6 weeks out from TT surgery (w/pics)!!

Options
Ok so for those of you that wanted to follow my post surgery progress I have an update. Today marks 6 weeks out from surgery! woohoo! I have been taking pictures every 2 weeks so I can keep track photographically. When I compared 2 wks vs 6 wks I couldnt believe the difference so I am going to post here for all to see.

I have heard from a lot of you that have recently done or are planning on doing this surgery. I have to say I know surgery isn't the right choice for everyone but I can say definitively that it was absolutely the right choice for me!! I really started to see/feel the biggest difference once I hit about 4 1/2 weeks. My stamina was increasing, pain was almost zero, I was just able to do more all around. It doesn't feel quite so daunting now.

For those of you in the early stages of recovery, I can say without a doubt, IT DOES GET BETTER!!!!

For a quick background...I had lost 70 lbs from 235 to 165. As I lost the weight my stomach got worse and hung more. I was told the only way it would "go away" was through surgery. Due to some medical issues I was able to have my Tummy Tuck, umbilibal Hernia fixed and muscle repair on Oct 5th fully covered by insurance, I was one of the lucky ones!!!

Here is my before 70lbs lost and after: I havent taken any pics of me yet with clothes on post surgery so that one will have to wait but you can get the idea at least:
4qo875.jpg

These are pics taken the night before TT surgery:
2ep4opl.jpg

So without further ado here are my 2wk vs. 6 wk pics!

Front View (6wks out on the Left and 2wks out on the right)
27yn29s.jpg

Side View (6wk on Left and 2wks on right)
2hq6p1y.jpg

Leaning View (2wk on left and 6wk on right)
1zh2p05.jpg

Replies

• mjemerson
    Options
    ok readjusted the size of pictures so you can actually see them, sorry!!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome. I have really been thinking about it but just can't afford it.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl - congrats on the results, and they will continue to improve!!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look absolutely amazing. I bet you're loving it :) Great job on the weight loss and on doing something that made you happy.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You look amazing and your scar looks great!!!!! Oh I hope that I look the same way in 5 weeks! lol
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a major difference! I'm so glad that you have had good luck with the results. This might be a weird question but do all tummy tucks have such a big incision? I'm so happy for you MJ :D
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lucky you!! How much did the skin weigh, if you don't mind my asking?
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was about your age when I had my TT! You look amazing and it will continue to look better...and by the way...the scar does fade! It never goes away, but fades through the years. It has been 10 years since I had mine done and the great news is that your belly will not get fat again since the mucles inside are tightened! Great pictures! I was never brave enough to post mine!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...you look younger too!
  • dimplzz
    Options
    Wow, that is a major difference! I'm so glad that you have had good luck with the results. This might be a weird question but do all tummy tucks have such a big incision? I'm so happy for you MJ :D

Yes, I think so.. I had mine a week ago and mine is that large as well.

MJ, I was also going to comment because going back and looking now, it looks like my scar is a lot darker than yours. Was yours already looking a lot better at the two week mark? I am hoping mine isn't infected. :-( I think that one of my drainage tube openings is. boo!
  • beebabe
    Options
    Does your scar hurt? Is it sensitive? How about your new belly button? My SIL had surgery and has a similar scar. Sometimes if she sneezes hard, she feels like her scar is going to pop open. She is really itchy around it too. What are the disadvantages of this surgery. I really want it done.
  • mjemerson
    Options
    OMG!!! You look amazing and your scar looks great!!!!! Oh I hope that I look the same way in 5 weeks! lol

I know it is hard now only a week out but like I said, IT GETS BETTER! you will be so happy!!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    wow...you look amazing!!!!
  • latinahada
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • mjemerson
    Options

As far as I know yes full TT have that large of an incision. I measured mine and it is 24 inches long. That is more then half my body, pretty crazy but i dont mind the scar.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the pictures! You look great!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a change!! Congratulations!!
  • dimplzz
    Options

I know it is hard now only a week out but like I said, IT GETS BETTER! you will be so happy!!

Thanks bunches! I want to answer a few of these questions that they are asking you but it is your post. lol I will just look at your responses as I am sure they would be the same as mine.

To everyone else that reads this. I had one done a week ago. If you look at my profile, I posted a before picture and a 6 day out picture.
  • mjemerson
    Options
    Lucky you!! How much did the skin weigh, if you don't mind my asking?

He took 7lbs off my, I got to the see the pictures of what he took off. NASTY!! My doctor was very surprised actually he thought it would only be 3-4lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!