemon
    Options
    hmmm.....so based on this formula, I should be eating around 2,700 calories?

Here are my stats:

Weight: 172
    Height 5'5
    Bodyfat %: 18.2 %
    LBM: 140.8 lbs.
    BMR: 1,749

I work in front of the computer all day long and workout in the evenings, but I go hard in the gym to try and make up for sitting down all day, burning around 600-800 calories.

I'm going to have to choose higher calorie foods.

any help would greatly be appreciated.

3-4 hours of working out a week - 1900 calories- 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats
    5-6 hours a week - 2200 calories - 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats <-- you can add a bit more carbs and lower protein a bit. Theoretically, you should aim for about 27% for protein, but I round.