Five Unique Things About Me

Options
lumberjacks94
lumberjacks94 Posts: 135 Member
1. I have traveled to visit many historic death sites: Ford's Theater, Dealy Plaza, OJ murders, Michael Jackson house, more.
2. I am a love child. Dad was a roadie for Fleetwood Mac in the '70s, met my mom in a bar, they married 3 days later and I was born 9 months later.
3. I do not have any tattoos. (remember when it made you unique to have one?)
4. I was once in a Kit Kat TV commercial.
5. I have never done the following things: shot a gun, rode a motorcycle, milked a cow, went to jail, seen a Harry Potter movie or "Avatar" and watched "American Idol" or "Jersey Shore."

What's unique about you?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    1) I was attacked by a German Shepherd working at a vet clinic during high school and wound up with 40+ stitches on my face, as well as permanent scars.
    2) Unlike most college students my first year, I lost the freshman 15 instead of gained, and unlike a lot of college students I know, I don't party or drink.
    3) I don't have any tattoos, or piercings.
    4) I'm training for my first half marathon and have raised over $1,000 for an animal shelter I'm running it for.
    5) I can do the voice of Stitch from Disney's "Lilo and Stitch"

:)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a great list. I guess that my most unique things are the color of my eyes. My Dad says he can see my soul in my blue eyes. My partner's nickname for me from the very beginning was "Blue Eyes" and she still calls me this to this day. I've had strangers on the streets or in stores stop me to tell me I have the prettiest eyes they have ever seen. An no I don't wear colored contacts, they are all mine. LOL
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    1. I don’t mind dishes its putting them away that I can’t stand
    2. Coffee smell turns me on right now
    3. I rarely sleep... I take naps
    4. I like to dance when I drink...sometimes naked!
    5. I could never get sick of that lovely sticky drink “SLURPEE”
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    1. I am a half Brazilian (with French&Italian heritage) and half Finnish/Greek
    2. I speak 5 languages fluently.
    3. I have green-yellow eyes
    4. I lost 13 kg in 3 months (I don't know how unique that is, but I feel damn proud about it!)
    5. I am addicted to reggae music, can't go a day without it!
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    1. I have traveled to visit many historic death sites: Ford's Theater, Dealy Plaza, OJ murders, Michael Jackson house, more.

love love LOVE this...(perhaps that makes ME unique?)
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1- People say I am eccentric in a sort of exciting way (lol make whatever you will of this)
    2- I have gotten lost 3 times shopping with my parents as a kid (they are not to blame... place WAS crowded and I was a fan of action figures :laugh: )
    3- One of my hobbies is star-gazing. Absolutely addicted to it. I've learned the entire night sky as well as directions (so if you get lost in the wild I could help you out... unless the sky is clouded out :frown: )
    4- I can speak 2 languages fluently and 3 others not-so-fluently
    5- I am a part-time freelance writer. Once one of my articles got published in a (locally) famous magazine and they published my photo as well. Next week after that I was out shopping alone and got stopped and recognized by a bunch of random strangers who thought I was a good writer.. lol (unique, innit :P)
    BONUS 6th- I was once so addicted to drinking soft drinks/coke that I sometimes went days without drinking any water! :noway: Given them up almost entirely now, thankfully!
  • dancer4275
    Options
    1. I traveled to Bermuda last year. (you must go some time...beautiful!)
    2. I have seven older siblings and I am the youngest/only girl in my family....and no, I'm not a brat. although I did get my own room ;)
    3. I think I'm addicted to coffee!
    4. I met Carrot Top at the airport.
    5. I sweep my house when I get stressed out!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    1) I went to model and acting school as teenager
    2) I pass out when I see alot of blood
    3) I love animals and poems
    4) My parents have been married my entire life
    5) I have had the same best friend since 3rd grade
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1. I'm a published author. I wrote a book in 2003 that is a study guide for special education teachers that went on to be published. Nope, didn't get rich from it...but I do get a very small royalty check once every three months (enough to go out for date night). It used to sell at book fairs in the State of Texas and educator conventions, but went on to sell on Amazon!
    2. I'm very "graceful"...I broke my left foot 3 times, broke the right arm twice, had my right knee (ACL) messed up, and other bangs!
    3. I have dyscalculia (or math disability). However, I was able to convince the powers that be with SAT's/ACT's/GRE's and even my college dean that math was useless - and I went on to earn 2 master's degree's...and completed all but my dissertation for my PhD - proving that those with specific learning disabilities CAN achieve a college education with a little hard work!
    4. To piggy back on number 3 - I'm a high school drop out. I had teachers in Louisiana (back when I was living with my mom and step dad, before returning back to Texas) who thought I was lazy even though I had dyscalculia. They thought because of my last name I must act like my brother and cousins who were in high school before my time. Well, I dropped out - immediately moved back to Texas to live with family, got enrolled in a GED program at a local high school and earned my Texas High School Equivalency Diploma. Sure, I had to enroll in community college to get my foot in the door...but again, dreams are possible. GED doesn't mean failure...sometimes it's a means to an end.
    5. My dad was truck driver...all my vacations as a kid were in that 18-wheeler. Yup, it would be our family you would see at Disney World with the 18-wheeler in the parking lot with 6 kids and a set of parents crawling out of - LOL!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    2. I am a love child. Dad was a roadie for Fleetwood Mac in the '70s, met my mom in a bar, they married 3 days later and I was born 9 months later.

I always thought a love child was a child born as result of an affair with someone married (usually to the mistress of the married man). your description sounds more like a honeymoon baby.
  • dancer4275
    Options
    okay. here's to another go.

1. I placed top 10 in an international talent competition when I was 16.
    2. I have been acting since I was around 6, and have been in commercials for Disney, Sea World, and Typhoon Lagoon. I was also a principle model for a photoshoot for DisneyLand Tokyo, Japan.
    3. I used to go to church with Kristin Chenoweth's family.
    4. My friends/dance pals and I were selected to perform in the Citrus Bowl halftime show.
    5. I absolutely hate Twilight.
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. I am a synesthete - I have both grapheme-color and number form synesthesia.

2. I once gave myself a black eye while getting up in the middle of the night to look up a word in the dictionary (it's an obsession with me).

3. I don't care about the argument between unique/unusual here, even though I'm a word nerd - it's all about the fun of the list.

4. I also don't care that I can't come up with 5 things - apparently I'm neither unique nor unusual, so there you have it. :smile:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    1. I used to eat my Top Ramen almost raw, just enough water to soften it and down the hatch it went.
    2. I have lucid dreams fairly often.
    3. I can remember names very easy, I see you once and get your name, I'll remember you years down the road. It always amazes my customers.
    4. I can remember when Carter was President. I'm 35 so I must of been 2. My parents were talking about him and it stuck in my head.

Ooopsie! I only did 4, lol.

Anyway, my 5th is that I sometimes get powerful feelings of deja vu...like seriously stop me in my tracks take my breath away. Kinda weird.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My five things:

1. My dad has run a karate school since I was 5. (Any idea how hard it is to get dates as a teenager after telling someone that?)
    2. I've won medals competing in national karate tournaments, myself, but didn't start competing until I was in my mid-20s.
    3. I met my husband when I was 18 and we got engaged 10 days after we started dating. 23 years of marriage and counting....
    4. <~~~~ My tattoo is one-of-a-kind and it was done in two parts, first the Mickey and then the flowers, over a decade apart.
    5. My whole life, I've never run unless chased or forced to in PE. At 45, I decided to start running and am training for my first half marathon.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    1. I am a synesthete - I have both grapheme-color and number form synesthesia.

1. I also have number form synesthesia.
    2. I'm frightened of escalators.
    3. I read magazines from back to front.
    4. I recently got the Stargate Earth address tattooed on my forearm.
    5. I amaze my customers because I know almost every item we have in my store and exactly where it is on the shelf. Even bosses come to me when they need to know if we have something, where something goes, or where to find something.
    2. I have lucid dreams fairly often.

So do I. I always think it's funny when I find books about how to lucid dream.

P.S.

There is more than one definition for "unique", one of which is "unusual".
  • brandeejean
    brandeejean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My five things:
    1. I am not on Facebook.
    2. I had 12 people in my high school class.
    3. I've never had a broken bone.
    4. My playlist stretches from Adele to P!nk to Phish to Nirvana to........
    5. I WILL tell people (sometimes strangers) when they have something in their teeth, their zipper is down, their tag is out, etc.
  • lorals05
    Options
    Well I consider myself fairly average, but here are my 5 things:

1. This year was the first time I've ever flown
    2. I have recurring dreams (mainly that my parents would move without me, but one time they actually did!)
    3. I am double jointed (partially due to injuries I have received over the years)
    4. I don't eat seafood
    5. I would rather go hungry than go without my coffee :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    1. I've been to the Superbowl, NHL playoffs, World Series, NBA playoffs, Kentucky Derby (twice), Dragracing Nationals, but yet I don't really consider myself a "sports fan"!

2. I've been on a movie set & Hugh Jackman introduced himself to me.

3. I work in a gravel pit. I play in the dirt for a living!

4. I am ALWAYS reading something. Even if it's a shampoo bottle in the bathroom!

5. I'm afraid of the dark, and will often times sleep with my light on.
  • Vmcd
    Vmcd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. When I was 16, I was bitten by a Copperhead snake.
    2. I've had a crush on Jon Bon Jovi since I was 13.
    3. I faint at the sight of blood.
    4. I met my husband in college. We graduated from the same high school and never had one class together in four years.
    5. I walked in on 2 men robbing our house when I was 12. I ran to a neighbor's house to call the police. They were never caught. To this day, it's hard for me to walk in to my house if I know no one else is home.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    1. I can feel colours with my fingertips.
    2. I have appeared in a sci-fi photo story.
    3. I'm scared of steep slopes. Not heights, just steep slopes.
    4. I can put my legs behind my head.
    5. I have the same name as Cleopatra's older (and obviously more attractive) sister.