The art of eating 4-6 times a day.

Options
123457»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Does that mean what you eat (as long as you get the proper nutrients) not matter either? Because i was linked to an article saying the body sees a calorie as a calorie and it doesnt really matter where your getting in from.

Pretty much, yes. Though you will probably feel your best if you're eating decent whole foods.
    Doesnt that kinda debunk the saying "abs are made in the kitchen"?

I don't think it debunks it at all. You hit the nail on the head earlier when you said "as long as you get the proper nutrients". Decent macros and a calorie deficit in the kitchen will get you to a low enough body fat to see abs. Exercise doesn't hurt either :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I think a more accurate statement would be "Abs are made in the gym, but revealed in the kitchen".

Glad to see we have all calmed down! The problem for some of us is we hear these same myths being touted day in day out, and we just get a bit...tired of it, and sometimes we come over as harsh, abrupt, etc. We don't mean to, we just wish the myths would die!

I, like you, was misinformed before coming here. There is a lot of misinformation on here, but you come to trust certain posters as they have done their research. People like Joejccva71, Sunshine, Ninerbuff, Acg, Sidesteal, etc, know their stuff, and have taught me a great deal of FACTS, dispelling my former notions.

But as sunshine said, try to read those links. They make total sense and will really help you become more informed! :D