Meet people like you on MFP- a questionnaire.

Options
bexominglex
bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
This is a little simple questionnaire I have seen duplicated over and over. The point of it is to quickly find people "like yourself". Since I am new here, i thought I would post it with my answers, and anyone that is interested can friend me. Please feel free to copy and paste the questionnaire and fill it out with your answers.

Name: Lex
Age: 29 years, 6 months, 23 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes. :)
Lives in: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Want to lose: About 25 pounds or so. Get down to 135 pounds. Something like that.
Fave movies: Terminator 2, Naked Lunch, Misery, The Shining, Spirited Away, Akira, City of Lost Children, Guy Maddin movies, horror movies in general
Fave books: It by Stephen King, The Road by Cormac McCarthy, The Wasp Factory by Iain M. Banks, The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein
Fave TV: Early X-Files, Discovery channel, some episodes of The Office and Corner Gas. Not really into TV though.
Fave music: Pink Floyd, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, classic rock from the 70s, Gyorgi Ligeti, Mozart, a lot of classical music, dixieland jazz,
Fave sports: I don't like sports, but I like camping, hiking and being in nature.
Hobbies: Painting, reading, watching horror movies, camping, puzzles, sleeping
Interests: Psychology, Homeopathic medicine, criminology, philosophy, para-psychology
List 5 random facts about yourself:
1. I like to make lists of things. :)
2. My MBTI type is INTP.
3. When I was a kid I wanted to work for the Jim Henson Creature workshop and make muppets. My other career choices were "FBI Behavioral Science Unit Profiler" (unfortunately, I am not an American) and hobo.
4. I have a very dark sense of humor apparently. But it's nearly impossible to "offend" me.
5. Right now I am wearing slippers that look like giant plush Labatt cans (Labatt's is a type of Canadian beer), a slipknot t-shirt, sweatpants, and a brown cardigan. Not sure why that matters but I couldn't think of an appropriate fifth fact.

Also, does anyone know how to add photos to posts?

Replies

• celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump-for later
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Haha...you have salad fingers as your profile picture! Excellent! Russsstttyyy spoons!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I require more time than what I have here (at my job) to fill out... but want to ensure I can find it for later, so I'm randomely writing on here to add it to my topics. Stay tuned for my update to come later!! :bigsmile:

for now:
    I am Kim. Kim I am. I am at work. But my work I am not. Seriously I hate my job.
  • bexominglex
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised that so many people here know who Salad Fingers is. :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    SALAD FINGERS! Man that takes me back.
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Haha...you have salad fingers as your profile picture! Excellent! Russsstttyyy spoons!

I like it when the red water comes out... haha!
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    Name: Alyssa
    Lives in: Massachusetts
    Want to lose: About another 50 lbs. Started with 75
    Fave movies: Courageous, Flywheel, Beyond the Gates of Splendor,
    Fave books: Foxe's Book of Martyrs, Chronicles of Narnia, Hudson Taylor, Rees Howells Intercessor, my Bible :)
    Fave TV: NCIS
    Fave sports: Don't watch too much, but I love to play volleyball, tennis, and football
    Hobbies: Reading, finding fun and creative things to do with the kiddos, Photography
    Interests: Researching health/medical information,
    1. I am a total list person
    2. I am weird with food. Case in point- I hate oranges, I hate orange juice. However, I love sucking the juice out of an orange. :)
    3. I have been with my hubby since we were 12.
    4. I smile. A lot.
    5. I cannot have a pajama day. I just can't stand it. I love my jammies at night, but when I am up, I am up.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    Name: Nicole
    Lives in: Tampa, Florida, United States (I'm a student @ USF, but grew up in Silver Springs/Ocala)
    Want to lose: about 10-15 more pounds to get down to 115 or 120
    Fave movies: Titanic, The Notebook, PS I Love You, The Blind Side, The Guardian
    Fave books: Tomcat in Love, The Things They Carried, It Happened to Nancy, Fahrenheit 451
    Fave TV: The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, The New Adventures of the Old Christine, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives
    Fave music: pretty much anything but rap or classical
    Fave sports: i like going to Hockey games
    Hobbies: working out, reading, writing letters
    Interests: people, sociology, social work, fitness and nutrition
    List 5 random facts about yourself: (1) i'm engaged to be married in 2013, (2) i've never had chicken pox, (3) i love to laugh (4) i grew up in a small town and hope to live there when i'm older, (5) i love interacting with others
  • phoenixfox
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Lives in: Sydney, Australia
    Want to lose: 6 kilograms (13.2 pounds) – already lost 17 kilograms (37 pounds)
    Favourite movies: Big Fish, Crash, What Dreams May Come
    Favourite books: Anything by Patricia Cornwell
    Favourite TV: Don’t really watch T.V
    Favourite music: Dire Straits, Eagles, Buddha Bar, Keisha Cole
    Favourite sport: Horse Riding
    Hobbies: Exercise and fitness, writing, cross words, being creative
    Interests: Psychology, criminology, philosophy

1. I am a perfectionist
    2. I’m afraid of failure
    3. I’m contemplating becoming a Police Officer
    4. I was the naughty kid at school
    5. I have really small feet
  • CaraBeara1
    Options
    Name: Cara
    Lives in: Central Arkansas
    Want to lose: About 40 pounds.
    Fave movies: Lord of the Rings
    Fave books: To Kill a Mockingbird, Cold Mountain, Lord of the Rings, Catcher in the Rye, My Antonia, Jane Eyre, Snow Falling on Cedars, and many others
    Fave TV: I don’t currently watch much tv, but in the past, it was Seinfeld, Arrested Development, That 70s show, My So Called Life, The Inbetweeners
    Fave music: Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, Nina Nastasia, Tim Kasher, The Decemberists, classical, bluegrass, and some jazz.
    Fave sports: To watch: college football; To play: kickball. I also like running and hiking.
    Hobbies: Gardening, reading, hiking, cooking, and renovating and decorating my house
    Interests: See Hobbies above
    1. I was born on a Friday the 13th.
    2. I’m not superstitious. :)
    3. I love to laugh and I love quality sarcasm.
    4. Someday I want to have a job that allows me to travel a lot more.
    5. I’m a sucker for questionnaires. :)
  • Barbarablw
    Barbarablw Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Name: Barbara
    Lives in: Santa Clara, CA
    Want to lose: 30 lbs 26 to go!! =)
    Fave movies: Notebook , Transformers, any action , chick flicks , comedy I like it all .
    Fave books: chicken soup books.......anything that catches my eye at the time
    Fave TV: love and hip hop, storage wars, anything funny and reality TV
    Fave music: R & B, Rap, Country, Spanish anything I can dance to =)
    Fave sports: Football .
    Hobbies: Spending time with my kids......learning to cook different foods.
    Interests: I LOVE SHOES (HEELS) im addicted, I love anything thats fun and exciting
    1. sometimes I cry just because i need to
    2.i collect shot glasses
    3. i like to watch surgery videos ( i know weird but its very interesting to me)
    4. I cry when Im excited
    5. The dark scares me !!
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Name: Jennifer (or Jen)
    Lives in: Sacramento, CA
    Want to lose: I've lost 65 and have between 17 and 7 left, depending on how it goes and how I feel
    Fave movies: Forrest Gump, Legally Blonde, Man in the Moon, Saved, Step Brothers, Nevada Barr books
    Fave books: Snow Falling on Cedars, the Millenium trilogy (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo), The Help
    Fave TV: CSI, Pretty Little Liars, Too Fat for Fifteen, ANTM
    Fave music: Most everything except hardcore rap and super heavy metal
    Fave sports: Basketball, biking, racquetball, skiing, anything outside
    Hobbies: reading, camping, trying to sew
    Interests: Education, art, mysteries, taking pictures
    1. I love color coding
    2. I have siblings 20 years younger than me
    3. Children seem to be mesmerized by my long hair and height (6'0"), I've been called Rapunzel
    4. I'm sarcastic
    5. I hate cilantro.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    *Name: Cory
    *Lives in: The best place in the world - Tucson, Arizona
    *Want to lose: Loose skin only -- I have surpassed my weight loss goals and even am happy with my Body Fat %
    *Fave movies: Life Is Beautiful, Beauty & The Beast (the Disney version), Schindler's List, Dead Poets Society, 13 Going on 30
    *Fave books: The Winds of War and War & Remembrance by Herman Wouk, The Count of Monte Crist by Alexander Dumas, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, and Brighter Than The Sun by Julia Quinn (super fun and fluffy romance novel)
    *Fave TV: I really only watch Chuck and occasionally What Not To Wear
    *Fave music: A mix of everything. My favorite songwriter is Paul Simon. I love Randy Travis, Metallica, and Matthew West (he's a Christian artist)
    *Fave sports: I don't like watching sports much but I love playing baseball
    *Hobbies: Reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, and reading. Occasionally cooking/baking
    *Interests: Reading, Health, other stuff
    *List 5 random facts about yourself:
    1. I know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop
    2. I can burp the alphabet, twist my pinky around 180 degrees, lick my own nose, cross/wiggle/roll my eyes independently of the other, and am full of other stupid human tricks that hold vast appeal for 9 year old boys, one of which I happen to be the mother of.
    3. I can walk through a swarm of mosquitos and not get bitten. They don't like me.
    4. Until last summer, the furthest east I had ever traveled was Plains, Texas, and I only got there by accident -- I drove 400 miles in the WRONG DIRECTION.
    5. I love rules but hate reading directions. I'm also a slob with insane organizational skills. I despise math but am freakishly good at it. I'm a bit of an oxymoron.
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options
    Name: Chelsea.
    Lives in: Taranaki, New Zealand.
    Want to lose: 90kg. I've already lost 14kg, so it's a start :)
    Favourite movies: Up for anything really except romantic comedies - hate them!
    Favourite books: Anything by Martina Cole.
    Favourite TV: Loved the t.v. remakes of Martina Cole books, The Mentalist, documentaries.
    Favourite music: Evanescence, The Swellers, Paramore, Metallica, Lamb of God, Adele.
    Favourite sport: Swimming!
    Hobbies: Writing, working with animals, reading, cross words, sitting in a slight breeze on a sunny day.
    Interests: Agriculture, genealogy, etymology.

1. I takes a huge effort for me to burp!
    2. I’m planning to study for a Bachelor of Teaching. I don't know if it's exactly what I want to do.
    3. I've trained with an agricultural college, and while I love it I'm too lazy to work on a farm.
    4. I'm vegetarian - 4 and a half years ago. Started eating fish last year.
    5. I have really large feet.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Name: nikki
    Lives in: Milton Keynes, UK
    Want to lose:6 or 7 pounds - they're pretty stubborn pounds.
    Fave movies: I'm more of a cartoon person: powerpuff girls, dexter's lab, daria, The Venture Bros.
    Fave books: stuff like We Need To Talk About Kevin, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and Harry Potter and The Spooks Apprentice
    Fave TV: I don't have TV but I like Dr. Who
    Fave music: Depends on my mood but I love Mike Patton.
    Fave sports: sports?
    Hobbies: making things, arty activities, dancing and whatnot.
    Interests: human behaviour.
    1. I find it impossible to make a towel fluffy.
    2. I am very concerned about the way I look although I usually look like I've thrown on last week's dirty washing.
    3. I hate the time just before doing things: I will put off doing things and really moan at myself that I don't want to do stuff but once I've started doing it I'm normally fine.
    4. Today I moved my desk because I was bored and I was slightly disappointed when it wasn't more exciting in my new seat.
    5. I'm, like a probation officer for kids.
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    *Name: Jana
    *Lives in: Prince Edward Island, Canada
    *Want to lose: Between 50 - 60lbs
    *Fave movies: The Breakfast Club, V for Vendetta
    *Fave books: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings
    *Fave TV: Glee, Breaking Bad, Mad Men
    *Fave music: Wintersleep, Yeah yeah yeahs, Hey Rosetta, The Arkells
    *Fave sports: Synchronized Swimming, Speed Swimming
    *Hobbies: Is studying a Hobbie?? haha
    *Interests: Health and Fitness, Synchronized Swimming, Music
    *List 5 random facts about yourself:
    1. I am extremly organized
    2. One of my favorite things to do is drive/walk/bike and listen to music
    3. I love love love camping and I live in probably the best part of Canada for it!!! Insanly beautiful with great beaches and very few dangerous animals on the East Coast.
    4. One of my favorite memories was driving from PEI to British Columbia with my family! Canada is a crazy beautiful country and I think everyone should experience that atleast once in their life
    5. I know my boyfriend is going to propose soon :):) I accidentally found a secret bank account and information on engagment rings!!!
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Name: Shannon
    Lives in: Baltimore, MD but I was born and raised in Tampa, FL
    Want to lose: 100 lbs!!! Ahh!
    Fave movies: I love movies in general but my faves have to be Pride and Prejudice (2006), Atonement, Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings, Bridesmaids, Milk, The Blind Side, and much much more
    Fave books: A Song of Ice and Fire series, Harry Potter, Atonement, Pride and Prejudice (hey, it's my movie list!), Stardust
    Fave TV: Not a big TV watcher. Community, How I Met Your Mother (even though all the fat jokes are getting a little offensive), Game of Thrones, Dead Like Me, Buffy (ok, so some are not technically on TV anymore but it SHOULD BE), Two Broke Girls
    Fave music: Alicia Keys, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, The Maine, The Weepies
    Fave sports: I've never really liked sports, but I do watch football on TV sometimes
    Hobbies: Reading, sleeping, exploring my city, history, shopping
    Interests: History, literature, learning new things
    1. I like to fill these sort of things out
    2. I'm afraid of clowns
    3. I can't roll my R's
    4. I'm not Hispanic, but everyone I meet thinks I am. I also cannot speak spanish.
    5. I can read music
  • bexominglex
    Options
    Cool. Like reading the responses. Some of you guys in your early 20s seem so mature. Wow. Cool. it's interesting to see how different people are and look for patterns and trends.

Probation officer for kids? Hmmm.... I find your profile pic interesting. :)
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Name: Hanna
    Lives in: Edmonton, Alberta
    Want to lose: I'm not sure. My UGW is 115 lbs, but who knows? I don't know what I look like at that weight yet, so maybe I'll settle at 125 or something.
    Fave movies: Harry Potter. And then there are a few movies that I like, but I don't really have a favourite.
    Fave books: Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, and some others but, like I said about movies, I don't really have a favourite.
    Fave TV: [Jon and] Kate Plus 8, Criminal Minds, Disney shows (lol. shut up!), FRIENDS, H2O: Just Add Water
    Fave music: Don't really know. I like boybands still, hahahhaha. And kpop!
    Fave sports: Cheerleading for the rest of my life!
    Hobbies: Singing! And sometimes acting. And piano.
    Interests: Getting skinny. Cheerleading.
    1. Just be my friend if you want to know about me.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Name: Jenn
    Lives in: Berkshire County, Massachusetts, US
    Want to lose: 49 lbs. but about 38 lbs to go.
    Fave movies: Twilight Saga, Harry Potter Series, To Save A Life, A Walk to Remember, any romance movie basically
    Fave books: My Sister's Keeper
    Fave TV: NCIS, Law & Order: SVU, House, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains (basically anything on USA), Switched at Birth, The Lying Game, Secret Life, That 70's Show
    Fave music: Lifehouse, Nickelback, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, and others
    Fave sports: Baseball, Basketball, Football, Swimming, Tennis
    Hobbies: reading, writing poetry, listening to music
    Interests: psychology, mysteries, movies
    1. I like answering survey questions, etc. like this
    2. I use sarcasm all the time, so much that people can't tell when I'm being sarcastic and telling the truth.
    3. I usually keep my thoughts to myself but when I don't like someone the whole world knows
    4. I'm a huge spelling and grammar freak
    5. I only trust one person in the whole world with my every thought