FINALLY! A low calorie mug brownie (101 cal)

Options

Replies

• spacegirlz
    spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bump!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Try replacing the oil with applesauce like you would a regular one.
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump thanks for sharing
  • angiebugpie
    angiebugpie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    I LOVE mug brownies...unfortuantely, most recipes cost around 350 cal/serving. After MUCH googling, I found this delicious recipe:

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Microwave-Brownie-In-A-Mug-_single-Serving_-Chow

2 vegetable oil (tbs)
    2 water (tbs)
    1 drop vanilla extract
    1 dash salt
    1 pinch instant coffee (powder optional)

3 granulated sugar (tbs)
    2 unsweetened cocoa powder (tbs)
    2 all purpose flour (tbs)
    1 In a 12 oz coffee mug, mix water, oil, salt, vanilla and coffee, if using. Whisk well.
    2 Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
    3 Microwave for 60-75 seconds: 60 seconds for a molten bottom, 75 for uniformly done. I normally choose 60.
    4 Enjoy with a spoon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Careful, brownie will be hot.

I skin the ice cream, obviously, and didn't add coffee to mine (though that sounds delicious) Turned out really well!
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Just wanted to inform you all that any cake can be made into a cup cake in the microwave! Just take a microwave-proof cup (most of them are, especially plain, white ceramic ones), fill it half-full with the cake batter of your choosing (it can be as healthy or indulgent as you'd like), place it in the microwave for between 1 and 2 minutes, this depends majorly on your microwave and cake preferences. Start low and run in several times to get ideal result, and try to remember that time for your future microwave bakings.

Did you also know you can freeze batter? I suggest make a low-cal batter, fill ~1/2 c of batter each into muffin tins and stick it in the freezer. When they're frozen, you can take them out and place them in a large zip-lock bag or tupperware box or whatever it is you use. Then you can take one out and have a cupped cake whenever you feel like it. They're already portion sized, it's easy to calculate the kcal if you just divide total kcal on amount of portions you've made out of it.

Also, it's a great last-minute birthday present for friends, just buy a fun/cute/nice mug and present it with a birthday cake inside.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    So sorry everyone!! I don't know why I didn't catch that myself!!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!! :)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for this!!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipee's That just means that 1 is 4 servings and I can still have some.:-)
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Quote[/quote] 'I like chocolatecoveredkatie.com for mug cake ideas. All her "single lady cakes" can be microwaved. And I've gotten them down to 160 calories before.'
    [/quote]

I had no idea about this blog - thanks so much! :flowerforyou:
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try this one instead!!! It's amazing.
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/06/one-minute-chocolate-cake/
    Use applesauce instead of oil and it's still soooooo good. 150 calories!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hon, those calories are not right. 2 tbls of vegetable oil is 260 calories.........................
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinboop
    Options
    I LOVE mug brownies...unfortuantely, most recipes cost around 350 cal/serving. After MUCH googling, I found this delicious recipe:

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Microwave-Brownie-In-A-Mug-_single-Serving_-Chow

2 vegetable oil (tbs)
    2 water (tbs)
    1 drop vanilla extract
    1 dash salt
    1 pinch instant coffee (powder optional)

3 granulated sugar (tbs)
    2 unsweetened cocoa powder (tbs)
    2 all purpose flour (tbs)
    1 In a 12 oz coffee mug, mix water, oil, salt, vanilla and coffee, if using. Whisk well.
    2 Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
    3 Microwave for 60-75 seconds: 60 seconds for a molten bottom, 75 for uniformly done. I normally choose 60.
    4 Enjoy with a spoon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Careful, brownie will be hot.

I skin the ice cream, obviously, and didn't add coffee to mine (though that sounds delicious) Turned out really well!