Warning: Gross subject

Options

Replies

• maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I eat a greek yogurt and Kelloggs all bran buds (51percent fiber) and it seem to do the trick.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    No, eating healthy regulates everything. You should have a bowel for every time you eat (if you eat 2x's a day, you should have 2 bowel movements).

Are you getting enough fiber? Are you eating fresh fruits and veggies? Are you drinking plenty of water?

Is that right? I have never heard that before. I eat 3 meals plus snacks like fruit and I just go once. Am I going to die?
  • megan6709
    megan6709 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yogurt too, like other people have mentioned. I don't even LIKE yogurt, but I have been eating it every day. (It's the slime factor I don't like, otherwise its ok)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    As soon as I hit reply, Sunshine_88's answer was already there and was pretty much what I was gonna say.

she hasnt replied yet

hers was the first reply

Ever since the advent of time travel, forum threads have become very confusing to follow.
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It could have to do with how much you're eating too. Less food in, less waste comming out.

Not sure if it's true or not, but my grandmother claims that eating dried appricots every day helps with this.
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    in the hospital if you havnt gone on the third day you get laxatives....thats pretty standard in Australia
    i wouldnt take any laxatives or anything just increase your fibre and water, if you do that and its still only twice a week go see a doctor as if you dont poop it out it goes hard and that is not good
    i looked after a lady who hadnt gone in like 12 days.....................it was bad
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I just saw a doctor last week for some... uhh... difficulties I was having.

She said that anywhere from three times a day up to three times a week are all normal, but if you used to go more often than you are now, something could be going on.

I agree that fiber won't help without water. Here's what I suggest, in this order:

1. Drink more water (I'm currently drinking three quarts a day, and it is helping a lot. It didn't at first, but after a few days, it's great.)

2. Eat more fiber. Whole grains are a great source of fiber. Some cereals are known for having lots of fiber. Beans are good too. You'd think veggies have a lot of fiber, but they don't have as much as I thought they did. They are still better than nothing. If you have trouble getting 30-35 grams of fiber in a day, consider a fiber supplement, like Metamucil or Benefiber. I like to get the drink mixes, because it helps me get more water.

3. Consider a stool softener. My doctor recommended Colace. It doesn't soften it up that much for me, but it does make it a little more slippery so it eases out better.

4. If you can't go for more than three days, you should check in with your doctor.

Some other ideas: Activia yogurt (it helps me, but it doesn't solve all my digestive issues), magnesium supplements (if you take enough, they give you diarrhea.)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Oh, and whatever you do, don't push too hard. That's how people get hemorrhoids.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    mine was silly for a couple weeks but every month (once a month only) i drink an organic laxative tea. tastes good, you go in the morning a couple times, cleans you out good, and keeps you rolling well for a while. i also take braggs organic apple cider vinager. i drink tea or coffee pretty much everyday. and avoiding heavy foods pretty much ensures i am regular everyday (and vitamins) i take 1 multi vitamin a day naturemade
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, when i started eating healthier, not to be gross but i got really constipated, i took a laxitive and give a few days it went back to normal, i wouldnt normaly take a laxitive but i was in alot of pain from gas build up and constipation, which is also a good reason for me to remeber to stick to eating healthy or ill have to go threw that again
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My theory is, when you're eating healthy foods, your body is able to break it down better and use it more efficiently, so there is less waste. Kind of like a fuel efficient car...higher quality fuel means less emissions. Don't know if there's any truth to that theory, but I know that the same thing happens to me. Yet, when I'm eating healthy, I can go a couple of days between BM's and still feel far less bloated than when I am going every day while eating junk food.
  • Dclem1206
    Options
    Oh I've also have to pee aaallll the time now. Dont know if that's related or not.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    BTW, I've heard that flaxseed oil helps with regularity, and it's supposed to be even healthier for you than olive oil. Warning, though, I've also heard that you should stay near a bathroom for a couple of hours after you've taken it. I have an aquaintance who had an embarrassing experience in WalMart after taking his daily dose of flaxseed oil.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Oh I've also have to pee aaallll the time now. Dont know if that's related or not.

The peeing is probably due to your body getting rid of all the excess fluids it was retaining because of the high sodium junk foods. Plus, if you are eating alot of fresh fruits and veggies in addition to a minimum 8 glasses of water/day, that's ALOT of water going through your system. Though it can be inconvenient, the peeing is a good thing. Your body is being cleaned from the inside out.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Agree. And good luck!

]
    increase fiber, veggies, and water. Should help :]
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    no it should help you stay regular. increase your fiber.
    eat fiber rich veggies/fruits.
    vitatops are a good source of fiber - as are chia seeds, also you can get a flavorless fiber supplement if you want - mix in drinks, food, etc. ALSO - stay hydrated, it's helpful for bowel movements.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    BTW, I've heard that flaxseed oil helps with regularity, and it's supposed to be even healthier for you than olive oil. Warning, though, I've also heard that you should stay near a bathroom for a couple of hours after you've taken it. I have an aquaintance who had an embarrassing experience in WalMart after taking his daily dose of flaxseed oil.

I take flaxseed oil - and I've never had any issue with 'accidents'
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It should keep you regular. Eat more fiber (fruits and veggies) and drink lots of water.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    With Threads like this who needs Enemeez? :laugh:

http://www.enemeez.com/

Exercise is good for constipation too.
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SMOOTH MOVE TEA- I drink it once or twice a month because I always get "clogged up" right before my period.